Logo Platform
logo amplifiers simplified
Endless Legend
Universe banner wording

ENDLESS™ Legend is a turn-based 4X fantasy-strategy game, where you control every aspect of your civilization as you struggle to save your homeworld Auriga. Create your own Legend!

Improve UI: pathfinding and battle board overlay.

Copied to clipboard!
9 years ago
Jun 18, 2015, 8:45:01 PM
Currently I'm trying to see what the battle board would look like when approaching the village from the northwest... And simply can't do that...

Take a look:

I position the mouse at the northwestern tile. But when I go to the village tile, it shows the "wrong" battleboard overlay, an attack from NE...

The solution I'm proposing is that the each tile have 7 different hotspots... as shown in picture below:

When people right-click the center tile, the behavior is as it actually is today: it shows the "better path" to that tile. But when you place the mouse at one of the six corners, you will map the path finding "as coming from that side"... So, if I want to simulate an attack from the NW corner, it would be only a matter of pointing the mouse at the northwestern border of the village...

Example:

0Send private message
9 years ago
Jun 18, 2015, 9:16:21 PM
That´s a really good idea. You have a knack for spotting very annoying issues and coming up with creative solutions man.
0Send private message
0Send private message
9 years ago
Jun 21, 2015, 2:46:39 PM
@Propbuddha: No, it is just plain simple pathfinding option... When there are two paths with the same weight, the game must assume one... In this case, the one I don't want... That is why I'm proposing this solution...
0Send private message
9 years ago
Jun 21, 2015, 5:04:10 PM
Sorry if I was unclear.

If there is a cliff there is is impossible for you to attack in that direction, hence the system showing you the "wrong" battle board. It would be showing you the correct board as you would have to move to the other hex to attack.
0Send private message
9 years ago
Jun 21, 2015, 6:55:24 PM
@Propbuddha

Hm... so I didn't make it clear myself smiley: smile .

When you are away more than 1 tile from an attack target, when you right click and hold the mouse button, you see a "battleboard overlay", showing how the combat board will look like. The issue that I have is that, since the pathfinding only works one possible solution to reach that tile, it only shows one solution. This solution is to circunvent that, so you can, using the mouse button, specify both the tile and the approaching side to reach a specified tile. Another interesting side effect is that the pathfinder could show the route to reach the file, from each side.
0Send private message
?

Click here to login

Comment
0Send private message