Logo Platform
logo amplifiers simplified
Endless Legend
Universe banner wording

ENDLESS™ Legend is a turn-based 4X fantasy-strategy game, where you control every aspect of your civilization as you struggle to save your homeworld Auriga. Create your own Legend!

Clarity Mod

Copied to clipboard!
9 years ago
Sep 3, 2015, 5:36:48 PM
Is this mod still being maintained (if so) it would be nice to see it updated to the latest expansions (Guardians and Shadows) because i am having an issue with the security as it appears at 0% and always on lockdown and i can't cancel it which is kind of an issue.

Thanks in advance

Turbo215
0Send private message
9 years ago
Sep 23, 2015, 3:38:16 PM
1/1.5/2 seems like a good idea, but I wonder how the 0.5 battle movement will work, if it will work at all. For common movement the game allows you to make the last move, no matter the cost, and on tactical battlefield the cost of any move is just 1 or 2 depending on the tile type. This can result in a situation where 1.5 points of combat movement will mean the unit have acually 2 points of movement. Maybe 1/1/2 is a way to go. 3 points of movement seemed quite an overkill to me, especially with cavalary or flying units wich can cross almost the whole battefield in one turn. Also, as an option, you can add some new accessories of the higher tier thar can contain higher combat movement bonuses (so you have to spend strategics on it), leaving the basic (and cheap ones) 1/1 2/1 3/1 unchanged. So that will not be so easy to create high movement army with almost no additional efforts and cost, leaving player up to decision on how to manage resourses if he have a shortage of em. On this situation even +3 move bonus will not be an overkill if it require for example both types of tier 3 strategics to make, as it will kick in late in the game and will be quite costly to produce and research the last era accessories, becoming a tool of player's stratery over the whole game to get an edge with his army of flyers, for example.
0Send private message
9 years ago
Sep 22, 2015, 10:55:45 AM
Xenobyte wrote:
Hi Tenjix! It seems some of your mod's files contain outdated values. For example a common accessories with bonuses to move/battlemove. Those were redured by Amplitude from 1/1, 2/2, 3/3 to 1/1, 2/1, 3/1. This balance change no longer states those as a 'must-have' on most units, effectively redeeming 1 of 2 slots for unit accessories. There may be more that I havent found.

Hi there. Actually, Amplitude changed it from 1/1, 2/1, 4/1 to 1/1, 2/1, 3/1 movement and increased initiative on higher tiers. I kept the 1/1, 2/2, 3/3 of my previous mod versions because I still feel that ranged units are superior to melee ones and this would be a way to counter them. Maybe it's to much and should be reduced to 1/1.5/2 battle movement? If only the first tier increases battle movement I'd never use a higher tier one since my ranged units don't get this accessory so map movement is mostly irrelevant.
0Send private message
9 years ago
Sep 21, 2015, 11:09:16 AM
Hi Tenjix! It seems some of your mod's files contain outdated values. For example a common accessories with bonuses to move/battlemove. Those were redured by Amplitude from 1/1, 2/2, 3/3 to 1/1, 2/1, 3/1. This balance change no longer states those as a 'must-have' on most units, effectively redeeming 1 of 2 slots for unit accessories. There may be more that I havent found.
0Send private message
9 years ago
Sep 14, 2015, 6:57:24 AM
Strigvir wrote:
Does it require Shadows expansion?

No. The game uses the same files, Shadows content is simply not activated.
0Send private message
0Send private message0Send private message
9 years ago
Sep 6, 2015, 11:32:50 AM
Ok when i play next (which will be soon) i will make sure to use the weapon changes as i haven't used them in awhile and will try them out again. Thanks for updating the mod and providing a new version.

Turbo215
0Send private message
9 years ago
Sep 6, 2015, 10:38:41 AM
Turbo215 wrote:
The weapon changes were a nice idea but i didn't really end up liking it due to the increase cost of strategic resources due to needing to equip a lot of the armor and weapons and that low damage units after equipping titanim would still have relatively low damage and there wasn't many ways to improve it further. I used all the accessory changes because i thought that they improved upon the vanilla game and i also used the special hero item changes. The improved defence buildings and the increased research cost according to the number of cities was a nice addition also. The only part i didn't really use were the weapon and armor changes. I thought everything else fit well and improved upon the game.

Edit: Also the unlocking of all weapon technologies was very good instead of hoping to get a quest to unlock one of them
Well, I intentionally made the item effects purely percentage based, so that the units character remains, i.e. infantry remains tanky and ranged remains fragile even with advanced equipment.

I omitted the tech cost changes in the new version since it always felt like a punishment when capturing an enemy city. To stop the AI from expanding to rapidly, I removed its expansion disapproval reduction instead.

I didn't have time to update the unique hero items yet...
0Send private message
9 years ago
Sep 6, 2015, 10:07:21 AM
The weapon changes were a nice idea but i didn't really end up liking it due to the increase cost of strategic resources due to needing to equip a lot of the armor and weapons and that low damage units after equipping titanim would still have relatively low damage and there wasn't many ways to improve it further. I used all the accessory changes because i thought that they improved upon the vanilla game and i also used the special hero item changes. The improved defence buildings and the increased research cost according to the number of cities was a nice addition also. The only part i didn't really use were the weapon and armor changes. I thought everything else fit well and improved upon the game.

Edit: Also the unlocking of all weapon technologies was very good instead of hoping to get a quest to unlock one of them
0Send private message
9 years ago
Sep 5, 2015, 8:44:53 PM
Turbo215 wrote:
This would not be an issue however I use another mod that does this (the EME mod) but I think they don't overwrite each other so that should be good.

Yes, I think there are only two conflicts with the Even More Epic mod: color palettes and UnitBodyDefinitions. If you first extract my mod and then EME everything should work except for the Sisters healing ability. If you want that as well, copy "UnitBodySistersOfMercyJusticere" from my UnitBodyDefinitions afterwards.

Turbo215 wrote:
However I play without the weapon changes and some off the special accessories changes. I also occasionally have problems with researching tier 3 equipment and armor in that they will both research in a single turn. To actually answer your question this would be fine for me.

Huh, I thought the weapon changes were the core of this mod. Are you just using it for the unlocked weapon technologies?

I uploaded Version 0.2.0 which should work with both extensions (I only have Shadows). Since I didn't fully merge the mod I omitted things that weren't important to me anymore.
0Send private message
9 years ago
Sep 5, 2015, 9:46:37 AM
This would not be an issue however I use another mod that does this (the EME mod) but I think they don't overwrite each other so that should be good. However I play without the weapon changes and some off the special accessories changes. I also occasionally have problems with researching tier 3 equipment and armor in that they will both research in a single turn. To actually answer your question this would be fine for me.

Thanks in advance.

Turbo215
0Send private message
9 years ago
Sep 4, 2015, 9:40:55 PM
Turbo215 wrote:
Is this mod still being maintained (if so) it would be nice to see it updated to the latest expansions (Guardians and Shadows) because i am having an issue with the security as it appears at 0% and always on lockdown and i can't cancel it which is kind of an issue.

I am currently playing the game with directly modified game files.

To install the modified files you'd have to extract an archive in the game directory. To uninstall you'd need to run Steam Properties -> Local files -> "Verify integrity of game cache".

Would this be sufficient for you or would you prefer a proper Mod that restricts save files and has to be activated?
0Send private message
9 years ago
Dec 27, 2014, 3:10:50 PM
I was tired of comparing equipment pieces with each other and the extreme fluctuations in equipment strength. Therefore I made this mod to refine equipment kinds for a specific purpose and maintain variety in the late game. Since there can only be one mod active at a time, the mod also contains everything else I wanted to tweak.

This mod was made for my personal use but I decided to release it for similarly minded people.

Description:

- Redefines and rebalances unit equipment*.

- Makes all equipment tiers researchable.

- Allows city exchange with allies.

- Improves early defence buildings.

- Reduces health loss from being besieged.

- Removes version numbers from hero names.

- Removes expansion disapproval reduction for AI empires on higher difficulties.

- Increases the efficiency of constructible boosters.

- Increases the base initiative of all heroes.

- Extends weapon selection for some units.

- Adds healing powers to Sisters of Mercy.

- Enhances the standard color palette.

- Enhances the unit tooltip.

*Clearly associates each kind of equipment with a purpose:

Iron: Basic

Dust: Life

Titanium: Damage

Glassteal: Initiative

Adamantian: Defense

Palladian: Attack

Mithrite: Defense & Life

Hyperium: Attack & Damage

Equipment kinds are still called common, uncommon and rare but their strength is quite similar - they mainly differ in purpose.

Localization:

English, German

Notes:

- Militia is still weak at later eras due to a game bug that prevents militia from gaining experience per turn. (Fixed since Patch 1.0.30 - Broken again)

Disclaimer:

I do not take responsibility. Use at own risk.

Installation:

Extract the archive to "...\Documents\Endless Legend\Community" and select the mod in the game's mod menu.

Since Version 0.2.0 this is no longer a proper mod. It only contains the changed files of the games "Public" folder. To install the modified files you have to extract the archive in the game directory.

To uninstall you have to run Steam Properties -> Local files -> "Verify integrity of game cache".

Note: Since this won't restrict your save files you might have to name them accordingly, if you want to be able to distinguish them from unmodified ones.

Release Notes:

[spoiler]

Endless Legend Version 1.0.24+

Version 0.0.0 - 2014-12-27 Clarity Mod 0.0.0.zip

- initial release

Version 0.0.1 - 2014-12-29 Clarity Mod 0.0.1.zip

- modified research cost formula

Version 0.0.2 - 2015-01-02 Clarity Mod 0.0.2.zip

- fixed production costs of advanced equipment

Version 0.1.0 - 2015-01-02 Clarity Mod 0.1.0.zip

- added Sisters of Mercy heroes

Version 0.1.1 - 2015-01-02 Clarity Mod 0.1.1.zip

- added an accessory slot to second army size technology

- tweaked base values of bows

Endless Legend Version 1.2.1

Omitted some effects of previous versions:

- Modifies research costs (now respects number of cities)**.

- Reintroduces the initial skill point on heroes.

- Prevents the endless winter season.

- Increases militia strength at later eras.

- Adds some minor faction heroes.

**Research costs increase with the number of cities in your empire (+50% per city).

The cost difference between technologies of different eras is more noticeable.

Version 0.2.0 - 2015-09-05 Clarity Mod 0.2.0.zip

- enhanced standard color palette

- enhanced unit tooltip

- tweaked item base values

- extended weapon selection for some units

- increased base initiative of all heroes

- reduced health loss from being besieged

- removed expansion disapproval reduction for AI empires on higher difficulties

- changed accessory regeneration from flat to percentage

- accessory regeneration is now also effective when out of combat

Version 0.2.1 - 2015-09-06 Clarity Mod 0.2.1.zip

- fixed shadow expansion accessory effects

Version 0.2.2 - 2015-09-07 Clarity Mod 0.2.2.zip

- changed level 2 of final infantry hero skill from armor increase to movement increase

- fixed shadow expansion accessory resource costs

- fixed army attack and defense boost effects

Version 0.2.3 - 2015-09-07 Clarity Mod 0.2.3.zip

- reduced army boosts from hero accessories

- rebalanced unique weapons and armor

- fixed weapon and armor technology costs

Version 0.2.4 - 2015-09-08 Clarity Mod 0.2.4.zip

- combined weapon and armor technologies into one

Version 0.2.5 - 2015-09-10 Clarity Mod 0.2.5.zip

- changed redundant winter immunity skill of infantry heroes to movement increase

- enhanced movement increase skill of flying heroes

- removed version numbers from hero names

- fixed general overall army boost

Version 0.2.6 - 2015-09-11 Clarity Mod 0.2.6.zip

- added era I and II to forgotten's technology cost reduction quest reward

- added more individuals to forgotten units

Endless Legend Version 1.2.2

Version 0.2.6 - 2015-09-11 Clarity Mod 0.2.7.zip

- merged with update

[/spoiler]

Download:

Clarity Mod 0.2.7.zip for Endless Legend Version 1.2.2
0Send private message
9 years ago
Mar 9, 2015, 9:17:04 AM
I actually really like the city/technology scaling idea. Small focused empires need more ways to excel compared to the ridiculous blobs that sometimes form up. And it would be nice if human players had some chance of keeping pace with the AI in harder difficulties too. I'd be interested to know what formula you are using for the scaling (edit) seemingly it's base * (n+1).

I agree that the game doesnt punish extreme expansion. If you happen to get lucky with decent luxury spawns, or if you're... the vaulters, you really can expand almost infinitely without any ill consequences. More cities, less happiness, more luxuries, more happiness[/COLOR], more cities... heh.

If you ever feel like, you know... making things even harder for yourself, breaking your mod down into a few components could allow those of us who don't want all the changes to mix and match smiley: smile
0Send private message
0Send private message
9 years ago
Feb 15, 2015, 12:40:54 AM
I really like your ideas of minor faction heroes. Hope to see more of them in the future.
0Send private message
9 years ago
Jan 6, 2015, 8:27:49 AM
Moreeez wrote:
First of all I absolutely don't like the idea to increase tech costs with cities (why the hell would that happen?)

Well I think it should be possible to win with a small empire that focuses on its few cities, but there is no way to keep up with large empires in terms of technology - and technology is key. This is due to the fact, that the only downside to expansion is disapproval and influence costs, which are easily compensated with advanced technologies. Therefore I took inspiration from Civilization V where the technology costs increase the more cities you build.

Moreeez wrote:
The upgrades are not worth to be developed. I see weapons with just minimal initiative bonus compared to the regular tier, by having exactly the same damage output. As it is not easy to get a grasp on huge amounts of strategic resources, I personally would safe them all for respective city upgrades which are really worth the deal. Your weapons are in my view to weak compared to the respective regular tier to be worth buying.

I agree that the equipment technologies are too expensive, especially since you are almost forced to unlock all six of a kind to reduce the resource costs. I already thought about merging them into one technology (weapons + armor + accessory) but I haven't found the time to do that yet. In terms of equipment strength though, I think they are already strong enough. Weapon + armament gives you up to 210% increase on a specific base status value.

Thanks for your feedback, I'll look into it when I have time again.

limith wrote:
Can I have permission to use parts of your mod (in the future) into mine?

Sure, go ahead.
0Send private message
9 years ago
Jan 5, 2015, 11:29:37 PM
Can I have permission to use parts of your mod (in the future) into mine? (Mostly due to the problems of only 1 mod being active at once).

I kinda realized too late that you already implemented a research penalty in your mod. And many other things.
0Send private message
9 years ago
Jan 5, 2015, 3:54:39 PM
I tried your mod today in my first 300 rounds game.

Basically I am totally with you that the benefits of armour and the missing tiers are kind of too chaotical, so that you are not exactly sure about what you get when developing a respective tech. Your approach is well organized and therefore thumbs up for that one. However I have two main issues with your mod:

First of all I absolutely don't like the idea to increase tech costs with cities (why the hell would that happen?) especially because your mod introduces new technologies for the unit upgrades, which will become redicously expensive for the numerous techs. This leads me directly to point number two: The upgrades are not worth to be developed. I see weapons with just minimal initiative bonus compared to the regular tier, by having exactly the same damage output. As it is not easy to get a grasp on huge amounts of strategic resources, I personally would safe them all for respective city upgrades which are really worth the deal. Your weapons are in my view to weak compared to the respective regular tier to be worth buying.

The other features like no endless winter, minor faction heroes and the initial skill point are perfectly fitting.

I think if the costs of your new technologies are adapted and the the gap to regular equipment is more significant (not like in the original version I agree), I really would reccomend the mode.

Good work
0Send private message
?

Click here to login

Comment
0Send private message