Logo Platform
logo amplifiers simplified
Humankind
Universe banner wording

AI willing to take heavy losses in transport ships

Copied to clipboard!
2 years ago
Nov 18, 2021, 11:18:33 AM

Like the title says: the ai is willing to take heavy losses by jumping land for ships. 

In my recent game (latest patch) I've seen both Independent People and another AI player with this behavior. They jump perfectly defensible locations with their fully stacked armies to go after my ships. 

Independent people: 8 armies went for two quadriremes. They killed them both but took 5 or 6 losses. 

AI player (Poles): 8+ armies, some with max veterancy, went after my two carracks and two cogs. I one-shotted at least 6 or 7 of them, all my ships survived, and they retreated to land. 

Nice sub-forum! I wasn't aware of it. 

Updated 2 years ago.
0Send private message
0Send private message
2 years ago
Nov 18, 2021, 3:58:06 PM
Daarkarr0w wrote:

Hi @sapsling,

We would appreciate if you have the save of the game so we can reproduce it :) 

I'm new to this, how does that work? 

0Send private message
2 years ago
Nov 18, 2021, 4:06:26 PM
sapsling wrote:
Daarkarr0w wrote:

Hi @sapsling,

We would appreciate if you have the save of the game so we can reproduce it :) 

I'm new to this, how does that work? 

You can go to the save files folder Documents\Humankind\Save Files and then select the one that you are referring to. 

If you have different files for different situations you can just give us some details, Ex On this first save the AI have done X and in my opinion they should have done Y etc.

0Send private message
2 years ago
Nov 22, 2021, 11:47:43 AM

I'm sorry, I can't find the save anymore (had to delete a lot due to max saves). 

But it's easy to reproduce, as it happens all the time. The AI just loves to jump into the water and get one-shotted by ships. Even if it can stay on land - where it has a perfectly defensible position, it choses to, sometimes one by one, jump into the water and have a full-stacked army lost in one or two turns.  

Kind of similar to sieges, where the AI almost always choses to leave its defensive position behind the wall and rushes kamikaze into your attacking units. 

0Send private message
2 years ago
Nov 30, 2021, 5:30:48 PM

Hello sapsling,

I'd like to clarify your report. What you saw was an army composed of land units moving toward an army composed of naval units to trigger a battle, right? If so, I've tried to reproduce what you mentioned, without success so far. I might be missing something so I've asked our QA team to try as well. If you encounter a similar situation, the save file would be invaluable to us!

Concerning the problem in siege battle, we very recently made progress on this issue. Units should take better advantages from their fortified position, so they suffer less casualties and inflict more damage to attacking troops. These improvements should come your way in a near future.

Thank you for your feedbacks,

Alex.

0Send private message
?

Click here to login

Comment
0Send private message