Logo Platform
logo amplifiers simplified
Humankind
Universe banner wording

Just bought Humankind via the last Steam sale, and the game won't launch.

Copied to clipboard!
3 months ago
Feb 4, 2024, 12:22:56 AM

As soon as I click play, it starts running for a few seconds, then stops.  A quick google search says this has been going on for years?

I'm playing on a new Lenovo Legion with specs that more than match the requirements.  My drivers are updated.  I verified the install files, I've uninstalled and reinstalled, deleted all local files (not that there were many, since I'd never played it), made sure my firewall wasn't blocking it, ran as administrator, and checked the NVIDIA settings on my laptop.  Still nothing.

What else needs to be done before I can play?  I can't believe this has been such an ongoing problem.

0Send private message
3 months ago
Feb 4, 2024, 2:53:41 PM

Very unusual. Since you have a new computer, maybe not everything is set up correctly yet. It is possible that your Documents folder is not yet working properly, as the game data is also stored there. Are you running other games?

0Send private message
3 months ago
Feb 4, 2024, 5:03:32 PM

When I say "New", I just meant that it's new enough for the specs to be up to date.  It's 6 months old, and I've played games like Civ 6, Crusader Kings, Rimworld, and Subnautica with no issues.

0Send private message
3 months ago
Feb 4, 2024, 10:36:25 PM

Have you verified the files?  If so and you still get that error you can try to uninstall and then re-install a new download.  It is possible some files were corrupted or not downloaded.  In lieu of these actions, the Steam discussion indicates some users have found deleting the save files has helped.  You can try posting there, too.  Good luck!

0Send private message
3 months ago
Feb 5, 2024, 4:12:57 AM

My drivers are updated.  I verified the install files, I've uninstalled and reinstalled, deleted all local files (not that there were many, since I'd never played it), made sure my firewall wasn't blocking it, ran as administrator, and checked the NVIDIA settings on my laptop.  Still nothing.

0Send private message
3 months ago
Feb 5, 2024, 1:07:17 PM

Hey,

Sorry to hear you're having trouble. I've seen your post on reddit as well, so I know you already checked for Diagnostics files and found non, but do you have a player.log? It's not in your Documents/Humankind folder, so a bit harder to find.

It'll be at \Users\%USERNAME%\AppData\LocalLow\AMPLITUDE Studios\Humankind

Hopefully, it'll give us some more insight into what is going wrong so we can try to fix it.

0Send private message
?

Click here to login

Comment
0Send private message