Logo Platform
logo amplifiers simplified
Humankind
Universe banner wording

[Map] Giant Earth Map

Copied to clipboard!
3 years ago
Sep 4, 2021, 9:09:35 AM

The classic Giant Earth Map (size 194x80) for Humankind, mostly realistic but with some upscaled regions (Europe, Japan, British islands) for gameplay reasons.

I hope to use it as a base for bigger projects, and I'd like to get as much feedback as possible to make it better.

I'm interested in balance, to keep the total number in the safe zone some regions are bigger than others and I'd like to know how it feels/play.

Resources are placed in real world location, but limited on number to match what you'll get in a normal game, so you won't find each real world oil field on the map, but those placed are either ancient known locations or modern field for example.

You can get it on mod.io here:

https://humankind.mod.io/map-giant-earth-map

So if you try it, please let me know how it plays for you TIA

Updated 3 years ago.
0Send private message
3 years ago
Sep 5, 2021, 1:12:53 PM

New version uploaded with the following changes:

- added a 6 players version of the map

- spread out starting positions

- split some territories to slow down expansion

- tweak some territories size for balance

- changed Japan and British Islands to be "Ocean" (used for islands) territories in the Editor instead of their own continent (to prevent triggering the "first to find an empty continent" event)

I'm also testing a gameplay mod to lock new Cultures if you don't own the corresponding territories on the map in your Empire.

0Send private message
0Send private message
3 years ago
Sep 8, 2021, 10:08:04 PM

After a few playthrough on different starting positions, including 2 in MP, I've made a balance pass to give a bit more food in some of the large forest territories.

v1.0.3 is available on mod.io

Updated 3 years ago.
0Send private message
0Send private message
3 years ago
Sep 16, 2021, 5:28:59 PM

Thanks, and thanks everyone who helped me during its development !

And thanks Amplitude for the contest, very happy :D

0Send private message
3 years ago
Sep 18, 2021, 7:09:34 PM

map cant start after new patch and to manually validate map in the editor demand me to remake some part of the map. What to do?

Updated 3 years ago.
0Send private message
3 years ago
Sep 18, 2021, 10:55:53 PM
swedewolf wrote:

map cant start after new patch and to manually validate map in the editor demand me to remake some part of the map. What to do?

Do you have v.1.0.4 of the map? 

0Send private message
3 years ago
Sep 19, 2021, 5:52:00 PM

For some reason I only seem to spawn in the same place in central africa. Is there a way to try different spawn points?

0Send private message
3 years ago
Sep 19, 2021, 6:24:01 PM
ManWithTheMask wrote:

For some reason I only seem to spawn in the same place in central africa. Is there a way to try different spawn points?

It's not intuitive but at this moment the way to chose your starting position in SP is to start a private MP game and join another slot. 

The list of positions are in the mod description on mod.io

0Send private message
3 years ago
Sep 19, 2021, 9:42:59 PM
Gedemon wrote:
It's not intuitive but at this moment the way to chose your starting position in SP is to start a private MP game and join another slot. 

The spawn order deduced from map (x,y) is forced in the map editor, not by the game when loading the map, so you can can change the start positions order in Save.hms file by just reordering them.

0Send private message
3 years ago
Sep 20, 2021, 10:24:42 AM

Thanks, interesting !

And, it continues to be interesting...

You can set a ninth and tenth players version of a map by manually adding the flags (and set the number of Empire is in Descriptor)

0Send private message
3 years ago
Sep 20, 2021, 11:20:15 AM
Gedemon wrote:

You can set a ninth and tenth players version of a map by manually adding the flags (and set the number of Empire is in Descriptor)

Yeah I figured it out last night too and just posted a thread about that.
Anyway that's really good news and I can't wait to play on Giant Earth map with 10 players :)

Updated 3 years ago.
0Send private message
3 years ago
Sep 20, 2021, 11:55:52 AM
Benualdo wrote:
Gedemon wrote:

Yeah I figured it out last night too and just posted a thread about that.
Anyway that's really good news and I can't wait to play on Giant Earth map with 10 players :)

great, I mean, we don't even have time to write suggestions that they are already implemented !

I'll use your tool next time, had to check back coordinates in my civ6 files this time...

0Send private message
0Send private message
3 years ago
Sep 21, 2021, 7:08:03 PM

How do you change slots on multiplayer? Or is this only for a formal multiplayer with actual other players? I'm trying to do it solo.

0Send private message
3 years ago
Sep 21, 2021, 7:17:52 PM
ManWithTheMask wrote:

How do you change slots on multiplayer? Or is this only for a formal multiplayer with actual other players? I'm trying to do it solo.

you click the "join" button on the slot you want, and set the game to be private so that there are only IA in the other slots.

0Send private message
0Send private message
2 years ago
Feb 10, 2022, 11:17:41 PM
First nice Map and works fine!
I would like to use the size of the map to make my own map. But the Problem is there are 22 Spawnpoints. Any way to delete them? Cause i cant see them.
0Send private message
2 years ago
Feb 11, 2022, 8:43:21 AM
Niz wrote:
First nice Map and works fine!
I would like to use the size of the map to make my own map. But the Problem is there are 22 Spawnpoints. Any way to delete them? Cause i cant see them.

I'm not using the in game editor to set the spawn points since I've set 10 directly in the .hms file (the .hmpa is a zip, but you should also be able to do it in the bhkmap tool)

If you're just looking for making a map at that size, see the thread on CFC here: [Map] Giant (194x80) and Ludicrous (200x100) blank map templates

0Send private message
?

Click here to login

Comment
0Send private message