logo amplifiers simplified
Humankind
Universe banner wording

Sample Palette.png? For importing maps?

Copied to clipboard!
3 years ago
Sep 23, 2021, 1:11:18 PM

Hi All,

Hope this finds everyone doing well.  I have been looking at the map editor and really enjoy the import function, but can't seem to change my palette selection to designate seas vs. land formations.  According to the tutorials, there is supposed to be a "Sample Palette" .png file that I can use, yet I cannot locate it and it does not seem to exist on the internet.  Can anyone help me/guide me to where it is?  Thank you and best wishes!

0Send private message
3 years ago
Sep 23, 2021, 1:24:24 PM
Marquisa1863 wrote:

Hi All,

Hope this finds everyone doing well.  I have been looking at the map editor and really enjoy the import function, but can't seem to change my palette selection to designate seas vs. land formations.  According to the tutorials, there is supposed to be a "Sample Palette" .png file that I can use, yet I cannot locate it and it does not seem to exist on the internet.  Can anyone help me/guide me to where it is?  Thank you and best wishes!

Hi ! 

Your best move would be to right-click on the palette image on Humankind map making tutorial's page, to save it as an image on your hard drive, so you can use it afterwards.

Hope this will help.

Cheers !

0Send private message
3 years ago
Sep 23, 2021, 11:28:34 PM

Spending lots of time fiddling with the import tool, I can suggest not using a palette with 16-levels from the guide, but use one with around 7 levels, as in the guide example. This is one such palette I played around with for my North Africa map ->

(If you think about it, you probably don't want a map with 12 levels of land!)

Updated 3 years ago.
0Send private message
0Send private message0Send private message
?

Click here to login

Comment
0Send private message