Logo Platform
logo amplifiers simplified
Humankind
Universe banner wording

[PC/Steam] Oil did not spawn on map [URGENT GAME BREAKING BUG!]

Copied to clipboard!
3 years ago
Aug 19, 2021, 3:40:30 AM

I just did a playthrough of the game Humankind and I was able to discover the whole map, and was well into the modern era, (Past Combustion tech) and no oil spawned on the map. I asked around the twitch and steam community and it seems a lot of people are having the same issue. I played all the way through the game to turn 602. I also had every Hex scouted. 0 Oil. :(

This is game-breaking in the late era's as you can't build things like aircraft, ships, and tanks without oil.
Difficulty - 
Metropolis
Peaceful Mode - No

Pace- 
Game Speed - Endless
End Conditions - Last Human Standing 

World Settings - 
Size - Huge
Shape - Custom

Continent Shape - Chaotic

Climate - Hot & Wet
Land Percentage - 30%
Number of Continents - 8

New World - Yes

Islands Odds - Many

World wrap - On
Hemispheres - Both
World Gen Seed - Random
Continent Spread - Chaotic

Continent Form - Chaotic

Lake Odds - Average
Lake Size - Average
Rivers - Many
Ridges and Cliffs - Average
Elevation - Standard

Updated 3 years ago.
0Send private message
3 years ago
Aug 19, 2021, 6:33:17 AM

Happened to me as well! Exhaustively scouted the entire new world hoping to get lucky but nope, just more coal

0Send private message
3 years ago
Aug 19, 2021, 3:16:28 PM
senka9414 wrote:

Happened to me as well! Exhaustively scouted the entire new world hoping to get lucky but nope, just more coal

i had quite a bit of coal on my map as well. 

0Send private message
0Send private message0Send private message
3 years ago
Aug 20, 2021, 3:04:18 AM
Mausklickmoerder wrote:

Generally,  there seems to not be enough oil around to reliably fulfill the requirements for some units.

Some people said that they were only getting 2 spawns of it on a whole map. which for the MBT you need 3 

0Send private message
0Send private message0Send private message
3 years ago
Aug 21, 2021, 2:54:04 AM

Please upvote! This is major issue. I just did another play through and I only had 1 oil on the map this time. I also only had 1 uranium. 

0Send private message
3 years ago
Aug 21, 2021, 4:11:14 AM

I WANT A REFUND!!!!!

I've played 3 games now (1 small, 2 large) and each time get to whatever era reveals oil only to fine 1 or none!!!

How was this not found during your alpha or beta tests! Were you only playing on the Lucy or Victor map? Did you not test your map generation system before a full release? This is a bug that should have not been allowed to be in a AAA/$80 game!

0Send private message
3 years ago
Aug 21, 2021, 6:15:42 AM

Yeah this needs a fix, now. Settings: Huge map, Slow pace, 2 Continents, New World, Hemispheres Northern, World Wrap On, Standard climate (I dont think the rest matters... just showing I have different settings than the OP) 2 oil total. Can't build some units. I understand the Devs want trade/fighting over resources to be important.... but they are just too spars as things stand. There should be a MINIMUM of 10 oil spawning in a huge map game, Assuming people are hostile to each other this would still mean a maximum of 3/10 players could built modern tanks. Beyond oil, Aluminum is too rare, and really ALL the resources need a few more sprinkled on the map. 

But seriously... please forget the dumb bugs people are reporting that can be fixed by reloading a save... that isn't an urgent bug... I can just reload the save. Fix it, yes, but no oil is URGENT. This needs like an immediate patch, please fix this ASAP, fix everything else in a later patch. 

Also, I gotta echo what another guy said, what were you doing in the months the game was delayed? Please spend less time forcing woke ideals into the game and more time testing late game to see if oil spawns... like video glitches are acceptable bugs, crashes are acceptable because there are a million different hardware configurations, no oil spawning or too little oil/aluminum is unacceptable and should have been found by very limited testing. A lot of people are reporting this bug. 

0Send private message
3 years ago
Aug 21, 2021, 8:20:31 AM

bumping this till we get any sort of acknoledgement from the dev team... i am starting to get frustrated as well. My 3rd play through now and i actually had 2 oils.... sadly that's an improvement for me. 
however, 1... uranium.....................

0Send private message
3 years ago
Aug 21, 2021, 8:37:18 AM
Cruor34 wrote:

Yeah this needs a fix, now. Settings: Huge map, Slow pace, 2 Continents, New World, Hemispheres Northern, World Wrap On, Standard climate (I dont think the rest matters... just showing I have different settings than the OP) 2 oil total. Can't build some units. I understand the Devs want trade/fighting over resources to be important.... but they are just too spars as things stand. There should be a MINIMUM of 10 oil spawning in a huge map game, Assuming people are hostile to each other this would still mean a maximum of 3/10 players could built modern tanks. Beyond oil, Aluminum is too rare, and really ALL the resources need a few more sprinkled on the map. 

But seriously... please forget the dumb bugs people are reporting that can be fixed by reloading a save... that isn't an urgent bug... I can just reload the save. Fix it, yes, but no oil is URGENT. This needs like an immediate patch, please fix this ASAP, fix everything else in a later patch. 

Also, I gotta echo what another guy said, what were you doing in the months the game was delayed? Please spend less time forcing woke ideals into the game and more time testing late game to see if oil spawns... like video glitches are acceptable bugs, crashes are acceptable because there are a million different hardware configurations, no oil spawning or too little oil/aluminum is unacceptable and should have been found by very limited testing. A lot of people are reporting this bug. 

I couldn't disagree more with you. Oil not spawning maybe isn't event broken. I think devs wanted ressources to be sometimes very scarce so players will need to fight or trade to be competitive. I like this idea very much. Now, compare this to bugs where the game keep turn frozen and you have to reload, or even worst, like making your save impossible to load...

0Send private message
3 years ago
Aug 21, 2021, 9:25:20 AM

Had this happen on my first game. No oil. This can make sense, no law that states that there must be oil on a planet, but then you need an alternative that can be used. In the real world we have bio-fuel, so the easy solution is to put in tech that can be researched with a corresponding district. Make it a more costly alternative to sucking it out of the ground.

Bio-fuel factory suggestion

1. +1 fuel
  2. -50 food(at least as it is very resource intensive to produce)
  3. Maybe adjacency bonus from farmer, or requierment? Require minimum of 3 farmers for production?

Also this vvvvvvv. Tell me you're a manchild without saying your a manchild.

Cruor34 wrote:

Please spend less time forcing woke ideals into the game...

0Send private message
3 years ago
Aug 21, 2021, 10:05:53 AM
Loustak wrote:
Cruor34 wrote:

I couldn't disagree more with you. Oil not spawning maybe isn't event broken. I think devs wanted ressources to be sometimes very scarce so players will need to fight or trade to be competitive. I like this idea very much. Now, compare this to bugs where the game keep turn frozen and you have to reload, or even worst, like making your save impossible to load...

Trade and conflict doesn't change that if you have no access to resources, neither does the AI. There's no way the devs intentionally hardlock 50% of the Contemporary Era tech behind RNG. Even if they did it on purpose they wouldn't admit that once they realized how stupid that decision was. Resource scarcity is fine as long as the minimum requirements are guranteed.

0Send private message
3 years ago
Aug 21, 2021, 10:58:07 AM

If this helps, in my game, this seemed to be related to uranium. On my map, Uranium, which I believe is usually mined IRL, appeared frequently in the water (and the visual did not look like something that should be in an ocean.

Perhaps oil spawn points are being taken by uranium, creating a lack of oil spawns?

0Send private message
3 years ago
Aug 21, 2021, 11:10:42 AM

Same here. Huge map with all settings to random, but not a single drop of oil. Having battle lasers but fighting with horses is not that cool. 

0Send private message
0Send private message
3 years ago
Aug 21, 2021, 3:50:36 PM

Huge map doesn't look like has any issues with resource spawns (had 6 oils on my last playthrough). Also during my last game the RNGoddess blessed me with Horses, Copper and Iron within first 4 regions of the spawn - so I had it going. About Uranium spawning coastal and possible bug related to oil, I think it might not be the case, had both of them right beside in one region and graphics, however similar to the extend, are different.

Updated 3 years ago.
0Send private message
0Send private message
?

Click here to login

Comment
0Send private message