Logo Platform
logo amplifiers simplified
Humankind
Universe banner wording

Unable to end turn - Won war, no resolution on the screen, stuck with no end turn

Copied to clipboard!
3 years ago
Oct 16, 2021, 10:04:33 PM

This bug literally makes the game unplayable for me. This is the 2nd playthrough that I have to scrap entirely because of this bug. Reloading an autosave doesn't really fix it, you have to go WAAAY back and you have to accept a crappy surrender offer from the AI as you literally are not allowed to win the war on your terms else this happens.

How it works is:

1) You're winning a war in the late-game

2) The AI gives you an offer of surrender

3) You decline/ignore that offer because it's crap

4) You end your turn and win the war

5) You get a blank resolution screen, you cannot end your turn, you're stuck. Game over. Nothing you can do.

Reloading it does not fix it, you have to go back to before the AI offered you the initial deal and even then if they offer another one, the same bug will happen inevitably.

This is absolutely mindbogglingly annoying, the era with the most unit diversity and new weapons, is the one where this constantly happens, I never have this before the last 2 eras. Medieval wars somehow just don't have this crap and I don't know why, but I would like to actually be able finish my games. I mean I know I am at the top and it doesn't technically matter, but I would still like to grind the AI into a pulp if at all possible, it's not too much to ask for.

Updated 3 years ago.
0Send private message
3 years ago
Oct 18, 2021, 8:39:39 AM

Hello @StorytellerDave!

Thank you for the report! Do you happen to still have a save with this issue? We have a similar one in our bug database, and it would help let me check if this is the same or something different.

Your saves are by default located:

• PC: \Users\[username]\Documents\Humankind\Save Files
  • Mac: This is hidden in the Libraries folder. You will need to do an internet search to find specific steps for your OS. Once the libraries folder is revealed, they are in /library/ application support/humankind/Save Files
Updated 3 years ago.
0Send private message
3 years ago
Oct 19, 2021, 5:09:02 PM
Saikana wrote:

Hello @StorytellerDave!

Thank you for the report! Do you happen to still have a save with this issue? We have a similar one in our bug database, and it would help let me check if this is the same or something different.

Your saves are by default located:

• PC: \Users\[username]\Documents\Humankind\Save Files
  • Mac: This is hidden in the Libraries folder. You will need to do an internet search to find specific steps for your OS. Once the libraries folder is revealed, they are in /library/ application support/humankind/Save Files

Unfortunately I haven't kept the saves because - well why would I save the game when it's bugged and unplayable?

That said I was able to recreate the issue from a different save, however it's slightly different now?

In this save what it does now is if you click Orange, you get to the peace out screen. However if you close the screen and then reopen it again, it will appear blank, same as the screenshot above or the one here. However here it's not permanent as in you can back out and reopen it once again and it will appear, and if you reopen it again it will be blank, and if you reopen it again it will be okay again and so on, every 2nd time is bugged. Seems to happen upon reload too (  Egyptians Turn 249.ctr attached save file)

Updated 3 years ago.
0Send private message
3 years ago
Oct 19, 2021, 11:28:32 PM

Holy moly, things got even weirder.

New save here:Soviets Turn 251.ctr

This thing is weird, so I encountered the same bug again. I test it, I open the screen, it's blank. I close it, open it again, still blank. Close it, open it again still blank. Gone through it like 5 times blank every time. I hit escape, make a manual save, I don't load yet, just made a save, open the screen an it's all there. Not blank this time. Close it, open it again and it's blank. Close it, open it again and it's still blank. Close it, open it again and now it's there again. I do this a couple of times and it just varies between blank and not blank and hitting escape to go to the menu seem to reset it for some reason? I am not sure why but this is like one of the weirdest things I ever saw in a game, it's like when I wrote code in freakin Pascal in High school and tried to figure out why it wasn't working the way I wanted it to.

0Send private message
0Send private message
2 years ago
Oct 23, 2021, 1:04:29 PM

I've encountered this bug too. You can work around it simply by hitting escape and trying again. Eventually it will come up, although it might take a few tries.

0Send private message
2 years ago
Oct 23, 2021, 8:52:38 PM

Aso you may try F5 (quick Save) then F9 (quick Restore), it worked for me, the game resumes from there.

0Send private message
?

Click here to login

Comment
0Send private message