Logo Platform
logo amplifiers simplified
Endless Legend
Universe banner wording

ENDLESS™ Legend is a turn-based 4X fantasy-strategy game, where you control every aspect of your civilization as you struggle to save your homeworld Auriga. Create your own Legend!

Community Challenge 2: Volcanic Boogaloo

Copied to clipboard!
6 years ago
Oct 3, 2018, 10:40:44 PM

Over a year ago, I tried to create a monthly community challenge in which I would present a different and possibly unusual scenario every month to invite all players to try out game settings or strategies they may not usually play. For various reasons, that project fell by the wayside.

But with EL revitalized through the new expansion, I figure it's about time I give this another shot. If the interest is great enough, I will do my best to collect all challenges in one easily accessed place, and possibly provide a hall of fame.

Hopefully, this first challenge will be entertaining.

If you want to participate, please reply to this thread with:

• Your victory turn count
  • Your total score
  • A brief description of your greatest challenges or triumphs, or other remarkable moments, be they purely gameplay or emergent narrative (screenshots welcome)
  • A savegame of your victory turn, if possible.

I invite you all to create more detailed After Action Reports as well, but please try not to overwhelm this thread with them. If they become too long, I suggest creating a separate thread in the Creations subforum and linking to it here.

• Title: Frozen Hellscape
  • Description: The Endless claim they brought us to this world to save us, but where our home was a paradise of ash and lava and heat, this is a world
    of snow and ice and cold. And it's getting worse.
  • Factions: Kapaku (Player)
  • Conditions: cold climate, small continents, rough terrain, rare resources, harsh winters
  • Required DLC: All

CCEL-1810.sav

0Send private message
6 years ago
Oct 11, 2018, 5:22:38 PM

I don't know if I'm invited to this party, but I might have something to post after this weekend now the balance patch is up ;)

0Send private message
0Send private message0Send private message
6 years ago
Oct 18, 2018, 1:53:52 AM

Vicory by wonder, what can I say, I'm a builder.
Almost 200 turns, spawned in a continent alone, no strats on capital, so had to explore and expand early, advanced through the main quest quite quickly and beyond some minor incursions never faced a real threat to my continent, so I fully colonized it and focused on building my cities big, by the time of victory all cities had 20+ pops and most discovered improvements built.

Game Finished - Turn 191.sav

0Send private message
0Send private message0Send private message0Send private message
6 years ago
Nov 18, 2018, 2:34:03 AM

Played this game with the community patch. You can find details on that here:

https://www.games2gether.com/endless-legend/forums/15-modding/threads/30618-endless-legend-community-patch?page=11#post-273539

Basically it's an AI improvement with a few balance changes.

The complet lack of Glass steel anywhere close to my starting region made this game a pretty intersting and a new challange for me. I had to get active on the market a lot eariler than unusual.

The lack of close neighbors also made making friends much easier than I'm used to. After getting out on the water and meeting some of the other civilizations I had made peace with everyone I could.

The unusally peaceful nature of this game made me eventually decide to go for a Diplomatic victory. After making an alliace with every faction on the globe (except for the obvious). Eventually I got bored of all the piece so I decided to do some damage and I ate most of the Necrophages. 

I made a few misteps that slowed down my vicotry by a few turns. I didn't pick up alliance tech early enough and didn't decide and commit to the diplo vicotry early enough, but I still wound up winning on turn 119. Also an important thing of note is that one of the balance changes the community patch makes is that it makes diplomatic victory much more challanging.

Game Finished - Turn 119.sav

0Send private message
?

Click here to login

Comment
0Send private message