Logo Platform
logo amplifiers simplified
Endless Legend
Universe banner wording

ENDLESS™ Legend is a turn-based 4X fantasy-strategy game, where you control every aspect of your civilization as you struggle to save your homeworld Auriga. Create your own Legend!

Comparing Items

Copied to clipboard!
9 years ago
Jan 29, 2015, 8:14:52 AM
Hi everyone. I'm new to this game and this is my first forum post so I'll apologize now incase I overlooked something. It's late and it's been a long day, so I wouldn't be surprised if I have.

While trying to equip items on my hero, I did not notice a convenient way to compare my items to decide which one I wanted to equip. It would be nice to see new items compared against the one that is currently equipped, heck I'd be happy just having the item info boxes appear next to each other to make comparisons easier. It would also be nice if there was some indication of how the new item would affect the hero's stats. Even something as simple as used in Dungeon of the Endless would be handy.

It would also be nice to click on an item and open up a new "info box". Something that would list the attributes of an item, perhaps some tool-tips explaining the effects and capacities of that item. I would at first assume that a +1 lightning bolt symbol means add 1 electricity damage, which is not the case. It would be nice to have the game explain this so that the player is not left guessing. Yes, the symbols are shown on the heroes stats, but that still leaves the player to stop and search for them. Since I'm still very early in the game, perhaps this isn't even really needed after you play a few games.

I don't want my first post here too sound negative, I like what I've seen so far and I am looking forward to checking out more of this game and I have also spent countless hours enjoying Endless Space. I have seen nothing but good things from this company so far smiley: biggrin

Thanks guys!
0Send private message
9 years ago
Jan 29, 2015, 3:14:38 PM
+1 to everything Disbroc said. Equipping heroes is probably the most tedious part of the game right now; definitely could use some UI improvements as suggested.
0Send private message
9 years ago
Jan 30, 2015, 6:58:54 AM
This would be good for the devs to implement; I played a game recently and found the expansion building now list the FIDSI gain when trying to place it. It made life so much easier. something like this would follow that same idea.
0Send private message
9 years ago
Jan 30, 2015, 3:56:13 PM
Stuie wrote:
+1 to everything Disbroc said. Equipping heroes is probably the most tedious part of the game right now; definitely could use some UI improvements as suggested.

Thanks! Glad too see I'm not the only one.
0Send private message
0Send private message
9 years ago
Jan 30, 2015, 10:10:51 PM
Disbroc wrote:
Hi everyone. I'm new to this game and this is my first forum post so I'll apologize now incase I overlooked something. It's late and it's been a long day, so I wouldn't be surprised if I have.

While trying to equip items on my hero, I did not notice a convenient way to compare my items to decide which one I wanted to equip. It would be nice to see new items compared against the one that is currently equipped, heck I'd be happy just having the item info boxes appear next to each other to make comparisons easier. It would also be nice if there was some indication of how the new item would affect the hero's stats. Even something as simple as used in Dungeon of the Endless would be handy.

It would also be nice to click on an item and open up a new "info box". Something that would list the attributes of an item, perhaps some tool-tips explaining the effects and capacities of that item. I would at first assume that a +1 lightning bolt symbol means add 1 electricity damage, which is not the case. It would be nice to have the game explain this so that the player is not left guessing. Yes, the symbols are shown on the heroes stats, but that still leaves the player to stop and search for them. Since I'm still very early in the game, perhaps this isn't even really needed after you play a few games.

I don't want my first post here too sound negative, I like what I've seen so far and I am looking forward to checking out more of this game and I have also spent countless hours enjoying Endless Space. I have seen nothing but good things from this company so far smiley: biggrin

Thanks guys!

+1 It would be great if we had this option
0Send private message
?

Click here to login

Comment
0Send private message