Logo Platform
logo amplifiers simplified
Endless Space 2
Universe banner wording

ENDLESS™ Space 2 is turn-based 4X space-strategy that launches players into the space colonization age of different civilizations within the ENDLESS™ Universe. Your Vision. Their Future.

A Few Suggestions/Ideas

Copied to clipboard!
8 years ago
Nov 9, 2016, 7:45:07 PM

I've played Endless Space 2 for a little over 20 hours, and I really like it so far. I also recently bought Civ VI, and it seems like ES2 will have a lot more depth that Civ VI. I did have some ideas that I thought of over the course of the time I played, and I wanted to share them here. I know some of these have been talked about already, but I wanted to emphasize those ones too.

Ideas/Suggestions

• Internal Espionage: Not a lot has been said about the espionage system, which I assume will draw heavily from EL espionage, but I think that because of the internal political mechanics in the game, some of the espionage should be focused internally. Actions involving suppressing/supporting political parties, controlling immigration/emigration, and increasing Approval would make it interesting to choose between internal and external espionage. 
  • Transparent Diplomacy: A more transparent system for how another empire feels about you. We know exactly how the minor factions feel about us, I think it should be the same for empires
  • Relationship Bonuses: In a similar vein, I think there should be relationship bonuses between empires that share government types, political parties, or species demographics. This system could be in place already, but we if it is I don't know because of the lack of transparency for the diplomatic system. 
  • Loans: I recently saw that inflation is going to be in the game, which is good, because I feel that 4x games have really missed the boat with making economic systems interesting. Having loans in the game would allow economically powerful players to act as lenders, while also giving less fortunate players more flexibility to borrow. Having an intergalactic loan market on the Marketplace would also mean empires could be competitive in an interesting economic way. If lenders were to gain diplomatic pressure on the empires they lend to, loans would also enhance the diplomatic side of the game. This would add another layer of "gamification" to the players who prefer a peaceful play-style. 
  • Moon Colonies: Instead of having moons adding a few population slots to a planet, have them be separate habitable locations. Many of the most interesting parts of our solar system are moons, and I think ES2 should reflect that. 
  • More Laws: To me, the internal politics system is the most exciting part of the game, even if it seems like it needs to be tweaked a bit. Adding more diversity and choice to the system will make it more interesting. Being able to construct your own laws, or having laws unlock when two different parties reach a certain threshold would make for more engaging gameplay. 
  • Being able to see the planet type from outside of the two system views.
  • The longer that a planet has had a specialization, the longer it should take to switch to another specialization. I think this would help reflect that you couldn't just tear down the infrastructure of a planet that had been in place.
  • Being able to pin multiple quests
  • Food can be redistributed between your systems, or traded to other empires 
0Send private message
8 years ago
Nov 9, 2016, 11:13:51 PM
dragons111888 wrote:

• Internal Espionage: Not a lot has been said about the espionage system, which I assume will draw heavily from EL espionage, but I think that because of the internal political mechanics in the game, some of the espionage should be focused internally. Actions involving suppressing/supporting political parties, controlling immigration/emigration, and increasing Approval would make it interesting to choose between internal and external espionage. 

Actually there are options to cheat elections. I didn't tried it, as at actual stage this aspect needs to be tweaked, but you can see it in all elections and unlock some new ways to cheat with a tech.

Migration is planned in one update (2??). We'll see.

• Transparent Diplomacy: A more transparent system for how another empire feels about you. We know exactly how the minor factions feel about us, I think it should be the same for empires

It's actually in the game and has been explained by dev's in a post. It's a pop-up tooltim a bit hidden. At this moment I didn't remember the thread, but sure someone can post a link.

• Loans: I recently saw that inflation is going to be in the game, which is good, because I feel that 4x games have really missed the boat with making economic systems interesting. Having loans in the game would allow economically powerful players to act as lenders, while also giving less fortunate players more flexibility to borrow. Having an intergalactic loan market on the Marketplace would also mean empires could be competitive in an interesting economic way. If lenders were to gain diplomatic pressure on the empires they lend to, loans would also enhance the diplomatic side of the game. This would add another layer of "gamification" to the players who prefer a peaceful play-style. 

Good idea here. Still wait for the next update. There will be the market and we'll have a better knowledge about how this can fit the game.

• More Laws: To me, the internal politics system is the most exciting part of the game, even if it seems like it needs to be tweaked a bit. Adding more diversity and choice to the system will make it more interesting. Being able to construct your own laws, or having laws unlock when two different parties reach a certain threshold would make for more engaging gameplay. 

Good again. I like this idea of laws that require the support of two (suspect related or at least non opposed) political parties. It adds playind ideas with senate, and also can solve the problem you got when having too much political parties represented in your senate (in that point you have not enough support for most laws).

• Being able to pin multiple quests

It is planned to be in one of the latter updates. At least a system to navigate between quests in galaxy view.

• Food can be redistributed between your systems, or traded to other empires 

Has been stated in GDDs (sorry atm don't remember which one) that trade routes will automatically move food and production within own systems. Haven't seen in actual stage, but suspect w'll see in coming updates.

Updated 8 years ago.
0Send private message
8 years ago
Nov 10, 2016, 5:43:07 PM

Thanks for the feedback! I really appreciate it.

lo_fabre wrote:

Actually there are options to cheat elections. I didn't tried it, as at actual stage this aspect needs to be tweaked, but you can see it in all elections and unlock some new ways to cheat with a tech.

Migration is planned in one update (2??). We'll see.

I meant adding the ability to cheat elections as part of the espionage system. Those options that pop up during the election are useful, or will be, I was just thinking about similar abilities being added to the espionage system because it seems like the natural place to put that kind of thing. 

It's actually in the game and has been explained by dev's in a post. It's a pop-up tooltim a bit hidden. At this moment I didn't remember the thread, but sure someone can post a link.

Yeah I saw that tooltip, but it only gives you overall how they feel. I meant something that shows the player what different actions or stances make the empire feel the way they do about you. 

It is planned to be in one of the latter updates. At least a system to navigate between quests in galaxy view.

Cool! That will make the colonization side of the game a lot easier 

Has been stated in GDDs (sorry atm don't remember which one) that trade routes will automatically move food and production within own systems. Haven't seen in actual stage, but suspect w'll see in coming updates.

Hmmm. That does sound good, but does automatically doing it means that the player won't have control over it? That is what I would be looking for. 

Good idea here. Still wait for the next update. There will be the market and we'll have a better knowledge about how this can fit the game.

Thanks! I think there's a lot of room to expand beyond just loans, because economics has tons of things that would be interesting to add to the game. 

0Send private message
7 years ago
Nov 18, 2016, 5:09:35 PM

I'll be glad to see your loans suggestion into ideas section.

0Send private message
0Send private message
?

Click here to login

Comment
0Send private message