Logo Platform
logo amplifiers simplified
Humankind
Universe banner wording

AI city building

Copied to clipboard!
2 years ago
Aug 15, 2022, 1:16:59 AM

So AI city building has become much better but still not perfect. They tend to make science a priority over everything. I seen cities full of science, market quarters and common quarters with very few makers quarters and farming quarters. When I take over these cities stability is fine as they use common quarters better and I only saw one city where a commons quarters was built in a corner next to only another commons quarters. Though I did notice that they do build market quarters a loooot better now. They focus on building them around harbors and luxuries as they should. Thanks for putting in my suggestion about that. But when it comes to building it takes longer because they don't have enough makers quarters. So the last suggestion I have for city building is have makers quarters be a little higher on the priority and science slightly less. But cities are much much much better and I feel this helps contribute in making nation difficulty harder and I love it.

0Send private message
2 years ago
Aug 16, 2022, 2:50:45 PM

Hello Yutterh,

Thank you for your feedbacks. 

It's hard to tell why that city lacks Food and Industry districts without context. The AI doesn't apply a city plan, it picks districts based on its needs and picks the best spot for them when it starts to build it. So seeing a lot of Science districts in a city means the AI estimated it needed more Science very often in the game. That may be a problem in and of itself and I think poor city planning is one of its symptoms (even though we keep spending time on that part).

I agree with you, Industry is a great development vector and should be prioritized. That's why we make the AI focus Industry (and Money) once its economy is sane (ie. the city produces enough Food to sustain its population and the empire produces enough Science and Influence). The focus may be a bit too discrete though, I'll look into that.

Cheers,

Alex.

0Send private message
2 years ago
Aug 18, 2022, 1:14:20 AM

On which difficulty do you play?

I wanted to take some screenshots before replying to show a different story. From my last game:

My lovely neighbour (Makeda, finished 3rd) who influenced me the whole game:

Another city:

Another player (from the community, finished 4th) with a more commercial approach, but still heavy on industry:

A far sight of their capital:

Or another player (Victor, finished 2nd) again:

The only player who made some visible groups of SQ, Semiramis (finished 9th):

I've more from other players but I think it is enough...

From this game:

1. There is no Farmers Quarter in any city, not one
  2. Some cities are so packed with districts that they have no place for EQ
  3. The AI is dealing way better with stability. I don't know how much of the troubles are war related:

And I'd wish to add, about city building:

1. that building makers quarters is not required to win against the AI.
  2. that it might be more urgent to incentive the AI to attach territories (too many outposts on turn 400)
Updated 2 years ago.
0Send private message
2 years ago
Aug 18, 2022, 2:08:26 AM
Cure_off wrote:

On which difficulty do you play?

I wanted to take some screenshots before replying to show a different story. From my last game:

My lovely neighbour (Makeda, finished 3rd) who influenced me the whole game:

Another city:

Another player (from the community, finished 4th) with a more commercial approach, but still heavy on industry:

A far sight of their capital:

Or another player (Victor, finished 2nd) again:

The only player who made some visible groups of SQ, Semiramis (finished 9th):

I've more from other players but I think it is enough...

From this game:

1. There is no Farmers Quarter in any city, not one
  2. Some cities are so packed with districts that they have no place for EQ
  3. The AI is dealing way better with stability. I don't know how much of the troubles are war related:

And I'd wish to add, about city building:

1. that building makers quarters is not required to win against the AI.
  2. that it might be more urgent to incentive the AI to attach territories (too many outposts on turn 400)

Didn't think of the difficulty mixed with speed could change it but yeah that is vastly different. I play on nation and endless.

Edit: I'll take some pictures later tonight to show what I am seeing. 

Updated 2 years ago.
0Send private message
2 years ago
Aug 18, 2022, 9:52:32 AM

I don't know if it is a parameter with any effect in that case, but it was also played on endless.

0Send private message
2 years ago
Aug 19, 2022, 4:18:49 PM

What difficulty are you on by the way? you never stated.

As you can see there are some cities that have a group of makers quarters but the science districts start to take over, once they are able to make them. This is on nation by the way. oh and I am yellow and i just took the hyuato city or whatever it is called. So minus my EQ I haven't made any changes. Another thing I noticed is they don't make hamlets too often. This is on nation difficulty by the way. Personally I don't like the higher difficulties mainly because of the CS strength bonuses the AI gets. 

0Send private message
2 years ago
Aug 19, 2022, 4:32:44 PM

The game was played on the last patch on Humankind difficulty (you can see it on the recap' pic)
MQ are not required to have a decent industry outpout. Not making any actually has some advantages (no industry invested into producing... industry, less infrastructure to make, a bit better stability in the beginning).
As far as I am aware, there's no CS bonus anymore on higher difficulties.

0Send private message
2 years ago
Aug 19, 2022, 4:50:14 PM
Cure_off wrote:

The game was played on the last patch on Humankind difficulty (you can see it on the recap' pic)
MQ are not required to have a decent industry outpout. Not making any actually has some advantages (no industry invested into producing... industry, less infrastructure to make, a bit better stability in the beginning).
As far as I am aware, there's no CS bonus anymore on higher difficulties.

LMAO My bad, I didn't realize that's where the difficulty was posted lol That's good news about the CS bonus not being on higher difficulties. I take it you gathered that from playing? Cause I can't find a difficulty changes post and the fandom wiki hasn't been updated.

0Send private message
2 years ago
Aug 21, 2022, 12:55:55 AM

I remembered this conversation and took a screenshot for you from the game I launched an hour ago:
There's a ferocious buff but nothing related to difficulty.

0Send private message
?

Click here to login

Comment
0Send private message