Logo Platform
logo amplifiers simplified
Humankind
Universe banner wording

IP keep 90% of their units not available to recruit

Copied to clipboard!
a year ago
Dec 12, 2022, 9:13:41 PM

Each IP in my last game had like 4-6 armies with very cool units, but I could recruit only 1 because all other armies were in some security mode that not allows to recruit their armies. I think it shall be in reverse way, like player shall be available to recruit most of armies IP have.

0Send private message
a year ago
Dec 12, 2022, 10:25:25 PM

It could be neat if Peaceful IPs keep 70%+ of their armies in "Defenders" mode, while Aggressive IPs kept 70%+ of their armies in "Attacking/Rentable" mode.  That could help differentiate them in the new style.

0Send private message
a year ago
Dec 13, 2022, 8:04:12 AM
RedSirus wrote:

It could be neat if Peaceful IPs keep 70%+ of their armies in "Defenders" mode, while Aggressive IPs kept 70%+ of their armies in "Attacking/Rentable" mode.  That could help differentiate them in the new style.

As I understand, the difference is that Aggressive will try to attack you, if you haven’t gave them enough money/influence.
But IP that keeps 70% of their units in defender mode seems not cool either, because they are doing it for whole game. I think the idea of defender mode is that IP shall keep 1-2 armies near their city, so nobody could take it by force easily. The situation when you paid influence to hire their troops with discount and you can’t do it at all, because the best their units in this mode for eternity (and all you can hire from them are spearman from 1 era), is really frustrating.

0Send private message
a year ago
Dec 13, 2022, 11:41:58 AM

As far as I can see it in modtools:

Peaceful will have 2x defenders + 1x attacker as base, while a camp will result in one additional defender, while a city will result in one additional attacker.

For violent IP the types switched. In the end both will get 2x defense + 2x attacker if they have a city until era 4, where the violent gets one more attacker and the peaceful one more defender.

Violent IP should stop attacking you if you have any of the treaties beyond the first (2nd, 3rd or 4th group).

0Send private message
a year ago
Dec 13, 2022, 3:30:49 PM
shakee wrote:

As far as I can see it in modtools:

Peaceful will have 2x defenders + 1x attacker as base, while a camp will result in one additional defender, while a city will result in one additional attacker.

For violent IP the types switched. In the end both will get 2x defense + 2x attacker if they have a city until era 4, where the violent gets one more attacker and the peaceful one more defender.

Violent IP should stop attacking you if you have any of the treaties beyond the first (2nd, 3rd or 4th group).

Wow, this tells a lot about their behaviour. In my latest game peaceful IP had 4 defenders with very cool modern upgrade, and 2 attackers, one with bowmen another with spearmen. I think the best way is just to have 2-3 defenders for both IPs to protect city, and amount of attackers shall depend on their hostility, because hired armies play significant role in many games, and sometimes you spent all you have to hire IP units and get 2 ancient era pack instead cool armies defending their cities…

Updated a year ago.
0Send private message
?

Click here to login

Comment
0Send private message