logo amplifiers simplified
Humankind
Universe banner wording

[Steam] Game launches minimized, no way to maximize

Copied to clipboard!
3 years ago
Oct 17, 2021, 6:23:06 PM
  • Title: [PC/Steam] Game launches minimized, no way to maximize
  • Description: When starting the game, a transparent bar with a (from right to left) Humankind hand (black), white vertical bar, difficult to see X, greyed out maximize sign (screen symbol), difficult to see minimize sign (underscore) opens. The game music can be heard running, , but no interaction is possible outside of closing the game via the X symbol. This started occuring on Friday 15th October, before we were able to play humankind on this PC.

• Attachments: please let me know if there is anything I can upload which helps
  • Steps to Reproduce: start game from steam
  • unsuccessful trouble shooting steps executed:
  • - verified that Steam and Humankind are executed as admin
  • - reinstalled GPU drivers
  • - deactivated firewall and antivirus
  • - used steam to verify game data
  • - reinstalled Humankind
  • - forced vulkan 
  • - logged in with a different steam account (this happens on my wife's PC, so I tried it with my account on her PC and I encounter the same issue, while the game runs fine on my PC)
  • - started different steam games successfully (WH TW2, Don't starve together)
  • Expected Behavior: Main Menu screen of the game opens
This error is difficult to describe and I could not find any other mentionings on google so far, it would be greatly appreciated if you can help me solve this or point me to an available solution my search-fu is to weak for.
Updated 3 years ago.
0Send private message
3 years ago
Oct 18, 2021, 8:55:49 AM

Hello @KaiserV!

Thank you for the report! I have a troubleshooting option I'd like to suggest trying before asking for any files. Could you try going to \Users\[username]\Documents\ and locate the Humankind folder, rename it to something like Humankind2, then launch the game? I'm wondering if a resolution setting or something else got changed and is causing a weird issue. Renaming the folder and launching the game should generate a new Humankind folder and clear out any settings the game was following before. It'll unfortunately reset the avatar to the default one, and your saves will appear to be missing but if this fixes it, you can move the saves from the save folder in Humankind2 to the new one! The avatar cannot be moved to the new folder however, and it will have to be remade.

If this doesn't fix it, we will need the following:

Your diagnostics logs. These are time stamped, and any time you close and relaunch the game, new ones are started. Please grab all diagnostics logs related to the session you were playing where the issue occurred. These are by default located:

• PC: \Users\[username]\Documents\Humankind\Temporary Files

An output log. These can be found here:

• PC: This folder is hidden by default. You will need to reveal hidden folders (https://support.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/show-hidden-files-0320fe58-0117-fd59-6851-9b7f9840fdb2 ) then navigate to: Users\[username]\AppData\LocalLow\AMPLITUDE Studios\Humankind

Information about the system you are playing on. To get this information:

• PC: From the Windows desktop, press the Windows and R keys to open the Run window. In the Open: field of the Run window, type dxdiag. Click OK or the Enter key to open the DirectX* Diagnostic Tool.
Updated 3 years ago.
0Send private message
0Send private message
3 years ago
Oct 22, 2021, 9:04:35 AM

Thank you again for your quick help Saikana, ultimately it seems to have been an issue with the graphics driver and a clean reinstall helped 

Great Job!

0Send private message
?

Click here to login

Comment
0Send private message