Logo Platform
logo amplifiers simplified
Humankind
Universe banner wording

[KI][PC/Steam, v1.0.05.0549-S10] Never Ending Pending Turn (SAVE / RELOAD does NOT help)

Copied to clipboard!
2 years ago
Dec 2, 2021, 8:19:43 PM

Description : When I press the "next turn" button, it is impossible to go to the next turn. Never ending "pending turn". I tested all the workarounds known at that time.

Not working workaround : I tested a workaround consisting of saving and then loading the game saves (I test to do it both with cloud and local saves). This solution doesn't work (or almost) : I stay stuck on the same turn when I press the button (even the game actions has advanced by 1 turn).

Problem : to go to the next turn, I have to repeat the workaround procedure. I went from turn n to round n+1, then from round n+1 to n+2 etc. (but the game displays that I am on the turn n (in my case turn 157)). The problem is not solved because I have to save / reload each time. Impossible to do it at the beginning of the game, when I have more than 200 turns to go.

Other variants of the workaround tested (and it STILL does NOT work) :

- Save during pending turn, exit the game, load this save. Does not work.
- Save during pending turn, exit the game, restart the computer, load this save. Does not work.
- Save during pending turn, exit the game, restart the computer, validate game files (with Steam), load this save. Does not work.

Detailed description :

- Map : custom 150 x 88 map (the largest possible)

- Turn : N°157

- Culture : Mayas

- Previous culture : Harappéens (Harappans in English ? )

- Game localisation : I play in French

Here is a screenshot of the problem :

I will also attach the backup file from which to reproduce the bug and the map file I created.

Steps to Reproduce the bug : Try to get to the next round. To do this, use the savegame file and the map file.

[UPDATE] I tried again this morning to get my saves working by restarting the game and the computer. This does not work. I add here some additional files.

Files :

Map file :
Earth 6g.hmap

Save file : 
temp bis.ctr

Saves before pending turn problem :

auto-save 64.ctr (turn 157 - here is pending turn problem)
auto-save 63.ctr (turn 156)
auto-save 62.ctr (turn 155)

Other save files :

bug_pending_turn_local.ctr

bug_pending_turn.ctr

"Users" folder file :
Registry.xml

"mod.io" folder files :

- "cache" folder :

game_profile.data

mod_manager.data

- "user" folder :

user.data

Diagnostic files :

Diagnostics (2021'12'03 @0939'59''078''').html

Diagnostics (2021'12'03 @0933'29''431''').html

Diagnostics (2021'12'03 @0921'27''659''').html

Diagnostics (2021'12'02 @2126'27''334''').html

Updated 2 years ago.
0Send private message
2 years ago
Dec 3, 2021, 10:02:57 AM

I have uploaded additional files in my first post to help you with the diagnosis. I also tested restarting the game before loading the savegame (and also restarting the computer before loading it again). The workaround doesn't work either.

If any information is missing, please let me know !

0Send private message
2 years ago
Dec 3, 2021, 11:46:22 AM

I also tried to go back a few turn and try again. I did this yesterday (I lost this save because it's an autosave): I went back 10 turns and started again by choosing other actions. It didn't change anything, still the same problem when I went from turn 157 to 158.

I just added a few autosaves (turn 155 and 156) before the problem in turn 157. See the saves on my first post.

0Send private message
2 years ago
Dec 3, 2021, 2:17:26 PM

Your issue is marked as known, so expect it to be fixed in next patches.

0Send private message
2 years ago
Dec 3, 2021, 6:04:15 PM
Sublustris wrote:

Your issue is marked as known, so expect it to be fixed in next patches.

The problem is that I think this bug is known since August 2021 and there was already a patch (or two?) since...

0Send private message
2 years ago
Dec 5, 2021, 5:16:55 PM

Just happened to me the first time in 6+ games. (also the first time playing with 9 AI)

I tried reloading one turn earlier but it still gets stuck with Turn Pending at the start of next turn.

Kinda sad, I guess I'll find something else to play until this gets patched.

Autosaves on and before the bug:

auto-save 1695.ctr

auto-save 1696.ctr (turn pending)

Updated 2 years ago.
0Send private message
0Send private message
2 years ago
Dec 13, 2021, 8:02:43 PM

So does it is fixed in the new "Jigonhsasee" patch that is just released today ? I tried to load my old saves but the bug still not fixed... it is strange beacause it is marked as KI = known issue !

0Send private message
2 years ago
Dec 14, 2021, 2:14:44 AM

It worked for me.

I loaded my save, ended turn and the game advanced.

Thank goodness.

0Send private message
2 years ago
Dec 14, 2021, 2:30:57 AM

It also worked for me with your save file.

I loaded auto-save 63.ctr (turn 156) and was able to advance to turn 157 without it getting stuck.

Also your map is very strange with its huge clumps of resources. I would advise leaving the territories with resources as outposts so they don't increase the district construction costs for your cities.

0Send private message
2 years ago
Dec 14, 2021, 1:29:08 PM
Ansive wrote:

It also worked for me with your save file.

I loaded auto-save 63.ctr (turn 156) and was able to advance to turn 157 without it getting stuck.

Also your map is very strange with its huge clumps of resources. I would advise leaving the territories with resources as outposts so they don't increase the district construction costs for your cities.

Thak you for your fast reaction !

But the problem is on turn 157 to 158 not from 156 to 157. Did you try to advance to turn 157 without getting stuck ?

Yes it is a custom map that I will rebuild and "rebalance".

0Send private message
2 years ago
Dec 14, 2021, 2:24:53 PM

I'm sorry, I could swear I reached turn 158, but even reading my own message looks like I only advanced to 157.

I tried again and I'm stuck when ending turn during 157.

0Send private message
2 years ago
Dec 14, 2021, 2:52:54 PM
Ansive wrote:

I'm sorry, I could swear I reached turn 158, but even reading my own message looks like I only advanced to 157.

I tried again and I'm stuck when ending turn during 157.

Thanks for trying ! So it seems that the problem is still not solved despite the recent patch... Did the devs at least take into account my report ? 

This seems to be one of the most essential bugs to fix as soon as possible because it makes everything completely unplayable. And no workaround for this (in my case at least).

It's okay for me to start a new game in Humankind and abandon this one... but is there any guarantee that I won't encounter this bug again? I guess not.

I'll have to play other games while waiting for the devs to fix this bug (and this particular bug).

0Send private message
0Send private message0Send private message
?

Click here to login

Comment
0Send private message