Logo Platform
logo amplifiers simplified
Endless Space 2
Universe banner wording

ENDLESS™ Space 2 is turn-based 4X space-strategy that launches players into the space colonization age of different civilizations within the ENDLESS™ Universe. Your Vision. Their Future.

AI moves population too much

Copied to clipboard!
7 years ago
May 20, 2017, 11:00:08 AM

I was playing a game on hard and noticed the game was starting to lag at the end and start of turns and thought it was just my PC. But when I allied with the Unfallen granting me vision I saw this.

That's a lot of ships and roughly 90% of those are just population. This kept up for the entire game and I can't see it being necessary for the AI to do this. Also when in an alliance every time someone in the alliance moves a  ship it makes a noise which can get rather grating. Anyone else having problems with this or just me?

Updated 7 years ago.
0Send private message
7 years ago
May 21, 2017, 9:51:02 AM

Yeah I think logistic ships need to be optimised late game as they are very bad visual and CPU clutter.

0Send private message
7 years ago
May 21, 2017, 10:34:16 AM

I remember everyone was asking for logistics ships and more "alive" galaxy.

But it seems if they are the reason for game stuttering after turn 60, and turning to crawl by turn 100, then please either fix the performance of this, or give an option to remove the visual of civilians.

0Send private message
7 years ago
May 21, 2017, 11:05:18 AM
ReimaNS wrote:

I was playing a game on hard and noticed the game was starting to lag at the end and start of turns and thought it was just my PC. But when I allied with the Unfallen granting me vision I saw this.

That's a lot of ships and roughly 90% of those are just population. This kept up for the entire game and I can't see it being necessary for the AI to do this. Also when in an alliance every time someone in the alliance moves a  ship it makes a noise which can get rather grating. Anyone else having problems with this or just me?

There are a lot of big bonuses for empire wide pop management. The entire system needs a rework. Beside this performance hog issue it also is incredibly tedious, inconvenient and exploitable. The UI is non-existent for this and no automation at all.

Here's the thread I made on other issues with current system: link

0Send private message
7 years ago
May 23, 2017, 11:05:05 AM

We're aware of the AI going overboard with the civilian ships.

We've been working on a fix - I don't have an ETA though

I'll see with a programmer :D

Cheers,

0Send private message
7 years ago
May 23, 2017, 9:00:30 PM
WeaponizedCaffeine wrote:

We're aware of the AI going overboard with the civilian ships.

We've been working on a fix - I don't have an ETA though

I'll see with a programmer :D

Cheers,

Alright, thanks a bunch.

0Send private message
?

Click here to login

Comment
0Send private message