Logo Platform
logo amplifiers simplified
Humankind
Universe banner wording

[INV][PC/Steam 1.0.05.0549-S10] Unable to progress Event Chapter 2 - Civil evolution

Copied to clipboard!
2 years ago
Nov 17, 2021, 7:15:58 PM

Since this morning I am not able to complete more than 45/50 for the Civil evolution challenge. This started after I ran into an issue where quickly repeating enacting and cancelling a civic caused an underflow issue, and started generating negative influence.

To reproduce the underflow, Load the game WHATDIDIDO and look at the civic screen. A friend has also reproduced this by repeatedly reloading a save, repeating the cancel and enact a few times. Then re-loading the save again.

Attached are two screenshots highlighting the problem, as well as two different save chains that I've been using to try to complete this. The game with the Franks is also showing the bug with civics that I have run into.

Civil Evolution not progressing - Bundle not redeemed.png

Event showing reward redeemed but not complete.png

auto-save 1248.ctr

auto-save 1247.ctr

Olmecs Turn 9-2.ctr

Olmecs Turn 9.ctr

VoxDiaDeLosMuerta1.ctr

WHATDIDIDO.ctr

Player.log

Temporary Files.zip

Updated 2 years ago.
0Send private message
2 years ago
Nov 17, 2021, 7:29:21 PM

I'm the friend running into the same issue, same game version (PC/STEAM v1.0.05.0549-S10) In the save game in the included ZIP, I was cancelling and then re-enacting 'Professional Soldiers' over and over until running out of influence, then re-loading the save after confirming that the event was progressing in my 'Events' section of the main menus. I was at 40/50 for Civil Evolution when I loaded the game again, was able to cancel and enact 'Professional Soldiers' again as normal for 510 Influence. After cancelling again, the cost to Enact the civic again suddenly dropped. At that point I exited the game and confirmed that my even progression was stuck at 41/50. I also attempted reloading the game a couple more times and confirmed the issue was persisting, and progression for the event is still sticking at 41/50. 

Game file and diagnostics attached.

Civics Overflow bug.zip

0Send private message
0Send private message0Send private message
2 years ago
Nov 18, 2021, 8:00:48 AM

The same problem for me (PC/STEAM v1.0.05.0549-S10) .
I have 48/50 for the Civil evolution challenge. I have started more than 5 new games but the 48/50 Civil evolution still stay.
While starting new games the problem can not be in a specific game. It maybe appears with the new update version (PC/STEAM v1.0.05.0549-S10)

0Send private message
0Send private message
2 years ago
Nov 18, 2021, 4:23:25 PM

After updating last night I also can't progress past 40/50 Civics enacted. The first game I started after the update I got to turn 200 and not a single Civic was available. Since then I played 2 more games to competition and still no progress. Currently on patch [1.0.5.549] with no mods installed. 

0Send private message
0Send private message
2 years ago
Nov 18, 2021, 4:59:25 PM

I'm Stuck at 27.

I didnt do the re-enact thing though so it is probably caused by the stacking cost reduction

0Send private message
2 years ago
Nov 18, 2021, 7:37:39 PM

As another commenter said, I had a few games where no civics appeared (after completing the other two event challenges) and while my civic count had steadily gone up previously it is now stuck at 47/50. I had issues in the 1st chapter with the feasts challenge and until yesterday the necropolis challenge wouldn't complete when I tried sacrificing pop on wonders (both as the maya and aztecs). Finally managed to get through that but it is getting really tiring to have such a buggy event.

0Send private message
0Send private message
2 years ago
Nov 19, 2021, 4:42:56 AM

Same fun I have as others: 24/50. Oh, how I love to wait for patches and critical bug fixes during time-limit events! Such joy - best hobby ever.

0Send private message
0Send private message0Send private message0Send private message0Send private message0Send private message
2 years ago
Nov 21, 2021, 4:09:52 AM

Im stuck at 21/50.
It's also showing that I have "completed" the whole event, and showing the rewards as "claimed" but only chapter 1 is actually showing up (I finished Chapter 1 after the patch).

Edit: The rewards from chapter 2 did unlock for me. For some reason chapter two was marked as "complete" even though the civic challenge was still at 20/50. When I saw I could "claim" the Catrina preset, I did so, thinking that both challenges were complete. However, when I went to equip the Catrina preset it was not showing up.
It wasn't until after I "claimed" the avatar that the civic challenge stopped counting at 21/50.

Updated 2 years ago.
0Send private message
2 years ago
Nov 21, 2021, 6:27:33 AM

Ran into something similar myself, Got the Civil Evolution task to 46 and quit for the day. Next day I noticed it had reset to 36... has not budged since.

Updated 2 years ago.
0Send private message
0Send private message
?

Click here to login

Comment
0Send private message