Logo Platform
logo amplifiers simplified
Endless Legend
Universe banner wording

ENDLESS™ Legend is a turn-based 4X fantasy-strategy game, where you control every aspect of your civilization as you struggle to save your homeworld Auriga. Create your own Legend!

Monthly Community Challenge: March 2017 - At The Mountains of Madness

Copied to clipboard!
7 years ago
Mar 5, 2017, 11:46:17 PM

Thanks for providing the challenge! I never played such a small map before and haven’t played with the Vaulters in a long time – I very much enjoyed coming back to them.

I never rush my Endless Legend games and usually don’t go for an Elimination Victory, but finally I did that in turn 172 with an Overall Score of 948.

0Send private message
7 years ago
Mar 29, 2017, 2:24:16 AM

Cool idea! I played through it and finished at Turn 220 with a score of 1555. I would have finished a lot sooner, but I had never gotten to the end of the Vaulter questline and decided to take the chance to see it. For most of the first hundred turns or so I minded my own business, so the Necrophages ended up defeating the Cultists before I had interacted meaningfully with either. Around this time I focused on building up my military, which was fortunate because the Necrophages declared war on me soon after. I beat them with relative ease, but for the aforementioned reason I chose to save the killing blow for later.

0Send private message
7 years ago
Mar 16, 2017, 1:07:24 PM
The-Cat-o-Nine-Tales wrote:

I finally had time to double-check. Apparently I had turned off even the Mezari content (though why I do not know, since everybody should have that.)

But I think it should gray out the save if the content doesn't match, anyway.

Yeah I'm not sure what's going wrong. I must have done something wrong. I just put the rar in the saves map and it does show up as save and definitely loads up as a vaulters safe (loading screen) but somehow just resets to main menu after. 

0Send private message
7 years ago
Mar 15, 2017, 4:53:32 PM

I finally had time to double-check. Apparently I had turned off even the Mezari content (though why I do not know, since everybody should have that.)

But I think it should gray out the save if the content doesn't match, anyway.

0Send private message
7 years ago
Mar 13, 2017, 6:23:14 PM

Even then for some reason I don't get it to work :( Keeps resetting to the main menu halfway in the loading screen

0Send private message
0Send private message
7 years ago
Mar 13, 2017, 1:38:42 PM

I'm going to give it a shot! 

EDIT: For some reason I can't load the file making me turn back to the main menu. What content did you use? (I tried disabling all but it doesn't make a difference) 

Updated 7 years ago.
0Send private message
7 years ago
Mar 13, 2017, 5:15:18 AM
Frogsquadron wrote:

Your saves are in this location: [Documentsdir]/Endless Legend/Save Files/

Thanks! I've give that a try. Looks like I have to create the folders as they are not already there.

0Send private message
7 years ago
Mar 10, 2017, 11:16:32 AM

Your saves are in this location: [Documentsdir]/Endless Legend/Save Files/

0Send private message
7 years ago
Mar 8, 2017, 3:18:38 PM
Frogsquadron wrote:

Have you posted about it on Steam?

I keep forgetting that Steam even has a forum/discussion function.

paul31 wrote:

Just a quick question. Where do I put these save files? I can't see any Endless Legend save folders on Steam for Mac. Help!

I wish I could help you there, but I've never used a Mac in my life. Frogsquadron will have to help you there, though I will not that the save folder is not in the Steam directory on PC, either, but in your personal files. Maybe you can find it in the Mac equivalent to that.

0Send private message
7 years ago
Mar 8, 2017, 11:46:54 AM

Just a quick question. Where do I put these save files? I can't see any Endless Legend save folders on Steam for Mac. Help!

0Send private message
0Send private message
7 years ago
Mar 8, 2017, 9:44:04 AM

Have you posted about it on Steam?

0Send private message
0Send private message
7 years ago
Mar 6, 2017, 9:37:44 AM

What a nice idea!

0Send private message
7 years ago
Mar 3, 2017, 9:12:34 AM

I've been thinking about doing this for a long time, and the Make War Not Love challenge Amplitude posted finally gave me the push to start.

Every month, I'll post a challenge for the community, as a save game or as world creation and game settings, hopefully with a theme and possibly with a custom goal.

I will be keeping track of user submitted scores as well, though I have not decided yet where I will publish them. So for the time being, submit your scores (turn finished and game score) and perhaps crazy stories here.

This months challenge will run until April 4th, since I'm a bit late with posting this.

At The Mountains of Madness

A small group of Vaulters has set out to make camp in Aurigan Antarctica, searching riches and scientific insight alike. Unfortunately for them, they will have to deal with the Elder Things (i.e. Cultists) in their ancient city and their Shoggoths (i.e Necrophages).

Settings:

Large Pangaea

No Wrap

No Sea around the edges

Southern Hemisphere

Chaotic Continents

Mountainous Topology

Few Rivers

Hard World Settings

Anarchic Winter

Arctic Temperature

Victories: Elimination, Science, Quest

Seed: 18900820

Instructions

1. Download the file

2. Place it in ".../Documents/Endless Legend/Save Files"

3. Start the game and load the "CC1703" save file.

4. Play and have fun.

CC1703 - Turn 1.zip

0Send private message
5 years ago
Mar 4, 2019, 3:04:20 AM

I'd like to do this challange, but the save file format has changed and there's not enough detail for me to remake it. Any way you could update the initial save?

0Send private message
5 years ago
Mar 21, 2019, 10:41:08 AM

Hey KnsCtyShuffle,

sorry it took me so long to get back to you.

I just took a look, and the saves loaded just fine for me. You need to put the entire zip folder as it is into zour saves folder, and then the save should show up in game. If you're still having trouble, please get back to me and I'll see what other information I need to fix it.

0Send private message
?

Click here to login

Comment
0Send private message