Logo Platform
logo amplifiers simplified
Humankind
Universe banner wording

[KI]When attacking with armies, I'm on the defending side instead. 1.0.05.0549-S10

Copied to clipboard!
2 years ago
Nov 29, 2021, 8:31:27 PM

On this version, when I click into attacking a unit sometimes I get instantly into the defender mode without time to do anything.

It happens often with sieges, but it is happening in normal battles as well.

It happened many times, but I do not know how to reproduce the effect with 100% certainty. 

Due to the nature of this I'm unable to produce a screenshot.

Updated 2 years ago.
0Send private message
2 years ago
Nov 29, 2021, 8:37:10 PM

Before attacking Kerma.ctr

After more carefully reading into how to report bug, I present a save where it happened to me. When I attacked the City of Kerma (after declaration of war) - it got instantly morphed into "Defend your flag" battle with me as a defender.

0Send private message
2 years ago
Nov 29, 2021, 10:47:16 PM

Yeah, this is the most annoying thing to me. AI just quick enough to perform preemptive attack so I have to remember exact position of Start Battle button to tap it even faster that AI! And spam save-loads.

I think roots of the issue grow from simultaneous turns all players perform but...:

1. I haven't managed to attack an army that is going to attack me due to clumsy path building - and AI somehow does same with ease. Even starts a battle before its army reached destination point
  2. I don't think it's anyhow logical: my army is prepeared for attacking, and enemy army found this out just a moment ago - I must have advantage even if enemy is brave enough to fight back instead of paniking. For sure history knows examples of successful last-minute counterattacks but it's 100% not common thing
Updated 2 years ago.
0Send private message
2 years ago
Nov 30, 2021, 7:54:18 AM
Hello!

We have known issues about AI quick response when starting a siege and being quicker to attack when attacking an army. 
If you encounter the second issue again (the non siege one), could you please please provide a save before moving your army to attack the AI?

Thank you for taking the time to report the issues!
0Send private message
2 years ago
Nov 30, 2021, 10:30:52 AM

I'll keep that in mind.

Tyor wrote:
Hello!

We have known issues about AI quick response when starting a siege and being quicker to attack when attacking an army. 
If you encounter the second issue again (the non siege one), could you please please provide a save before moving your army to attack the AI?

Thank you for taking the time to report the issues!

0Send private message
2 years ago
Nov 30, 2021, 8:42:49 PM

@Tyor are there "okay" and "not okay" delays between my attack and AI's response to differ proper counterattack from the bug?

Delay is noticeable, maybe NAB:

Instant counterattack, looks like the bug:

Player.log

I can look for more if it helps

0Send private message
?

Click here to login

Comment
0Send private message