Logo Platform
logo amplifiers simplified
Humankind
Universe banner wording

[PC/Steam, 1.0.1.59 ] AI Unable to Resolve Siege vs. Independent People

Copied to clipboard!
3 years ago
Aug 24, 2021, 3:08:48 AM
  • Description: AI is stuck in an infinite siege.
  • Attachments: Last 2 completed saved games (different worlds), with a number of units stuck in sieges that are far older than the current era.
  • Steps to Reproduce: Happens when an AI empire besieges an Independent People city.
  • Expected Behavior: The siege should eventually resolve, and the IP either conquered or staving off invasion.

Attached saves: Game 2.ctr Game 3.ctr

Hi all, I've encountered a bug in both of these worlds where the AI besiege a settlement and never resolve it. It seems to only happen versus any Independent People, and multiple armies in the battle zone get trapped for the rest of the game. It's mostly annoying from an immersion standpoint, but it does lock off an entire territory from the map when it happens.

Thanks for all of your hard work with the game! Enjoying it immensely so far.
Updated 3 years ago.
0Send private message
3 years ago
Aug 24, 2021, 7:58:40 AM

I have also encountered this too with two AI being locked in sieges they can definitely win but never initiate it even after over 100-200 turns. Not sure exactly when it becomes an issue but seems to be when i age up to Medieval i start seeing it happen. It can progress lock AI too it seems. I met an AI player who was still in classical era when i was in Industrial era. they only had 3 cities and their entire army was locked in siege with an independent with their forces 600+ strong verses 200+ independents. 

And of course i cannot attack the units involved in the siege so even after wiping out their entire existence save their units in siege battle they don't get defeated. So cannot finish last man standing games.

0Send private message
3 years ago
Aug 24, 2021, 8:06:07 AM

Same issue happens when AI sieging independend nation is destroyed. They wont launch assult ever, nor Independend, despite thme having huge advantage.

0Send private message
3 years ago
Aug 24, 2021, 10:44:58 AM

Hello!

I'm sorry but I can't reproduce the bug when loading your saves. The next time you're facing this issue again could you please give us:

- The save. 

- Your diagnostics logs. These are time stamped, and any time you close and relaunch the game, new ones are started. Please grab all diagnostics logs related to the session you were playing where the issue occurred. These are by default located:

o PC: \Users\[username]\Documents\Humankind\Temporary Files

o Mac: This is hidden in the Libraries folder. You will need to do an internet search to find specific steps for your OS. Once the libraries folder is revealed, they are in user/library/ application support/humankind/Temporary Files

Thank you for taking the time to send us this report.

0Send private message
3 years ago
Aug 24, 2021, 4:31:46 PM

I'm not surprised since these are finished games...and I often don't notice until a long time later so I'm not sure how to properly reproduce this. It just seems to happen. Thanks and if I get another example of a game in progress I will attach.

0Send private message
0Send private message
?

Click here to login

Comment
0Send private message