Logo Platform
logo amplifiers simplified
Endless Legend
Universe banner wording

ENDLESS™ Legend is a turn-based 4X fantasy-strategy game, where you control every aspect of your civilization as you struggle to save your homeworld Auriga. Create your own Legend!

Fix for invulnerable Cities

Copied to clipboard!
9 years ago
Jan 17, 2015, 3:32:43 PM
I had the following Problem in a game:

The AI placed his city there and that yielded it invulnerable, since no unit could attack it. I already mentioned, that one can make his city unsiegable by extending it to the borders of the region (which is also a bit annoying) but being able to construct a city invulnerable like that is flawed.

This will of course not occur that often, but there should be some fix for it.
0Send private message
9 years ago
Jan 17, 2015, 9:40:33 PM
12/10 would rage quit again! smiley: empirepoint

I'm hoping that naval and amphibious combat would allow assaulting cities from the water and fix this problem

Another quick solution is to make some kind of hotkey that allows armies to stand on the ruins and villages. OR every time we click on the ruins and villages an option available called "walk over" or "stand on top" lol
0Send private message
9 years ago
Jan 18, 2015, 12:58:51 PM
This would clearly be infuriating...

KrimsonVagus wrote:

Another quick solution is to make some kind of hotkey that allows armies to stand on the ruins and villages. OR every time we click on the ruins and villages an option available called "walk over" or "stand on top" lol

Even easier: clicking on the city to attack it would make your army automatically walk over the ruins if there isn't any other possibility. Since there is already a quite advanced pathfinding system, I'm pretty sure it wouldn't even be that hard to implement and this way there wouldn't even be a need for another hotkey/options (and thus more action to performs for the players).
0Send private message
9 years ago
Jan 19, 2015, 2:25:26 AM
I suppose the real question is: why can't units stand on top of ruins and villages? It's just frustrating most of the time, but doesn't really add any real strategic depth, nor does it even make logical sense - an invading army is completely unable to conquer a mighty fortress because... a tiny Eyeless One village consisting of a handful of mud huts is in the way?
0Send private message
?

Click here to login

Comment
0Send private message