Logo Platform
logo amplifiers simplified
Endless Legend
Universe banner wording

ENDLESS™ Legend is a turn-based 4X fantasy-strategy game, where you control every aspect of your civilization as you struggle to save your homeworld Auriga. Create your own Legend!

Biggest improvement I'd like to see...

Copied to clipboard!
9 years ago
Jan 6, 2015, 9:30:45 PM
Ledges need to be more obvious. I love the tiered terrain aspect of the game... except I don't know how many turns, or at least a few movement points, I've wasted. A common problem, I'm standing right next to a temple at the end of one turn. I click to use it, and it sends me into a 2 turn trek around mountains to actually get there. I furiously click to reset my path, but I've wasted at least a turn and ended up somewhere really weird.

I know that the pathfinding will show you the route if you hold it down. I also know that you can vaguely see the cliffs, although certain angles are really hard if not impossible to see them. That doesn't stop this from happening way more frequently than I'd like, and I'm pretty sure to most other people, too.

Especially in the tactical, zoomed-out map, the cliffs could use a little more clarity. I know they're a thicker black line, but since they are the main impediments to movement and matter quite a bit in tactical battles, they should be as clear as possible. Maybe make the border red, or little X's or lines... something that sticks out as much as possible.
0Send private message
9 years ago
Jan 6, 2015, 9:59:41 PM
Not sure I've understood exactly what you mean. If you didn't discovered the fog of war, when you click, the unit will go straight. So if you are planning on going in the fog of war, go step by step. That just seems totally normal to me.
0Send private message
9 years ago
Jan 6, 2015, 10:09:36 PM
Totally agree, arqane. This is especially irritating when cliffs coincide with province borders.

One thing that would help this would be if it didn't actually consider a moving unit in the next hex in its path until later in the animation. As it stands, if you try to correct, you've almost always wasted all of your movement.
0Send private message
9 years ago
Jan 7, 2015, 12:21:54 AM
Cliffs should always be an opposing color on the normal map. Having green cliffs on green forests on green grassland does not work well at all.

I second making cliffs easier to see.
0Send private message
9 years ago
Jan 7, 2015, 5:22:17 AM
The unpassable cliffs already have a unnatural, spared look to them; what if they were made to look distinctly man-made? (Or Endless-made, however you wanna interpret it.) Kind of like the watchtower foundations. As such, they'd be a distinctive colour/look, and it would add a nice little touch of lore just visually, without a single line of text!
0Send private message
9 years ago
Jan 8, 2015, 1:00:16 AM
Here is an example with lots of cliffs.

I have labeled the second picture with:

Green: Easy to see

Yellow: Not easily seen, but it works

Red: Difficult to see.

0Send private message
9 years ago
Jan 8, 2015, 3:28:19 AM
Damn, even after having them pointed out by the red lines, I still can't see the forested cliffs whatsoever!
0Send private message
9 years ago
Jan 8, 2015, 4:45:29 AM
Ladygolem wrote:
Damn, even after having them pointed out by the red lines, I still can't see the forested cliffs whatsoever!

I know right? Drives me crazy!
0Send private message
9 years ago
Jan 8, 2015, 11:40:27 AM
I agree that it's a bit hard to see, maybe by strengthening the "stacking" effect and adding a strong black shade, it would be easier to spot
0Send private message
9 years ago
Jan 12, 2015, 9:25:07 PM
A picture is worth a thousand words. smiley: smile

I also hate forested cliffs. Probably #1 reason for me reloading a quick-save to the beginning of the current turn is because I don't realize where the cliffs are and accidentally send an important stack the long way around something.
0Send private message
9 years ago
Jan 12, 2015, 9:48:16 PM
Guys, Zoom in. the map is down right beautiful. no outlines are needed. If they added some black for the shadow of the cliffs, maybe it will help. I like it as it is, limits the god view of gaming.
0Send private message
9 years ago
Jan 13, 2015, 8:54:27 AM
Zooming either in or out helps, but I would agree that one should be able to see it from all distances. But the game is so beautiful and sharp shadows or highlights would probably look out of place. How about introducing two-click movement, i.e. first click plans the move and the second executes? That way you could change your mind.
0Send private message
9 years ago
Jan 13, 2015, 6:06:25 PM
Rymdkejsaren wrote:
How about introducing two-click movement, i.e. first click plans the move and the second executes? That way you could change your mind.

Very good suggestion. make it a game play option.
0Send private message
9 years ago
Jan 13, 2015, 6:32:21 PM
Would be great if they made an undo button incase you click by accident and don't notice the cliff.

You hit the undo button and use another path. This should be really easy to implement smiley: smile
0Send private message
9 years ago
Jan 14, 2015, 9:48:40 PM
Kuroneko wrote:
Would be great if they made an undo button incase you click by accident and don't notice the cliff.

You hit the undo button and use another path. This should be really easy to implement smiley: smile

That could be used for some epic trolling in MP games though.
0Send private message
9 years ago
Jan 18, 2015, 1:04:37 PM
Kuroneko wrote:

Rymdkejsaren wrote:
That could be used for some epic trolling in MP games though.

More than trolling, It would be so easy to cheat: go to a place, uncover the fog of war and take a look at whatever there is to see, then go back and do it again until there is nothing left to observe/take into account -_-"
0Send private message
?

Click here to login

Comment
0Send private message