logo amplifiers simplified
Humankind
Universe banner wording

[MAC/STEAM, V1.0.22.3840] MAP FLICKER BUG

Copied to clipboard!
a year ago
May 17, 2023, 1:57:53 PM

Hi,

I'm running Humankind on a Mac Apple Silicon M2 Pro 16GB. Performance wise the game runs quite nicely and I'm really happy that the developers have released an Apple Silicon version of the game. I understand that this is not often the case for other games and really appreciate it.

Just one small issue is reducing the game experience right now on my Mac, which is a flickering effect. See the following example.

This flickering is happening on all graphic quality settings, in window and fullscreen mode. And it happens on all zoom levels inside the game.

Does anybody experience the same issue? Or does anybody even have found a way to solve it? 

That would be great, because I just purchased all DLCs and really want to enjoy this game in its full beauty.

Thanks

Updated a year ago.
0Send private message
0Send private message
a year ago
May 25, 2023, 2:22:30 PM

Hi @deepflyz !

Thanks for the report! Could we get more info on the model of Mac you are playing on? We checked on a few of the M2 Macs we have available and were unable to reproduce this so far, but we may not be checking on the same model you're using.

0Send private message
a year ago
May 28, 2023, 3:10:22 PM
Saikana wrote:

Hi @deepflyz !

Thanks for the report! Could we get more info on the model of Mac you are playing on? We checked on a few of the M2 Macs we have available and were unable to reproduce this so far, but we may not be checking on the same model you're using.

Hi,

I can reproduce this issue since day 1, this occurs in a Macbook M1 Pro 16 Inch (16GB Ram) when playing at the best resolution (4112x2658). Whenever I reduce to 3456x2234, this issue disappears. Because this bug could be "fixed" like this, I never reported it, but I have a worse bug now that I need to report and saw this one listed, so I figured I'd leave this note here.

0Send private message
a year ago
Jun 7, 2023, 12:39:27 PM

Hi @Saikana 

Sorry, I just did see that there is an update here. (Didn't get a notification email)

Sure, I can tell you more details. I have a couple of Macs to test. I tested with the following models:

1. Macbook M2 Air  8GB
  2. Macbook M1 Pro 16GB
  3. Macbook M2 Pro 16 GB RAM/19 GPU
  4. Macbook M2 Max 32 GB RAM/38 GPU

On all these models do I see the same flickering effect. 

BTW, it was great to see the Mac version of Humankind been included in the latest Apple WWDC presentation. Hopefully this will help to make it available to more Mac players.

0Send private message
a year ago
Jun 7, 2023, 1:24:58 PM

Somehow it seems to be related to the selected resolution. As @logsys mentioned, the issue disappears when not playing at the best resolution. But then the text and interface is not as sharp anymore and appears a bit blurry. 

Is there an option to play at best resolution without the flicker to appear?

0Send private message
a year ago
Jun 8, 2023, 8:02:54 AM

@deepflyz I don't know if we have a way at the moment unfortunately, but we have a bug in our database for this issue. Thank you for the updated info!

0Send private message
a year ago
Jun 8, 2023, 9:31:36 AM

Hi @Saikana 

Thanks for the update and good to know that you have this issue on your radar. Would be nice to see that fixed.

Thanks

0Send private message
10 months ago
Jul 19, 2023, 2:03:09 PM

Hi @Saikana I am running this on a newly bought Mac Studio M2 Max and I have the exact same issue. I was facing same issue on my 6 year old iMac as well. 

On my Mac Studio, changing the quality level from fantastic to fastest made no difference and the issue remains. What made a change is if I step down from the highest resolution to the 2nd highest resolution. My highest resolution is 6016 x 3384 which causes this problem and the 2nd highest is 3840 x 2160 which solves the problem.

Hoping this can be looked into as a bug fix.

Updated 9 months ago.
0Send private message
23 days ago
Apr 12, 2024, 2:58:48 PM

Hi @Saikana,

same issue on a Mac Studio M2 Max 32 GB. When changing resolutions it seems to be fixing the problem, even when switching back to the original max resolution. And it seems it's only happening when running HumanKind for the first time.

0Send private message
?

Click here to login

Comment
0Send private message