Logo Platform
logo amplifiers simplified
Endless Space 2
Universe banner wording

ENDLESS™ Space 2 is turn-based 4X space-strategy that launches players into the space colonization age of different civilizations within the ENDLESS™ Universe. Your Vision. Their Future.

Quests, Events, Deeds

Copied to clipboard!
7 years ago
Mar 24, 2017, 2:59:46 PM

Hi everyone!  

To fix these kind of bugs, it's more convenient for us to compile them here, as much as possible.

The following template, relative to Quests, Events and Deeds bugs, will help in this task:

Category

“Faction Quest”, “Minor Civilization Quest”, “Population Quest”, “Exploration Quest, “Events”, “Deeds”.

Name

Name of the Quest

Description

Short description of the bug.

Screen Attachment

Not mandatory but always useful

Thx a lot!

Updated 7 years ago.
0Send private message
7 years ago
Mar 25, 2017, 6:43:29 PM

Category

Events

Name

Hear My Last Cry

Description

The event gives you 3 choices, however the political alignment and the actions in the description don't align.  The "Forgotten Science" option is Ecological instead of Scientific and "Respect the dead" is Militaristic instead of Pacifistic.

Screen Attachment

0Send private message
7 years ago
Mar 26, 2017, 2:00:04 PM

Category

“Faction Quest”

Name

Locus of lies

Description

Quest becomes failed on next turn after accepting.

Screen Attachment

0Send private message
7 years ago
Mar 26, 2017, 6:48:12 PM

Category

Event

Name

Anarchy

Description

1. I have no idea what triggered that event - anarchy should not come out of the blue :)

2. After that clicking on government screen hangs shows some empty "windows" at this screen and stops the game - windows menu "program stopped responding" shows. Happens to me every time with this save AutoSave 479.zip

Category

“Population Quest”, 

Name

Lord of war

Description

In the same game - I had population happiness over 60 on quest systems for many turns, lost 1 of them, regained it, still quest is not finished. Maybe it is beacause one of quest planets is unique - so it have different name than system it is in and quest is not registering it 

0Send private message
7 years ago
Mar 27, 2017, 10:33:53 AM

Category

Faction Quest

Name

Empire Tier 4, Mezari line

Description

Quest tech "Transparent Society" is overlaid on a pre-existing tech.  

Screen Attachment

0Send private message
7 years ago
Mar 27, 2017, 4:04:58 PM

Category

Faction Quest

Name

Of Our Own Brood - part 2.

Description

I am supposed to bring back the craver ship to my home system but when it's done, nothing happens... no matter if the ship stays in orbit or in hangar.
Unless there is something i missed here, this part of the quest worked fine for me before the last update.

0Send private message
7 years ago
Mar 28, 2017, 8:00:08 AM

Hello!

Ridiculi : Thanks for your report! I’ve fixed it, you should see the results upon release.

Rvm1975: I’m sorry but I can’t reproduce the issue. Could you give me more info (or a save) if you have time?

• Did you own the Tabernacle’s system when the quest was triggered?
  • Did it launch Chapter 3 or another version of chapter 2?

-dstan- : Anarchy is not a narrative event. In fact, it is a systemic event which is the result of a game situation. In your case, you probably had too many unhappy or rebelling systems. Anyway, I informed Meedoc of your problem.

I didn’t manage to reproduce your bug, but I think I found a way to fix it (I hope so).

Afsan: Thanks for reporting this, I fixed it, you should see the results upon release.

DonInkshot: I'll check that soon.

Updated 7 years ago.
0Send private message
7 years ago
Mar 28, 2017, 8:23:08 AM

Category

Minor Civilization Quest

Name

My Superyacht is Bigger than Yours

Description

I successfully completed the quest without any ships at the Minor Civilization's system or even having a ship with a 60+ Offensive rating. The closest to it I had was 2 scoutships heading for that system which had a combined Offensive Power of 66.

0Send private message
7 years ago
Mar 28, 2017, 12:42:15 PM

Category

Minor faction quest (Mavros).

Name

Something with an illegal racecircuit.

Description

The quest was to colonize a system next to the Minor Faction's system. While I had an Outpost running I received this quest, but once it got to a colony the event didn't trigger.

Category

Event

Name

A New Hoce

Description

I was tasked to colonize a certain planet in a system I already had a colony in. Instead of sending in a colony ship I colonized the planet as a build project. However the quest did not respond to that. 

Category

Faction Quest (Sophons)

Name

??? (I chose Science with the first quest, later on ENFER wanted to find a system).

Description

Though I never went to the system nor researched any curiosities present, I got pop-ups for the quest (after a while). My assumption is an AI faction researched the system, prompting my faction quest. Later on I received a scout ship called ENFER. So the quest works but some parts were solved automatically or triggered by somebody else. 

0Send private message
7 years ago
Mar 28, 2017, 3:44:12 PM

Hello!

Picrasso and Mike Lemmer: Thanks for reporting this, I fixed it, you should see the results upon release. \o/

0Send private message
7 years ago
Mar 28, 2017, 7:33:14 PM
quaedam wrote:

Hello!

Rvm1975: I’m sorry but I can’t reproduce the issue. Could you give me more info (or a save) if you have time?

• Did you own the Tabernacle’s system when the quest was triggered?
  • Did it launch Chapter 3 or another version of chapter 2?

Hello,

No, I did not own it. Tabernacle's system is far away from my home. Please check the save.

No. There no next quest. And sorry for save file. I overwrited backup autosaves by mistake. Please check the state after 40 or 50 turns after quest fail.

battle.zip

Updated 7 years ago.
0Send private message
7 years ago
Mar 30, 2017, 7:28:29 AM

Category

“Faction Quest”, Riftborn

Name

A rebuke from on high

Description

Assign Anax-Jink to system with TC HQ.

The quest does not trigger if he is already assigned to a system with a TC HQ. You have to unassign then reassign him to the system to trigger the reward.

0Send private message
7 years ago
Mar 31, 2017, 5:17:10 PM

Category

Faction quest - Vodyani

Name

Locus of Lies

Description:

When I select "Take over" the quest automatically fails on the next turn. There is nothing I can do to stop it.

Version

0.3.4 S2 ALPHA-Public

Attachments

Bug - quest.zip

0Send private message
7 years ago
Mar 31, 2017, 5:26:15 PM

Category

Event

Name

New constellation discovered

Description

When encountering a new constellation, the help tooltip indicates that the rare earth foams tech is needed for free movement, when instead it is the baryonic shielding tech that is needed

Version

0Send private message
7 years ago
Apr 2, 2017, 10:02:03 PM

Category

Lumeris Faction Quest

Name

Buisness As Usual, Part 1

Description

The objective given out by the Arrakyo and Omakar are backwards; The Arrakyo talks about rapid expansion, but the objective is assimilating a minor faction. Likewise the Omakar text is about finding "cheap labor" with a minor faction, but the objective is to have a presence on 5 worlds. Considering that the followup quest for Arrakyo (Business As Usual, Part 2) is still talking about planets, and Omakar (Business is Unusual) still talks about minor faction labor (plus the reward for Business is Unusual, Black Tax Authority, is only worthwhile if you plan on assimilating multiple minor factions.) I'm pretty sure the Arrakyo objective is suppose to be "have a presence on 5 worlds" while the Omakar is "assimilate a Minor faction"

0Send private message
7 years ago
Apr 3, 2017, 5:27:03 AM

Category:

Event ?

Name:

Lord of War

Description:

The quest path I chose called for raising three systems approval to 60% or more.  At the time I received the quest, all three were already at 100%.  The following turn the quest completed as expected.  However, all three systems continue to have flashing circles around them to highlight an active quest.  There are no other relevant quests, so I'm sure it's just left over from Lord of War.

Version:

0Send private message
7 years ago
Apr 4, 2017, 1:54:44 AM

Category

“Faction Quest”, “Minor Civilization Quest”, “Population Quest”, “Exploration Quest, “Events”, “Deeds”.

Name

Any Quest

Description

Clicking on the quest notification in top right corner or clicking the quests tab in the menu on the top left of the screen cause the game to freeze and crash. The screen freezes immediately upon clicking and the game then needs to be ended through the task manager. Using Windows 8.1 system 64-bit, Intel HD Graphics 3000, Core i5 520 processor.

Version

Updated 7 years ago.
0Send private message
7 years ago
Apr 4, 2017, 12:18:04 PM

Hello guys !

Rvm1975: Thanks for this save, it’s helpful. I saw different bugs on this quest, I’m currently working on them. I hope I’ll fix these soon.

McGruffs: Yes you’re right. I’ll fix that soon, thanks for the report.

Samsonazs: Thanks! It is the same problem as the one reported by Rvm, so, same answer J I’ll fix that soon.

LazyTitan: Thanks for the report!

Foefaller: Thanks for the report (and reading )! I’ll discuss that with the writers!

Shazaman23 : I’m sorry for that. I assume it comes from your specs. I relay that to the competent developers  Thanks for reporting, I’ll post here when I have a solution/an answer. J

Stl0369: Wow, that’s quite strange. Thanks for reporting. 

Quaedam

0Send private message
7 years ago
Apr 11, 2017, 10:26:21 AM

Category

Sophon's Faction Quest

Name

A Probe Alone (Part 2)

Description

In system when quest send me to analyze the anomaly, there is no anomaly. Before the quest was assigned there was an anomaly but when the quest pop up I had alredy analyzed. So the quest marked it's still here but the quest is blocked.

Screen

Updated 7 years ago.
0Send private message
7 years ago
Apr 11, 2017, 6:50:19 PM

Category

“Faction Quest”, 

Name

Craver Starting Quest

Description

simple as it is: the Questline does not start. I started to play the cravers and after some time i realized that the main questline did not start. It was after 40 rounds and i tried it again, played another craver game and again the questline did not start. 

Screen Attachment

Not mandatory but always useful

0Send private message
?

Click here to login

Comment
0Send private message