logo amplifiers simplified
Humankind
Universe banner wording

[KI][PC/Steam v. 1.0.03.0253] Endless turn

Copied to clipboard!
3 years ago
Sep 17, 2021, 7:35:46 PM
Hello,
  • Description: I ended turn 450, the turn button goes into "waiting turn" and it's never ending. The game doesn't pass at turn 451.
  • Attachments: Last 2 saves, screenshot.
  • Steps to Reproduce: End turn and reload to another earlier turn.
  • Expected Behavior: Game advances to the next turn.
I've tried to check my file on Steam, all files are ok. I've also tried to do different things in the turns preceding, but I always get the same result.

auto-save 2113.ctrauto-save 2109.ctr

Updated 3 years ago.
0Send private message
0Send private message0Send private message
3 years ago
Sep 23, 2021, 8:38:38 AM
Any upgrade of this bug ? it's totally ruin my game and the all game. I hesitate to launch a new party now afraid of to see this bug again.
0Send private message
0Send private message0Send private message
3 years ago
Sep 24, 2021, 1:30:05 PM

Hello, I also have the same problem on the latest patch. The previous versions worked fine and I have completed a few games. In the current version, the second game ends up loading endless turns.

I found an error marked as "Critical" in my diagnostic files:

Object reference not set to an instance of an object
Exception caught in sandbox state 'SandboxState_TurnBegin'.

On the previous version of the game, I did not see a critical error in the diagnostic logs.

Player.log

DxDiag.txt

Diagnostics (2021'09'22 @2037'17''607''').html

Diagnostics (2021'09'24 @1126'50''816''').html

auto-save 3734.ctr

auto-save 3735.ctr

Rixi Gam3 - IMPERIUM.ctr

Updated 3 years ago.
0Send private message
3 years ago
Sep 24, 2021, 2:40:39 PM

Same issue for me. It seems multiple people have posted about this. Would be great if it could at least be acknowledged by Devs, as it renders the game completely unplayable.

0Send private message
3 years ago
Sep 24, 2021, 3:07:30 PM

The turn not finishing is actually more of a symptoms to a lot of little bug, but don't worry we are working on them

0Send private message
3 years ago
Sep 26, 2021, 4:51:43 PM

I have same the problem... The Problem first appeared on Turn 446 (Modern Era). After that, i tried manually saving and then loading this Savegame but it didn't helped.

Then I loaded a bit older Savegame (Turn 436), which then also had the error, although the Savegame was okay before the Bug appears.
I had to go back almost 50 Turns, before I found a usable Savegame. Only to find out that the error pops up again later (Turn 521).

I almost have the Impression that it is due to the Amount of Information (Number of Cities, Number of Units, Mapsize, Buildings done at the Turn, AI Movement at the Turn, etc.).

Otherwise the game runs flawlessly in 4k and the highest Graphics Settings (i7 9700k, RTX3060 12GB, 16 GB DDR4 RAM, WIN 10 Pro).

I'm really annoyed, yet. I had really much Fun with the Game, but it is unplayable at the Moment.

0Send private message
3 years ago
Sep 26, 2021, 6:22:53 PM

There is a way to continuously load your turn, here it is:

When loading the next turn (it does not finish loading), you need to save the game (when loading), then load it.

The game will move on.
A proven method and it works.

0Send private message
3 years ago
Sep 27, 2021, 10:28:02 AM
Rixi wrote:

A proven method and it works.

It works, but for me, turn count not changing. And then you must save and loading every turn, over and over again.

0Send private message
3 years ago
Sep 27, 2021, 4:53:39 PM

same here. very very annoying. playing lot of hours and then it ends like this. i wonder they could not see it while testing it. 

but well, its the money as always: sold before the production is completed.

Updated 3 years ago.
0Send private message
3 years ago
Sep 27, 2021, 5:17:32 PM

Please note 'turn pending' is not a single bug. but several different bugs that have the same symptom. Its important to upload relevant logs/saves for the devs to troubleshoot your particular issue.

Please ensure you upload

*dxdiag

* player.log

* diagnostics.html

* impacted save game

Otherwise the developers cannot see what is causing your issue

0Send private message
3 years ago
Sep 28, 2021, 9:23:01 AM

When could we expect a fix for this bug ? It begin to be long since than we have report the first endless turn. Could you communicate on this or my party is definitely dead ?

0Send private message
3 years ago
Sep 28, 2021, 4:15:31 PM
nitneuq94 wrote:

When could we expect a fix for this bug ? It begin to be long since than we have report the first endless turn. Could you communicate on this or my party is definitely dead ?

As noted above 'turn pending' is not a single bug. but several different bugs that have the same symptom. Its important to upload relevant logs/saves for the devs to troubleshoot your particular issue.

Please ensure you upload

*dxdiag

* player.log

* diagnostics.html

* impacted save game

Otherwise the developers cannot see what is causing your issue

0Send private message
3 years ago
Sep 28, 2021, 9:09:16 PM

I always love the automatic answers, it's always a pleasure to see how this guys don't care about you and your particular question.

I'm not reported a bug, i already has to in this topic that i created.

And you're not answer to me, that's great, really great.

0Send private message
3 years ago
Sep 29, 2021, 11:50:40 AM

I'm sorry that your issue has not been addressed yet. With complex problems like these, we need time to examine and reproduce the issue, and then once it is fixed, we also need to test this fix before releasing it.

As Drunkenchoco said, the turn not ending is just the visible symptom of a various potential underlying problems, and we are working on the various bugs that can cause this, but I cannot give you any estimate on when they (or the one affecting you in particular) will be fixed. Nor can I guarantee that the fix will retroactively affect old savegames, or that the patch with the fix will be backwards compatible with old saves. 

As much as we'd like to give individualized answers to each bug report, especially for severe issues like that, we have to prioritize our time, and the proper filing and examination of the reports generally takes precedence. I know this may seem like we don't care about any particular report, but we do keep a close eyes on the bug report forum, even if we don't have time to reply.

Also, please do not simply dismiss the responses of our VIPs as "Automatic." They may be using a template answer because they are trying to respond to as many threads as possible, but they are still volunteering their personal time to try help all players, including the ones who spoke up in somebody else's thread, have the best chance that their problem will be fixed.

0Send private message
3 years ago
Sep 29, 2021, 7:56:06 PM
Thanks for your reply, this is the answer that i wanted, with enough precision to my bug and the fix. I just have to cross my fingers to retrieve my save after the patch.
0Send private message
3 years ago
Oct 8, 2021, 10:08:39 AM

Great news! Somebody suggested in the forum a turn-around which works well for me : when you experience the endless turn, just hit F5 (quick Save) then F9 (quick Restore), and it's magic, the game resumes from there and I was able to finish it !

However, I noticed another small problem. To retrieve easily the locked games, I changed their names in the Save File directories, but unfortunately it looks like that they don't display with their modified names when I want to restore them.

Additionally, there was a very useful feature in CIV 6 that I would like to get in HK : this the Hall of Fame. It allows to list the history of the games you played and see how you are progressing games after games. I hope it will come in HK. CIV 6 provides also access to the sqlite file of this hall of fame, which is even greater feature!

I played a lot with CIV 6 and I intend to play as much with HK, I love both of them. 

0Send private message
?

Click here to login

Comment
0Send private message