Logo Platform
logo amplifiers simplified
Endless Space 2
Universe banner wording

ENDLESS™ Space 2 is turn-based 4X space-strategy that launches players into the space colonization age of different civilizations within the ENDLESS™ Universe. Your Vision. Their Future.

Curiosity exploration screen always returns "Blatator IV" regardless of actual system name

Copied to clipboard!
6 years ago
Feb 23, 2018, 5:49:39 AM

Hi - I noticed a thread lower down speaking about the same bug but I felt that as it was not in the format requested I might make a new thread/add scrnshts.

• Summary / Title: Exploring a curiosity on any system always returns "expedition on Blatator IV successful" regardless of system name
  • Description: When I explore any curiosity successfully, I always receive a notification saying the expedition was on Blatator IV, even though I am not exploring in that system, and other parts of the notification are correct. 
  • Steps to Reproduce: 1. Explore a curiosity. 2. Observe screen. 
  • Reproducibility: 5/5
  • Expected Behavior: The notification should show the correct planet and system when the curiosity is explored.
  • Version: V1.2.11 S5 GOLD-Public

As the forum isn't allowing me to upload screenshots, here's a link to an imgur album: https://imgur.com/a/OtD6G

Previous thread on this issue:

https://www.games2gether.com/endless-space-2/forums/114-bug-reports/threads/29686-united-empire-anomaly-exploration-results-screen?page=1

Updated 6 years ago.
0Send private message
6 years ago
Feb 25, 2018, 1:08:36 PM

I observed the exact same issue last night on a new game.  What is interesting I a prior game worked fine without this bug.  One thing changed is a used a couple of new mods in the new game.  It could be connected to one of the mods.  

0Send private message
6 years ago
Feb 25, 2018, 1:14:26 PM

Are you using the G2G Balance Mod? I had the same stuff and I thought it was because of the mod.

0Send private message
6 years ago
Feb 25, 2018, 7:10:38 PM

Definitively not a mod related bug. I checked out the different languages, too. It happens to all of them. Bug fix is not related to language files, so some other files were edited last patch.

"Your expedition on Blatators IV's Atmospheric was successful!":

A second catch from community, what won't effect english language, but all other languages, for sure. Same here, not editable by language files.

"Unique Planet" would be correct (and was before latest patch) "Einzigartiger Planet" in german:

0Send private message
0Send private message
6 years ago
Feb 27, 2018, 5:27:06 PM

Can confirm, I just noticed this last night in my game after seeing this thread.  Not running any mods either.

0Send private message
?

Click here to login

Comment
0Send private message