Logo Platform
logo amplifiers simplified
Endless Legend
Universe banner wording

ENDLESS™ Legend is a turn-based 4X fantasy-strategy game, where you control every aspect of your civilization as you struggle to save your homeworld Auriga. Create your own Legend!

Random crashes with ATI cards while running the 64 bits version of the game

Copied to clipboard!
10 years ago
Sep 25, 2014, 9:30:46 AM
Hi all,

If you experience random crashes, and possess a PC outfitted with an ATI cards, the current workaround is to swap to the 32 bits version of the game. In the Steam Library, right click on Endless Legend, select properties, go to the Betas tab, select 32 bits in the version droplist. This should update the game to 32 bits.

We are enquiring with Unity and ATI to understand the reason of this bug.

Thanks
0Send private message
10 years ago
Sep 25, 2014, 9:18:55 PM
Please, work on optimizing endless Legend, because it is not fun to play now. Failures and the lack of memory in Win7 32bit causing I regret the money spent.

Sorry for my English.
0Send private message
10 years ago
Sep 27, 2014, 6:48:45 PM
Hi,

I can confirm that this has fixed my CTD's. Thank you Amplimath and Amplitude for the excellent support and I hope you get a fix so we can use the 64bit .exe soon.

Mr Ten Percent.
0Send private message
10 years ago
Oct 2, 2014, 4:40:02 AM
I have an AMD card and just had a CTD with the 64 bit version of the game.
0Send private message
10 years ago
Oct 2, 2014, 9:35:50 AM
Heya

I've been having similar random CTD issues to loads of guys in another thread (very frequently and at random only after ~100 turns, using 64bit AMD) and having just spotted the river update in time before switching to 32bit thought I'd test it out. Previously the crashes happened within a turn or two of loading but following the update I got the same game about 30-40 turns before it crashed! Then when I tried testing again this morning it crashed almost instantly with apparently the same 'warning' in diagnostics. Imma try 32bit for now but hopefully you guys (or AMD) can solve the mystery.
Long run.zip
Short run.zip
0Send private message
10 years ago
Oct 3, 2014, 1:11:32 PM
Hello there,

AMD has released new drivers few days ago (14.9).

Could you please update your drivers and tell us if it helped you?

AmpliMath wrote:
Update : we have played yesterday for 96 turns without a single crash on an ATI card, with the latest 14.9 drivers with the 64 bits game.

I really would to have some of you try it out.

Thanks!
0Send private message
10 years ago
Oct 3, 2014, 10:50:23 PM
Whoops, when I said I spotted the 'river' update I meant I was using the ATI 14.9 driver. It definitely helped a lot but eventually the crashes started again, so for now I'm running in 32bit with no problems.
0Send private message
10 years ago
Oct 5, 2014, 7:43:03 AM
i updated the driver. I noticed two things.

When i launche the game via steam libery it takes for ages to start it eventualy crashes after some 20 turns, radomly. When it chrashes it produces a bluescreen.

On the other hand, when i have steam running and i start the game direcktly by clicking on the el.exe its starts promptly and when it chrashes, it just chrashes to the desktop.

here the file from the last dump
0Send private message
0Send private message
10 years ago
Oct 7, 2014, 5:42:17 AM
R9 280x catalyst driver 14.9

Windows 7 64bit

16g ram

The more I play the game, the more frequently it crashes. I bought this game two weeks ago. The first week I crashed five times, this week I crashed nine times. I just installed the 14.9 driver today, but I still crashed three times anywhere between 2-30 turns. This is infuriating.

Crash reports.rar
0Send private message
10 years ago
Oct 7, 2014, 12:44:15 PM
Greetings.

Possibly late to this party but having the same issue - going to switch to 32 bit version until everything's fixed since others here have reported that this has stopped the CTD's.

In the meantime, please find attached error reports from a full 300 turn playthrough - note I turned down the graphics settings towards the end which seemed to help a bit but still, made me sad because it removed a lot of the pretty smiley: frown

Endless Legend.rar

If there is any other info I need to include please advise and will provide.
0Send private message
10 years ago
Oct 8, 2014, 6:26:23 AM
Ok so at about Round 100 I had a Crash with the 64 Bit when it switched to Battle view. It was a crash without Dump-File.
0Send private message
10 years ago
Oct 8, 2014, 12:18:39 PM
Crash here on a windows seven x64 with an AMD graphic card. The driver was uptated a few days ago to 2014.0915.1813.30937 version.

=> le crash dump (dispo pendant 30 jours seulement si pas de téléchargement).
0Send private message
10 years ago
Oct 9, 2014, 1:59:46 AM
Here is my crashlog. Now even savegames get instant error screens before dying to desktop.

NullReferenceException: Object reference not set to an instance of an object

--------------------------------------------------------------------------------

AICommanderMission_PrivateersHarass.GetTargetPositionForTheArmy ()

AICommanderMissionWithRequestArmy.SendArmyRequest ()

AICommanderMissionWithRequestArmy.TryGetArmyData ()

AICommanderMission.Initializing ()

AICommanderMission.Process ()

AICommanderMission.Tick ()

TickableRepository.Tick (Boolean isInGameState)

GameServerState_Turn_Main.Run ()

Amplitude.Unity.Framework.FiniteStateMachine.Update ()

GameInterface.Update ()

GameServer.Update ()

Session.Update ()

Amplitude.Unity.Session.SessionManager.LateUpdate ()

--------------------------------------------------------------------------------

V1.0.2 S3 (64-bit)

and yes, I'm gonna try 32bit now. ^^
0Send private message
10 years ago
Oct 10, 2014, 9:34:44 AM
32 bit did not change a thing it even made it worse. game seems to crash even more frequent.
0Send private message
0Send private message
10 years ago
Oct 16, 2014, 6:14:17 AM
Hello all.

I've got the same problem as you all, but I did notice a wird bound. When I play huge map ( 8 players ) on normal speed I've been having random crashes but not as many as on slower games speed. I've also noticed that on slow games my crashes are more often after ~ 150 turn. Changing to 32-bit version fixed the problem, so I think there are a memory addressing issues in game.

My PC specs :

CPU : Intel i7 4470k

Motherboard: Asrock Z87 extreme 4

RAM : 8 GB

Graphic cards : Radeon 6850 x 2 - crossfire mode

Btw: ATI is not ATI any more :P, it's AMD smiley: biggrin
0Send private message
10 years ago
Oct 25, 2014, 11:02:35 AM
same thing as user fransens 2 posts above, after one of the crashes now my save game seems to be corrupted and i am getting following error on loading savegame:

NullReferenceException: Object reference not set to an instance of an object

AICommanderMission_PrivateersHarass.GetTargetPositionForTheArmy ()

AICommanderMissionWithRequestArmy.SendArmyRequest ()

AICommanderMissionWithRequestArmy.TryGetArmyData ()

AICommanderMission.Initializing ()

AICommanderMission.Process ()

AICommanderMission.Tick ()

TickableRepository.Tick (Boolean isInGameState)

GameServerState_Turn_Main.Run ()

Amplitude.Unity.Framework.FiniteStateMachine.Update ()

GameInterface.Update ()

GameServer.Update ()

Session.Update ()

Amplitude.Unity.Session.SessionManager.LateUpdate ()

V1.0.8 S3 (64-bit)
0Send private message
10 years ago
Oct 31, 2014, 9:22:02 AM
7 months later and this is still not fixed? Look.. I like the game but I pay through paypal for a reason... (Steam does not do refunds, but paypal has absolutely no issue doing a chargeback on anything you buy from steam).

If I can't play this game, I will issue one. Period.

Im not going to get stuck losing 45$ for a game I can't play because it randomly crashes after 100 or so turns continuously. I will also be leaving a negative review on Steam until this is fixed. 7 months is ridiculous this should have been fixed after the first 30 days it was reported.
0Send private message
10 years ago
Oct 31, 2014, 9:26:33 AM
You appear to have a very unique definition of 7 months.. This post was made 1 month ago.

You could always help by providing your system specs and a crash folder / error. See this post about reporting a issue.
0Send private message
?

Click here to login

Comment
0Send private message