Logo Platform
logo amplifiers simplified
Endless Space 2
Universe banner wording

ENDLESS™ Space 2 is turn-based 4X space-strategy that launches players into the space colonization age of different civilizations within the ENDLESS™ Universe. Your Vision. Their Future.

UNFALLEN : Build Roots don't work after a conquest

Copied to clipboard!
7 years ago
May 25, 2017, 8:02:20 AM

Description

With the new Faction, Unfallen, I have come across with a bug that is critical for gameplay. After conquering 2 adjacent planets (probably means the same system) I cannot grow the vines which completely blocks the development of my empire since it is needed to create vines near one another.

In fact, the game shows me that I have the option to create vines (because of the adjacent system) and when I click to do that it looks completely fine. But, in the next turn the game automatically discards the order to grow the vines and resets the progression to grow the vines.'

Description in French (more accurate) : 

Avec la nouvelle faction, les "Persistants", j'ai rencontré un bug critique du point de vue gameplay.

Après avoir conquis 2 planètes (adjacentes), je ne peux plus faire grandir des racines, ce qui bloque complètement le développement de l'empire, puisqu'il faut construire les racines les unes à coté des autres.

En fait, le jeu me montre que j'ai le droit de construire les racines (car système adjacent), et lorsque je clique pour le faire, cela à l'air correct.

MAIS, dès le tour suivant, le jeu auto-abandonne l'action de construction et reset à zéro la progression de construction des racines.

Steps to Reproduce

I suppose it's dependent of conquest one (or two) system in a row before.

Reproducibility

5/5

Expected Behavior

I even don't know what should be behavior of this faction. But I suppose if game let me build a root, then it should work well !

Version

1.0.5 (French)

Notes

SEE SAVE. There is ships trying to build roots on systems with this bug.

Attachments

RootsDontWork.zip

Updated 7 years ago.
0Send private message
7 years ago
May 25, 2017, 8:16:13 AM

Description

'I don't have the words (in English) to say it, I will have to summarise in French.

With the new Faction, Unfallen, I have come across with a bug that is critical for gameplay. After conquering 2 adjacent planets (probably means the same system) I cannot grow the vines which completely blocks the development of my empire since it is needed to create vines near one another.

In fact, the game shows me that I have the option to create vines (because of the adjacent system) and when I click to do that it looks completely fine. But, in the next turn the game automatically discards the order to grow the vines and resets the progression to grow the vines.'

0Send private message
7 years ago
May 26, 2017, 7:48:37 AM
Witchi wrote:

Description

'I don't have the words (in English) to say it, I will have to summarise in French.

Thank you :!

I ve used you text, after an edit.

As this bug is confirmed from others players.

0Send private message
0Send private message
7 years ago
May 26, 2017, 12:22:49 PM

Hi guys!

I'm not sure I fully understand the issue here. Do you mean that you can't grow vines from a system to another after colonizing two planets within the first system?

If you could clarify the issue that would be very helpful - also actual steps to reproduce would help us a lot!

Thank you!

0Send private message
7 years ago
May 26, 2017, 3:11:01 PM
WeaponizedCaffeine wrote:

Hi guys!

I'm not sure I fully understand the issue here. Do you mean that you can't grow vines from a system to another after colonizing two planets within the first system?

If you could clarify the issue that would be very helpful - also actual steps to reproduce would help us a lot!

Thank you!

In general

I can't grow vines from a system to another although the new system(I want to grow) is beside the old system. The growing process will be canceled after I go to the next round and there are no alliance or emeny's ship in the system.

It happen after the emeny ships interrupt my growing process,when I take down the emeny's ships and make sure there's nothing in the system,it still can't grow vines in this system anymore

I tried to change the Vines ship,save & load the game,but it doesn't work

0Send private message
7 years ago
May 26, 2017, 4:30:15 PM

As far as I can tell there is a couple of bugs at work here:

1) When you invade a system as an Unfallen it is automatically entwined if possible (i.e. in range of your vine network) otherwise it is destroyed and you get nothing. There is a bug where if you invade a system that you previously owned, it becomes unentwined instead. Enchanteur I can tell from your save that's what happened to you on Virgo and Adana.

2) The "Implant Beacon" action cancels itself if done on star system that was once owned by another empire but has since been destroyed.

Both bugs will be fixed in the next patch.

In the meantime I have manually fixed your save Enchanteur: RootsDontWork - Fixed.zip

0Send private message
7 years ago
May 28, 2017, 8:55:31 PM

Hey guys, I have the same problem but my vines keep getting unintwined for no reason.. only past a certain system.. given up now though lol :P

0Send private message
7 years ago
May 29, 2017, 9:05:13 AM

I have encountered the same issue as the Unfallen. Reconquering one of my systems and trying to reconnect it to the root network makes the "implant beacon" action of tthe Vineship cancel itself at the end of a turn.

0Send private message
7 years ago
Jun 11, 2017, 4:46:24 PM

Edit:  Nevermind, according to changelog it's being addressed in patch 1.0.11.

Still having same problem (1.0.52 S5 Gold). System was not under my control and faction I've taken it from (Riftborn) is still alive. When I've conquered the system it was entwined, but it started unentwining itself from the network, now it's impossible to entwine. System is still under my control though, not destroyed. I cannot expand/conquer due to this, is this supposed to be fixed?

Updated 7 years ago.
0Send private message
7 years ago
Jul 11, 2017, 4:50:44 PM

Just encountered the issue... Painful when the system you want to entwine was home of another race :(

Entwined at least 3 times with no success. Just tell me if I can provide any more details

0Send private message
?

Click here to login

Comment
0Send private message