Logo Platform
logo amplifiers simplified
Endless Space 2
Universe banner wording

ENDLESS™ Space 2 is turn-based 4X space-strategy that launches players into the space colonization age of different civilizations within the ENDLESS™ Universe. Your Vision. Their Future.

Stuck in loading screen after faction choice.

Copied to clipboard!
7 years ago
May 19, 2017, 3:09:47 PM

Hello,

I can't start a game i'm stuck on the loading screen after the faction choice.
When the loading bar end , nothing happen i have to kill the game for quit.

Verify cache are OK , I reinstall the game but still same issue.

I was not in the early access.

Here file asked by Saturo in the steam forum:

output_log.txt  Registry.xml

My config :
Win 10
I7-3820 CPU 3.60GGHz 64 Bit
8.00 Go RAM
Geforce GTX 970

Thx.

0Send private message
7 years ago
May 19, 2017, 3:25:22 PM

Is it just me or do heaps of people have problems with NVidia cards. I still havent been able to play too, 10 days and counting :(

0Send private message
0Send private message
7 years ago
May 21, 2017, 8:26:08 AM

Hi Taurus,

So I have looked into the files you sent. 

This is weird because you have everything you need to launch the game properly. Your graphic card is very good (some members of the dev team use the same), and the driver is up to date or mostly. Our graphics engineer suggested that there may something wrong with the Nvidia May drivers, in conjunctionwith ES2, but that is only a speculation so far.

I have looked into your ourput.log file. The quest initiaites the quests of the game, and then something goes wrong with the game cameras. If you could send your Diagnotics file as well (it is located in your documents/Endless Space 2/TEmporary files folder.

Are you using an exotic setup, like 4 screens, or 3 graphic cards? If this is the case, can you reduce to 1 screen and 1 card for the sake of putting that out of the equation?

Cheers

0Send private message
0Send private message
7 years ago
May 21, 2017, 9:07:10 AM

OK so from what I read, the game cannot load the AI dll. Our AI runs in a separate DLL, and it seems the file cannot be found or is corrupted.

Can you check the two files Amplitude.AI.Common.dll and Amplitude.AI.Loader.dll in your steam installation (programs/Steam/steamapps/common/Endless Space 2/EndlessSpace2_Data/Managed? 

On my preview1.03 version, Amplitude.AI.Common.Dll has a size of 139 776 bytes, while Amplitude.AI.Loader.dll has a size of 7 680 bytes. Both are dated from May 18th.

You can try to verify your cache integrity in Steam : Properties / Local Files / Verify Integrity Of Game Files. Or you can delete both dll, and try to verify the integrity to re-download the files.

Let me know what you find.

Cheers,

0Send private message
7 years ago
May 21, 2017, 9:22:17 AM

I have check the 2 files there are as you say from may 18th and have the same size.

I have verify integrity on steam but that change nothing.

So i just delete both DLL , steam re-download file is OK  but when i try to launch a game same problem again.

0Send private message
7 years ago
May 21, 2017, 9:28:58 AM

Maybe it is a question of having the rights to open these files? Do you have privilegied access to this computer?

0Send private message
7 years ago
May 21, 2017, 9:39:26 AM

Just a thought : what is your full game installation path, from "C" or "D" to Endless Space 2?

Could you have installed Steam in a directory containing exotic characters? This could explain why the Endless Space 2 code cannot access the DLL file.

0Send private message
7 years ago
May 21, 2017, 9:43:05 AM

I am reading this in the Diagnostics file:

file:///E:/Jeux_installés/Steam/steamapps/common/Endless Space 2

I am wondering if the "é" character (je suis Français aussi :)) is not improperly understood, resulting in the impossibility to access the AI dll.

0Send private message
7 years ago
May 21, 2017, 12:30:54 PM
AmpliMath wrote:

OK so from what I read, the game cannot load the AI dll. Our AI runs in a separate DLL, and it seems the file cannot be found or is corrupted.

Can you check the two files Amplitude.AI.Common.dll and Amplitude.AI.Loader.dll in your steam installation (programs/Steam/steamapps/common/Endless Space 2/EndlessSpace2_Data/Managed? 

On my preview1.03 version, Amplitude.AI.Common.Dll has a size of 139 776 bytes, while Amplitude.AI.Loader.dll has a size of 7 680 bytes. Both are dated from May 18th.

You can try to verify your cache integrity in Steam : Properties / Local Files / Verify Integrity Of Game Files. Or you can delete both dll, and try to verify the integrity to re-download the files.

Let me know what you find.

Cheers,

ty.. now it work

0Send private message
7 years ago
May 21, 2017, 3:47:47 PM

Hi 

I have change "é" by "e" but now steam can't detect all the game in this directory... and when i go back and re-replace by "é" steam still can't find anything. ( WTF steam ??? )

Anyway, I'll try to re-installe the game in other directory , I tell you tomorrow morning if it's work.

Merci beaucoup :)

0Send private message
7 years ago
May 22, 2017, 8:06:25 AM

Hi  

So...  the game finally works "insert joy here" !!!

The problem was , has you say , the "é" character in my created folder... ( E:/Jeux_installés/Steam/steamapps... )

No need to re-installe  the game , i just create a new "steamapps" folder with no special ascii characters ( by using steam=>Paramètres=>Téléchargements=>Dossiers steam) and copy/past all the file in it. Re-installe the game in another folder certainly works I guess...

Just be careful steam don't like renaming folder ( see previous post ), create a new one is apparently better.

And guess what, another game who don't work is fine now. xD   

Sorry if I'm not being very clear , it's hard for me to explain in English. But i think the fundamental is here.

Finally big thanks to AmpliMatch/Dev_team who find the "pot aux roses".

Thanks and good game !

Merci et bon jeu !

See You Space Cowboy...              

0Send private message
?

Click here to login

Comment
0Send private message