Logo Platform
logo amplifiers simplified
Endless Space 2
Universe banner wording

ENDLESS™ Space 2 is turn-based 4X space-strategy that launches players into the space colonization age of different civilizations within the ENDLESS™ Universe. Your Vision. Their Future.

[PREVIEW] 1.0.4 Patch Notes

Copied to clipboard!
7 years ago
May 23, 2017, 3:28:35 AM

I can confirm the advanced battle screen bug as well. On the bright side, the stuttering in the late game seems better for me, but I did not get a chance to get through 100 turns tonight...

0Send private message
7 years ago
May 24, 2017, 9:41:13 AM
Ryski wrote:

Unfortunately I didn't have plays tv running so I didn't manage to capture it. As soon as I hit end turn the issue went away.

You can use the steam capture with F12. ;)

Updated 7 years ago.
0Send private message
0Send private message
7 years ago
May 23, 2017, 7:26:35 PM
AmpliMath wrote:
Ryski wrote:

It appears the advanced battle screen is broken on 1.04. I can't escape it or start the fight. Anyone else getting this bug?

Ryski, Belho, hera35,

Thanks for your feedback.

Can you please post the Diagnostics file where the error occured? Look for it in the Documents / Endless Space 2 / Temporary files folder. 

Edit : removed the AI probable cause, it could be something else.

Thanks

Hey sorry for the late reply, this should be the right diagnostics.

https://www.mediafire.com/?7ejvo7rr670s5zi

I've also encountered another weird bug where I got infinite diplomacy notifications from the Horatio. It only lasted one turn but it basically just kept spamming me with the same message. Unfortunately I didn't have plays tv running so I didn't manage to capture it. As soon as I hit end turn the issue went away.

0Send private message
7 years ago
May 23, 2017, 10:36:43 AM
Lexxx20 wrote:

When patch goes live will it work retrospectively or we should start the new game for these changes to kick in?

Always worth starting a new game. The patch won't be live for at least a week, I imagine, as QA has to make sure they don't break the game across a range of systems.

These are very much 'beta' patches, as you can tell by the very serious bugs present in them! If you're using these beta patches, be prepared for the bugs, and to report them where possible.

Updated 7 years ago.
0Send private message
7 years ago
May 23, 2017, 10:02:52 AM

When patch goes live will it work retrospectively or we should start the new game for these changes to kick in?

Updated 7 years ago.
0Send private message
7 years ago
May 23, 2017, 8:34:21 AM

Can  you please post the Diagnostics file where the error occured? Look for  it in the Documents / Endless Space 2 / Temporary files folder. 

It  may be that it is an AI bug which is causing the issue, preventing the  game from responding to actions such as starting a battle. If you are  not sure which Diagnostics file to send, look for the string "Failed to  execute contract" inside it. If you find, it means it is the same issue  and should hopefully be quick to fix.

Thanks

This should be the right file for when I was playing my Riftborn game before I wrote the post about the bugs. Longest session and biggest file size this day, plus it also has the string you mentioned. I can't upload it here directly ("Something went wrong. Try again?" error, maybe file size is too big for this forum?) so here's a mediafire link. If the fault is not with the string you mentioned, I created and reloaded saves (IIRC the "BUGGED.zip" should be the right one) the same turn the unresolved extra combat bug I described occurred (overwriting each time it occurred when I saved an reloaded the same turn), so if there's something wrong you can find there it should probably have occurred just before those saves.

https://www.mediafire.com/?rctsbfctjf191ug

I also tried replicating the bug, but didn't get the exact same one where instantly trying to auto-resolve caused the extra unresolvable combat. Instead, looking at advanced battle options, then coming back to basic battle screen and trying to solve the battle there now causes the same bug with extra combats and only the newest one can be solved. Likewise the "older" reduntant combat instances become unsolvable. Here's diagnostics of that in more forum friendly file size

Diagnostics - 2017'05'23 @1055'01''.html

Updated 7 years ago.
0Send private message
7 years ago
May 23, 2017, 7:37:04 AM
Ryski wrote:

It appears the advanced battle screen is broken on 1.04. I can't escape it or start the fight. Anyone else getting this bug?

Ryski, Belho, hera35,

Can you please post the Diagnostics file where the error occured? Look for it in the Documents / Endless Space 2 / Temporary files folder. 

Edit : removed the AI probable cause, it could be something else.

Thanks

Updated 7 years ago.
0Send private message
7 years ago
May 23, 2017, 4:30:42 AM

New game as Riftborn, I'm finding three new bugs with this preview patch:

1. Trying to fight any battle (without advanced options or watching, didn't try those) results in the fight triggering once again, and again. What this means is that only one battle is interactable and after you've solved it the turn refuses to pass (because there's one or more non-existent battles that you can't resolve holding it up). Fixed by saving and reloading the same turn. The number of repeating battles seems random (one time only one extra battle, one time there were three extras), though at least retreating seemed to work normally.

2. All my colonies seem to have stopped suffering from disapproval caused by colonizing disapproval increasing planet types altogether. Not sure at which point this happened. EDIT: I went back and reverted to normal, non-preview patch version and it seems all my old late game saves (V1.0.1 S5 GOLD-Public) are suffering from the same bug, so this bug likely isn't caused by the preview patch and is affecting the latest public patch as well. I tried starting new games, and all the approval penalties applied normally as expected, so there is something unknown that at some point removes all planet type approval penalties from system approval calculation.

Comparison: New Horatio game vs. Won Horatio game (former has -5 from planet, latter has no approval maluses from any of the planets)

The bug itself isn't limited to Horatio and seems to affect all factions; my old public patch UE save has the same issue, as does the new Riftborn game started with preview patch (screenshot below with another bug).

Save file of latter (public patch)

HORATIO WON APPROVAL.zip

Not sure whether the next one was caused by this preview patch or was here before:

3. Building the wonder "Endless Research Park and EndlessWorld" applies +25 Approval bonus on all owned systems. Not sure whether this is intended effect or supposed to only give bonus on the system it's built in. The bonus is also incorrectly titled "Obelisks of All Space-Time" (the name of the victory wonder).

Save in case (preview patch)

three bugs.zip

Updated 7 years ago.
0Send private message
7 years ago
May 23, 2017, 4:09:39 AM

I can't even get into the basic ground battle with Watch off. Permanently breaks the savegame and requires a re-load and foregoing the attack. Sad that this game is so broken, or it'd actually be amazing.

0Send private message
7 years ago
May 22, 2017, 7:43:28 PM

Hey everyone,

Thank you all for your feedback and  reports. We’ve been working hard in the past few days to get this patch  up for you but as a [b]preview[/b] first before going live on the public  version.

How to access this 1.0.4 version:

• Right click on the game in your Steam Library
  • Go to the "Betas" tab
  • Select the 1.0.4 Preview version in the drown-down list

DISCLAIMER: The 1.0.4 is not yet available on Mac. We are working on it and we'll try to deliver the version as soon as possible.

[1.0.4] Patch Notes

[WIP]

• Destroying a gas planet is not going to trigger the cinematic – The FX will be visible in the galaxy view though
  • AI pondering feedback in the negotiation screen is WIP

[FIXES]

• Fixed an issue with the Cravers Prime ship skin: it can now be used in custom factions with the Cravers affinity
  • Fixed an issue with the Implant Beacon battle action which was unavailable because the fleet was erroneously considered "busy"
  • Fixed an issue with the end of turn timer not resolving encounters
  • Fixed  an issue in multiplayer where players remained stuck in the loading  screen after quitting to main menu if they used custom factions created  by the host
  • Fixed an issue with custom factions that couldn’t be created with more than 7 faction traits in Multiplayer
  • Fixed some diplomacy localisation lines for Custom Factions
  • Fixed an issue with minor factions spending all their Dust on colonisation that they couldn't achieve
  • Fixed an issue with saves with broken deposits
  • Players won’t be able to save during the end turn anymore
  • Fixed vined systems bonus/malus only applied to Unfallen
  • Fixed an issue with troops count
  • Fixed an issue with the Unfallen vine action feedback which was displayed for all orbiting fleets
  • Fixed an issue in Multiplayer where the nodes discovery status of remote players was not properly saved by the host
  • Added  a failure tooltip in galaxy view to inform the user when the  curiosities that he wants to explore with probes are already in the  queue construction
  • Fixed an issue on the Asian font which corrupted them overtime
  • Fixed double click on ship allowing to see ship design even if ship is not editable or hidden
  • Fixed an issue with the feedback of Third Vodyani population collection bonus
  • Fixed the Amateur and Kingpin Executive traits
  • Fixed the Center of Light and Life and Harmony of the Heart improvements  which had incorrect pre-requisites, allowing them to be built multiple  times
  • Fixed an exploit with technologies: they can’t be traded to prevent Scientific Victory exploits
  • Removed Home System Depletion from the Cravers Affinity to move it to the population trait Extreme Foremen
  • Changed the faction trait "Strange but Bad" faction trait cost from 10 to -10
  • Fixed Apathetic/Fervent colonists traits
  • Fixed Blockade Breakers trait
  • Added the Naturalists population trait
  • Fixed the Singularity creation and destruction sound effects
  • Fixed the Luxuries Lottery system improvement
  • Fixed the Righteous Fury law
  • Fixed an issue where the failure condition didn't work properly in a  competitive quest when players were the first to colonise a system
  • Fixed an issue with a parasitic sound heard during the beginning of turn

[BALANCING]

• Reduced the effect of the Vodyani Dust for Alms improvement from 25% to 50% of Dust converted into Essence
  • Changed the Papers Please hero skill: increased manpower refill rate gain on skills
  • Changed the Conscription Genius hero skill: doubled manpower gain
  • Changed the Bespoke Arms hero skill: increased damage given to the hero ship
  • Changed the Sensitive Systems hero skill: changed vision range bonus from % to flat
  • Fixed the Infallible Authority hero skill: it is now not as strong
  • Increased the Riftborn coloniser cost, as they do not have to manage migration to outpost
  • Decreased Cravers depletion points per turn from +2 to +1
  • Added a temporary bonus to population collection level 3 for the Lumeris
  • Fixed Permanent Monsoon tooltip: it now displays -10 Happiness
  • Wonders & Unique buildings are now impacted by the game speed
  • Fixed an issue that made conquest victory require a lower percentage of the galaxy to win while in an alliance

[AI]

• Fixed the AI abusive migration
  • Fixed an issue with the AI stuck in an infinite battle
  • Added transitions so the AI is not stuck in war when Peace or an Alliance is signed

[TUTORIAL]

• Fixed an issue where 3 conflicting tutorial windows were displayed in the star system view
  • Fixed an issue where in the Beginner tutorial the empire screen was displayed 1 turn too early.
  • Fixed an issue where the laws tutorial window was displayed even in galaxy view
  • Fixed an issue with the battle tutorial that remained stuck

[QUESTS]

• Fixed an issue where the Academy quest chapter 1.1 didn't resolve like a normal competitive quest
  • Fixed an issue where the Academy quest on minor factions didn't trigger the next quest after it failed
  • Fixed an issue where spawning fleets to destroy in Academy Quest 3-B were too far from the Academy
  • Added a missing pre-requisite to the pre-Metaplot Academy quests to make sure Academy must be found in the first place
  • Fixed an issue with the 10/10 With Spice quest: it will now be triggered only after the 50th turn (in normal speed)

Enjoy!

0Send private message
7 years ago
May 23, 2017, 1:52:51 AM
Ryski wrote:

I just had this bug too, it's a shame :(

0Send private message
7 years ago
May 23, 2017, 12:59:09 AM

0Send private message
7 years ago
May 23, 2017, 12:40:39 AM
Hagakure wrote:

Looking good but I have to ask; is the final Academy quest in-game yet? Post cut-scene?
0% of all people online via steam have the achievement yet, so are we missing a final step, or?

Various Academy quests as of current full patch are broken in various ways (link, link), making them uncompletable. At least this beta patch's fix

• Fixed an issue where the Academy quest on minor factions didn't trigger the next quest after it failed

doesn't seem to fix my old saves' "Build the Academy" quest. Tried both ones already bugged to "0 turns", and ones where I've started the quest but haven't hit 0 turns yet, with the same result. I also noticed only now that the quest lists my current minor faction pop contribution as -26 at rank 8th despite having tons of minor faction pops in reality. This negative number that I have no idea where it comes from would explain why the quest amount was actively decreasing over the course of the game.

Haven't got a save right now where the said quest is still completely unstarted, so I guess I'll start a fresh new game.

Updated 7 years ago.
0Send private message
0Send private message
7 years ago
May 22, 2017, 10:04:03 PM
Hagakure wrote:

Looking good but I have to ask; is the final Academy quest in-game yet? Post cut-scene?

0% of all people online via steam have the achievement yet, so are we missing a final step, or?

I am wondering this too.

I have discovered and colonized the Academy system. I am nearing the 100th turn. Still no Academy quest :s

0Send private message
7 years ago
May 22, 2017, 9:07:26 PM

Updated 7 years ago.
0Send private message
7 years ago
May 22, 2017, 8:53:35 PM
  • Fixed the Center of Light and Life and Harmony of the Heart improvements  which had incorrect pre-requisites, allowing them to be built multiple  times
Steph'nie wrote:

Hi Steph'nie,

This bug looks like it exists in 1.0.4 for the Lumeris' Workers Camps too.

Updated 7 years ago.
0Send private message
0Send private message
?

Click here to login

Comment
0Send private message