Logo Platform
logo amplifiers simplified
Endless Space 2
Universe banner wording

ENDLESS™ Space 2 is turn-based 4X space-strategy that launches players into the space colonization age of different civilizations within the ENDLESS™ Universe. Your Vision. Their Future.

Ship defenses do not appear to work for me

Copied to clipboard!
0Send private message0Send private message0Send private message
6 years ago
Feb 8, 2018, 12:47:29 PM

This partly explains why I have struggled against pirates, especially as vodyani where the first quest repeatedly destroys my ships tecked to counter them until I have overwhelming force... and a couple of pirates scared an arc quite a lot... And why the bar in my favour often seems to be wrong in practice!

Glad it's not a bug against the AI - but it would be good to be fixed.

0Send private message
0Send private message0Send private message
6 years ago
Dec 27, 2017, 1:35:24 PM

Just a bump to mention that this issue persists in the current preview build for 1.1.15 on Steam.

0Send private message
6 years ago
Dec 13, 2017, 5:16:16 PM

same for me. i haven't tested armor plating, but shields -- at least against pirates -- aren't working at all.

intitially i thought (hoped..) it was just a bug in the post-battle info, but they're clearly not working at all in the battles' damage calculations. i have a ship with 87% shield absorption and close to 6k shield capacity, and yet it immediately takes full hull damage from pirates who's firepower comes almost entirely from lasers.

i'd post screenshots, but it's been an issue in *all* battles against pirates (haven't had proper battles vs other empires yet), regardless of variables like enemy ship types, player ship types, player faction, fleet sizes, tech level, damage numbers, battle tactic used, mod(s) used, etc... so i don't think screenshots of any single battle are gonna give any useful info.

Updated 6 years ago.
0Send private message
6 years ago
Dec 13, 2017, 11:00:57 AM

I had a look again, and i can confirm, it is only the battle reports versus pirates that show this weird behaviour (at least as far as i can tell). The battle reports agains AI empire fleets is fine.

Makes one wonder why battles agains pirates are handled differently than any other space battle. And still curious if it is just the report that is wonky or if defenses realy dont work vs pirates... .... ...

Updated 6 years ago.
0Send private message
6 years ago
Nov 18, 2017, 4:46:52 PM

In my first game after the recent Galactic Statecraft update, I noticed that the defenses I put on my ships aren't reducing incoming damage. The shield bar in the scan view does not deplete when attacks hit my ships, and in the post battle report no damage is reported as having been reduced by either shields or armor.

This is only true for my ships. Enemy ships do enjoy reduced damage from defenses.

0Send private message
0Send private message
6 years ago
Dec 7, 2017, 9:08:28 PM

Early in my current game, the battle report for my fleets when they fought against pirates exhibited very strange behavior.  There would be 'gaps' in my damage done report (as if the bars weren't stacking properly) and there would seemingly be no damage reduction reported on the pirate's damage done report.

That being said, as soon as my fleets were fighting AI empires, the battle reports all started working properly and do indeed show damage reduction being applied to the enemy damage and the gaps in the bars went away.  I wish I still had a save game from earlier before all the pirates were cleared from the galaxy so I could test it out and get a screenshot.

-HP

0Send private message
6 years ago
Dec 7, 2017, 3:51:44 PM

Yeah, I've tried various things such as using different races, unsubscribing from all mods (I didn't have any activated in the first place though) and reinstalling the game after erasing all traces of it from my PC. Nothing helped. The defenses just don't seem to work.

0Send private message
6 years ago
Dec 7, 2017, 7:05:29 AM

Sorry for bumping this, but can anyone tell me if shields currently actually work (in solo vs AI)?

If so, why i cant seem to find any evidence of it in the after battle report, or during the battle?

Thanks

0Send private message
6 years ago
Nov 21, 2017, 2:09:58 AM

I noticed the same thing in my game. No mention of any reduction of incomming damage in the post battle report.

Is it just a matter of the reduction not being reporterted correctly anymore, or are defenses not working?

0Send private message
0Send private message
6 years ago
Nov 18, 2017, 5:14:17 PM

They most certainly are not. Here is the ship design:

It has Basic Monohull Plating and Improved Plasmal Shields.

The combat report:

At 28% armor and missile damage only (10% armor penetration), there should be a reduction bar 25.2% the size of the damage bar.

0Send private message
0Send private message
?

Click here to login

Comment
0Send private message