Logo Platform
logo amplifiers simplified
Endless Space 2
Universe banner wording

ENDLESS™ Space 2 is turn-based 4X space-strategy that launches players into the space colonization age of different civilizations within the ENDLESS™ Universe. Your Vision. Their Future.

[MAC] Diplomacy screen freezes the game

Copied to clipboard!
7 years ago
Aug 12, 2017, 12:07:36 AM

Hi there,

Please check the latest preview patch 1.036, and let us know if this fixes the issues. Please also try to run the game with "fastest" settings

Cheers,

Hi, it works for me now with the MacShaderTest and the fastest settings. It does however not work with the patch 1.036. I tried the 1.046 right before this fix and it didn't work. 

0Send private message
7 years ago
Jun 24, 2017, 3:15:28 PM

Hi Bost,

Many thanks for the information!

I clearly shoulda checked to make sure there were no glitches in ES2 before I bought it.  I'm in the same boat as (what looks like) a lot of people. 

For now, I'm hoping to use the work-around, but can't see the "button on their home planet."   Spare me a minute of your time and help me see that, please?  

bost wrote:

BTW, in case it is meaningful, the same macbook pro hardware hangs in the same place on windows 10 bootcamp (running in force opengl mode). Understand it is not a supported config, but I think may help rule out some OS-X specific. Speculating wildly, but maybe it is some kind of issue with an effect on that screen (the AI character hologram effect?) and the iris pro, retina displays (note running the game in various lower resolutions doesn't help), opengl, etc.

Workaround: Can access diplomacy directly with individual AI's by using the button on their home planet.

BTW the diplomacy screen hang is still there in .11 preview

0Send private message
7 years ago
Jul 3, 2017, 1:53:13 PM

Is there any update on this? 

It's difficult to preform the workaround because to get visability on the home planet, you have to send a scout out. That tend to annoy other factions. It would be useful to be able to access the 'button on their home planet' by clicking a member of their fleet. Or at least being able to respond to messages. 

0Send private message
7 years ago
Jul 26, 2017, 3:39:03 PM

Hey guys!
We are still working on this issue and we need your help: we are investigating a possible hardware compatibility problem.
For that, could you post a screenshot of your system configuration?
Like this:

Thanks for your help (we are not forgetting about you)

0Send private message
0Send private message0Send private message0Send private message
7 years ago
Aug 1, 2017, 8:33:00 AM

Ok, we tried a fix for this issue. Could you test it and tell me if you still have it or not?

For that, you need to start the game from a new version:

• Right click on the game in your Steam Library 
  • Select Properties
  • Select the Betas tab
  • Enter the password: MacShaderTest
  • The new build for the game will be available
  • Select the mactesting build in the drop down list

With this new version, you can load a previous save and try to access to the Diplomacy screen.
If you still have a freeze/crash, could you send me the Diagnostics and Output logs file?

Thanks for your help.

0Send private message
0Send private message0Send private message0Send private message
7 years ago
Aug 8, 2017, 2:29:24 PM

Nice to read :)
One last thing, for those who have the problem resolved with this fix, could you upload your player.log file in this thread (we need to check which system configurations are fixed).
in : User/YOUR_USER_NAME/Library/Logs/Unity/Player.log 
Thanks for your help!

0Send private message
7 years ago
Aug 11, 2017, 12:28:49 PM

Hi there,

Please check the latest preview patch 1.036, and let us know if this fixes the issues. Please also try to run the game with "fastest" settings

Cheers,

0Send private message
7 years ago
May 26, 2017, 10:48:52 AM

I experience the same exact behaviour. It is certainly 5/5 in reproducibility.
Interestingly, I was also playing with Sophons. Coincidence?

This was with version 1.0.5

Updated 7 years ago.
0Send private message
7 years ago
Aug 16, 2017, 3:59:31 PM

Hello there!
We are deploying an update for the "MacShaderTest" version of the game. This one will be updated in 1.036 with the fix for the Diplomacy Screen.
To reminder, we can't yet deploy this fix in the "general" 1.036 preview version, because we need to target the system configurations which needs this fix.
So, please, if you had this issue (you cannot access to the diplomacy screen), send us your "player.log" file :)
in : User/YOUR_USER_NAME/Library/Logs/Unity/Player.log 

To play with the fix andthe last update (1.0.36):

• Right click on the game in your Steam Library 
  • Select Properties
  • Select the Betas tab
  • Enter the password: MacShaderTest
  • The new build for the game will be available
  • Select the mactesting build in the drop down list

Thanks for your help!

Updated 7 years ago.
0Send private message
7 years ago
Aug 18, 2017, 8:34:13 PM

The diplomacy screen works now for me with the MacShaderTest version:

Here is the requested log:  Player.log

Visually the little holograms aren't awesome (I guess the shaders are disabled), but behaviorally it seems to be fully functional.

Updated 7 years ago.
0Send private message
0Send private message
7 years ago
Aug 22, 2017, 1:19:20 AM

Are you guys looking into that massive port-spawning behavior the other guy was talking about last week as a possible cause for the long-session crashes / memory-leak-like behavior?

Not sure which machines you're testing on, but to reproduce what I see you'd have to start a new game and play at least 30-40 turns.

Updated 7 years ago.
0Send private message
0Send private message
7 years ago
Aug 23, 2017, 3:14:10 AM

Awesome. Thanks to your whole team for trying to full-on tackle these macOS bugs. Much more likely to continue buying your games knowing this is how you approach things.

0Send private message
?

Click here to login

Comment
0Send private message