Logo Platform
logo amplifiers simplified
Endless Legend
Universe banner wording

ENDLESS™ Legend is a turn-based 4X fantasy-strategy game, where you control every aspect of your civilization as you struggle to save your homeworld Auriga. Create your own Legend!

Timeline surrounding Endless Legend: an attempt

Copied to clipboard!
8 years ago
May 12, 2016, 9:29:57 AM
I'm more inclined to think that the Endless wanted to have a show and melee weapons are more entertaining than killing people from miles away.

It can also be the case that thanks to their technological advancements, ranged weapons became easily countered and thus obsolete, a la Dune. But it is doubtful that the Dust Wars were fought with melee weapons.
0Send private message
7 years ago
Dec 4, 2016, 11:42:47 AM

But aren't Ardent Mages from Roving Clans? So their should 'share' their traditions?

0Send private message
7 years ago
Dec 3, 2016, 4:16:05 PM
Tymorius wrote:

Great thread!
I think that there are certain similarities between the Ardent Mages, the Vaulters and the Forgotten. The Vaulters have an old tradition of appointing female leaders so there are no male characters amongst their heroes. The Forgotten and Vaulters have common roots so I guess it is the same for them - the Forgotten have only female generals (excluding faction leader).
If you take a look at the Ardent Mages heroes roster you will see ladies only. This could be a coincidence, or maybe it tells us that the Ardent Mages share traditions and history with the Vaulters. 

The link between the Vaulters and the Forgotten is for me sure: the Vaulter-like doors in their trailer are for me a proof. However, I think that Ardent Mages have different origin-of course if we reject a hypothesis that all humans on Auriga have common ancestors.

0Send private message
7 years ago
Nov 29, 2016, 1:27:36 PM
KnightofPhoenix wrote:

To a point.

The Vaulters (and Forgotten) did not originate from the same 'humans' as the Broken Lords / Roving Clans / Ardent Mages (and potentially Wild Walkers). Rather the Vaulters are descendants from the ship crash in DotE.

In addition, the Endless didn't create the Morgawr but discovered them.  They tried to control them and failed (the attempt probably resulted in the Fomorians).

Great thread!
I think that there are certain similarities between the Ardent Mages, the Vaulters and the Forgotten. The Vaulters have an old tradition of appointing female leaders so there are no male characters amongst their heroes. The Forgotten and Vaulters have common roots so I guess it is the same for them - the Forgotten have only female generals (excluding faction leader).
If you take a look at the Ardent Mages heroes roster you will see ladies only. This could be a coincidence, or maybe it tells us that the Ardent Mages share traditions and history with the Vaulters. 

0Send private message
7 years ago
Nov 28, 2016, 9:29:24 PM

Strange, it finally occured to me that Fomorians share some similarities with ES2 Cravers - boxy, triangular metallic heads, patches of "exposed" muscles, mention of being "created" rather than born... can it be that they have their origin in the same project?

And, looking on Vodyanis - seems to me, that ancient Broken Lords indeed stumbled on the similar cache of Virtualization tech, as did folks on Tchinomy... only aurigan Cloth is way more makeshift.

As for humans on Auriga, I still support the idea of several waves of colonization (OK, without Earth :-P)- UE mentions of Mezari suggest widespread nomadic/colonizing culture. It can be that several clans in fact found on their sensors a promising vibrant wolrd full of life readings and dust signatures... only to be gunned down by Endless kill-sats on arrival. And only the latest arrivals retained their Sci-Fi culture and looks.

0Send private message
7 years ago
Nov 28, 2016, 5:53:56 PM
Mithrill wrote:

Well, thanks for explanation, it seems that the origination of humans on Auriga is more complex than I thought. Moreover, if Morgawr were not created by Endless, who are they?

From what I remember... they were natives of Auriga? This or they would have been a creation dating before Endless.

0Send private message
7 years ago
Nov 26, 2016, 7:47:00 AM

Well, thanks for explanation, it seems that the origination of humans on Auriga is more complex than I thought. Moreover, if Morgawr were not created by Endless, who are they?

0Send private message
7 years ago
Nov 17, 2016, 8:59:23 AM

To a point.

The Vaulters (and Forgotten) did not originate from the same 'humans' as the Broken Lords / Roving Clans / Ardent Mages (and potentially Wild Walkers). Rather the Vaulters are descendants from the ship crash in DotE.

In addition, the Endless didn't create the Morgawr but discovered them.  They tried to control them and failed (the attempt probably resulted in the Fomorians).

0Send private message
7 years ago
Nov 15, 2016, 9:00:54 PM

If the thread is still alive, I'd like to ask for something.

I'm from Poland, and Polish publisher created some short films about the EL lore as a part of advertising campaign. In that films, there were some mentions that some factions came from the ship that crashed on planet. So, if it's true, the timeline would look a bit different:

First period-Allayi, Guardians and the ancestors of Drakkens and Necrophages.
Second period-The coming of Endless, uplift of Drakkens.
Third period-The Endless domination, creation of Morgawr and some minor factions

Fourth period-The Dust Wars, creation of the Necrophages (later developed into Cravers?) and Cultists' Queen and Unspoken. 

Fifth-The flight of ,,Success'', Dungeon of the Endless lore, humans appear on Auriga
Sixth-the humans split into Wild Walkers, Vaulters, Lords of the Amber Plains and a nation from desert.
Seventh period-The Lords succumbs their Curse, probably the birth of Ardent Mages.

Eight period-The Great Quake, return of the Guardians, the Allayi and the Morgawr.

Am I right?

0Send private message
8 years ago
May 14, 2016, 8:49:41 PM
Could it be that the endless used auriga as sort of a battle royale planet ? they left many a different life forms to see how they behaved and evolved. Or is it possible that auriga as like some sort of an endless equivalent of a reality show or a game show?
0Send private message
8 years ago
May 12, 2016, 11:04:35 PM
Sure, for the magical people ranged/projectile weaponry could be replaced with magic (Massive fireballs for artillery, teleporting in and stabbing a guy in the face, etc.). But wouldn't the Vaulters have progressed to ballistics of some sort? I expect vehicles for each faction would develop as well, and according to each faction (Broken Lords could probably just get creative with their constructs, for example). Is it possible that the lack of guns/vehicles is due to saving money on art assets? I.e., that unit of Marines with Hyperium crossbows are actually just riding around in an APC with Hyperium powered guns/etc.
0Send private message
7 years ago
Dec 4, 2016, 11:12:55 PM

I just finished the game as Roving Clans. Going through their quest line I have noticed that when they refer to time they also use dating typical for broken lords and ardent mages. Quote: „"I was born Ahsun ar-Delgùr in the year of the White Sparrow, called Twenty-third Penitence by the Red Wizards or 1647 ASA by the Metal Lords.”" I think this is another hint that these factions are  somehow connected.

The  „"only women leaders"” hypothesis could be a dead end. It does not prove anything. It just made me wonder, so I shared this thought to see what you guys think.

Updated 7 years ago.
0Send private message
8 years ago
May 11, 2016, 12:26:10 PM
This is correct, and one erroneous biography does not suffice to change it!

There is also an issue in ES with starting game date being represented as "3000 Anno Domini", not to mention some iconic real star names, such as Aldebaran. This actually previously made me more fond of "Endless Earth" hypothesis, than even that one biography :p

Also, i've finally read description on "Scythe of Auriga" item, and now even more thrilled about that "Medieval Stasic" theme. Seems that even Endless on Auriga were strict adherents to melee fighting, if they equipped their Ghouls with that. I'm in strong doubt that nano-civilization could not figure the secrets of propellant weaponry. Is that indeed a feature of Auriga as a planet, that no "gunpowder" weaponry function there (gunfights in ED were fought in isolated underground facility)? Or that was a cultural theme of Concretes? You know, all that chivalrous bladework, tournaments, honorable rules of engagement, etc. Also nothing is quite an effective in crushing an upstart civilization as making all its combustion and explosive tech useless. Could have it been, that cerain Endles faction seeded Auriga with some nasty batch of Dust to destroy Allayi infrastructure and enforce "chivalry" on the planet?
0Send private message
8 years ago
May 10, 2016, 2:41:21 PM
Snerrir wrote:

Allayi are born flyers + clearly "undead" term for Nemesis = first scythers were created from Allayi captives? That only should add a layer of horror for ancient Allayi, that were forced to watch their compatriots being harvested and made to fight spacifically the manifestations of Mother Auriga (Guardians).

That is exactly the backstory of the Nemesis. I have to say it makes me enormously happy that somebody pieced that together :)

Now I'm off to do a global search/replace for "earth"...
0Send private message
8 years ago
May 10, 2016, 2:38:09 PM
Frogsquadron wrote:
No Earth in the Endless universe. ;)

This is correct, and one erroneous biography does not suffice to change it!

Seriously, that should not be in there. My bad....
0Send private message
8 years ago
May 10, 2016, 1:40:42 PM
bigbantha wrote:
*cough*

Copied straight from the localization file of ES, from the Hero bio of Conan/Tarl Forscythe:

"Born on Earth, $Last was always fascinated with stars, even as a child. He left the planet as soon as he could..."

Earth

EARTH

Your move, Frog.

Damn. Well, according to Slowhands there is no Earth. Looks like he dun goofed. I'll bring this to his attention, he always loves it when this happens. :p
0Send private message
8 years ago
May 6, 2016, 10:13:19 AM
ES seems to have been rebooted with ES2, so lore wise, I imagine not everything from ES is still valid.
0Send private message
8 years ago
May 5, 2016, 7:46:43 AM
bigbantha wrote:
*cough*

Copied straight from the localization file of ES, from the Hero bio of Conan/Tarl Forscythe:

"Born on Earth, $Last was always fascinated with stars, even as a child. He left the planet as soon as he could..."

Earth

EARTH

Your move, Frog.

I also was pretty sure that Earth was mentionned several time in ES ^^

Well done :p
0Send private message
8 years ago
May 4, 2016, 4:21:01 PM
No Earth? But... But...

*Caution! One unit of brain - fried*

Still, another question. About Allayi and Scythers-aka-Nemesis. Allayi call them Ghouls. They are also seem to be activated by absorbing the spirit of sentient flying creature. Allayi are born flyers + clearly "undead" term for Nemesis = first scythers were created from Allayi captives? That only should add a layer of horror for ancient Allayi, that were forced to watch their compatriots being harvested and made to fight spacifically the manifestations of Mother Auriga (Guardians).
0Send private message
8 years ago
May 4, 2016, 2:23:33 PM
Frogsquadron wrote:
No Earth in the Endless universe. ;)

*cough*

Earth

EARTH

Your move, Frog.
0Send private message
?

Click here to login

Comment
0Send private message