Logo Platform
logo amplifiers simplified
Humankind
Universe banner wording

[KI][PC/STEAM, V1.0.01.0059-S10] Maya Noble Javelineers range description inconsistency

Copied to clipboard!
3 years ago
Aug 28, 2021, 10:21:31 AM

For Maya special unit Noble Javelineers, the description for range is 3 everywhere (culture, tech tree, city construction) :

But once in combat, it says range 2, and it is indeed 2 when you try to attack.

Updated 2 years ago.
0Send private message
2 years ago
Nov 1, 2021, 8:50:50 AM

I have a very similar bug affecting the javelin throwers of the Olmecs (Ancient Era).

Version: PC/Steam, v1.0.03

Description:

In the tech tree the 'Javelin Thrower' unit of the Olmecs (Ancient Era) is displayed as follows:

Here it is stated that the unit has three range.

After producing the unit it turns out that the unit actually has two range.

Steps to reproduce:
  1. Start a new game
  2. Reach the ancient era and select the Olmecs
  3. Research the 'carpentry' technology
  4. Produce the javelin thrower unit

Expected Behavior:
To me it's unclear which range the unit should actually have.
Either display 2 range for the unit in the tech tree or change the unit's range from 2 to 3, depending on the desired range for the unit.

Saves:
Updated 2 years ago.
0Send private message
2 years ago
Nov 28, 2021, 6:56:13 AM

I have the same issue. In my case I was plating Egyptian, using Markabata, chose Maya and found totally dissapointed when “upgrading” to the Noble Javalineers. Just 2 CS difference , loosing mobility AND Reduced range to 2 is the worst way to throw units and resources to trash. 

0Send private message
2 years ago
Nov 29, 2021, 1:42:46 AM

Before the patch these 2 units were advertised correctly as range 2.

Warrior maintenance is listed as 1. Actual is 2. And patch notes I think said 0.

0Send private message
2 years ago
Nov 30, 2021, 9:26:18 AM
Enaxx wrote:

For Maya special unit Noble Javelineers, the description for range is 3 everywhere (culture, tech tree, city construction) :

But once in combat, it says range 2, and it is indeed 2 when you try to attack.

Minhs-Gurke wrote:

I have a very similar bug affecting the javelin throwers of the Olmecs (Ancient Era).

Version: PC/Steam, v1.0.03

Description:

In the tech tree the 'Javelin Thrower' unit of the Olmecs (Ancient Era) is displayed as follows:

Here it is stated that the unit has three range.

After producing the unit it turns out that the unit actually has two range.

Steps to reproduce:
  1. Start a new game
  2. Reach the ancient era and select the Olmecs
  3. Research the 'carpentry' technology
  4. Produce the javelin thrower unit

Expected Behavior:
To me it's unclear which range the unit should actually have.
Either display 2 range for the unit in the tech tree or change the unit's range from 2 to 3, depending on the desired range for the unit.

Saves:

Hello,

The reason for the javelin thrower's range being shown incorrectly is because of the way it is coded in the the game. All ranged units have a base range of 3 and javelin throwers use the same base model, however at some point the devs decided that they should have a reduced range (which makes sense). However instead if making a new base model, they just applied a -1 Range penalty on those units, but this bonus is only applied after the unit is build and not before. It is similar to CS, if you are getting +1 from Hittites Lust for War this bonus will not apply on the UI before building, but only after.

Hope this helps and have a great day!

0Send private message
0Send private message
?

Click here to login

Comment
0Send private message