Logo Platform
logo amplifiers simplified
Endless Space 2
Universe banner wording

ENDLESS™ Space 2 is turn-based 4X space-strategy that launches players into the space colonization age of different civilizations within the ENDLESS™ Universe. Your Vision. Their Future.

Example Mods

Copied to clipboard!
7 years ago
May 18, 2017, 2:57:06 PM

Hello Everyone,

We have made two example of mods for you guys to start fooling around before the update tomorrow. in the next couple weeks we will try to share some manuals to help you out. 

But I am sure that for some of you, there should be already quite a lot of stuff to have fun with.

Mod 1: 

ExampleTechnology.zip

Mod 2:

ExampleReskin

These mods are already in the workshop for you to enjoy :)

But you can also, if you want to unpack these files in a folder called "community" in your ES2 users folder (C:\Users\USERNAME\Documents\Endless Space 2\Community for instance)

In that case they would be your local mods and will be distinguished from the steam workshop mods.

Good luck guys!

Spacetroll

0Send private message
7 years ago
May 18, 2017, 5:07:23 PM

The Technology example looks great! I had a hard time to find how to include the damn image back on EL, you have most of the elements in the XML manifest if not all and with some commented examples! To me that's the best documentation ^^

0Send private message
7 years ago
May 18, 2017, 6:37:11 PM

Great!

How are files attached to a post in the new G2G beta?

Drag and drop used to work but now it tries to open the file in the browser.

0Send private message
7 years ago
May 19, 2017, 1:18:50 PM

you say they are available in the workshop, even though you cant access the workshop outside or inside the game yet. Also are there any tools for creating mods, or do we have to figure that out ourselves?

Updated 7 years ago.
0Send private message
7 years ago
May 19, 2017, 8:49:44 PM

The Workshop only just became available today.

Once you create a mod place it in the community folder as explained above, when you enter the game and look at your local mod you will have the option of uploading your mod to the workshop, its an icon to the right of your mod entry.

0Send private message
7 years ago
May 19, 2017, 11:09:18 PM

BTW SpaceTroll I assume you posted the files on the workshop as I_AM_ENFER, just as heads up people are claiming they contain ransomware.

I expect these are just people trolling but thought you might want to know.

0Send private message
7 years ago
May 21, 2017, 4:40:59 AM

Hey just here to ask, how to delete links (the exclusion of T2Ship Hulls and strategic resources modules) because all i read is about how to add not overwrite or delete.

0Send private message
7 years ago
May 21, 2017, 8:26:43 AM

Hi, it's great !

I start to be motivate for modding ES2. But I don't have time, so i will have to wait some weeks, and I still have to end a big mod on Endless Legend, So it will get priority.

I already have a nice mod idea ;-)

0Send private message
7 years ago
May 28, 2017, 1:50:03 PM

Hello, could you release an example faction with a new custom FactionAffinity and a custom faction population ? I have troubles to find how I add what I need to modify and how to add them in the selection list. Thx !

Updated 7 years ago.
0Send private message
7 years ago
May 28, 2017, 2:02:45 PM
allikrid wrote:

Hello, could you release an example faction with a new custom FactionAffinity and a custom faction population ? I have troubles to find what I need to modify.

I could probably do that, I will post a new thread about it in a hour or two if I can

Edit: I tried to do a complete example faction mod but not all the files for making a faction are currently moddable

Mapping\StandardAtlasBuilderMapping[Fx].xml

Simulation\Battles\EditorEncounterFlotillaDefinitions.xml

Battles\RealizationPoolShots\RealizationShotsDefinitions[*].xml

Simulation\Battles\ShipDesignTemplateDefinitions.xml

Simulation\PersonalityDefinitions.xml

Simulation\PoliticsDefinitions.xml

Tutorials\TutorialDefinitions[*].xml

All contain unsupported datatypes.

Updated 7 years ago.
0Send private message
7 years ago
May 29, 2017, 11:32:12 AM

Thank you ! I'll look.

Edit : Oh, sorry, thought that was what Dagart posted about Faction traits

Updated 7 years ago.
0Send private message
0Send private message
7 years ago
Jun 22, 2017, 1:10:58 AM

I'm trying to understand this, but how would I add a starting technology as a trait?

0Send private message
7 years ago
Jun 22, 2017, 10:08:53 AM
CX1 wrote:

I'm trying to understand this, but how would I add a starting technology as a trait?

First See my Thread on making a custom trait

Making a custom trait that adds a trait is easier than most traits, you don't need to add a simulation Descriptor

So lets look at the FactionTraitTechnologyDefinitionEmpireDevelopment2 trait

It gives the tech TechnologyDefinitionEmpireDevelopment2 (Planetary Landscaping)

This is in the file %installFolder%/Endless Space 2/Public/Simulation/FactionTraits[Major].xml (Line 743)

<FactionTrait Name="FactionTraitTechnologyDefinitionEmpireDevelopment2"SubCategory="FactionTrait"TraitCategory="TraitCategoryStartingTechnology" TraitSubCategory="FactionTraitTechnologyDefinitionEmpireDevelopment2"Family="FactionTraitFamilyStartingTechnologies" Hidden="false"Custom="true"Cost="10">
<Command Name="UnlockTechnology"Arguments="TechnologyDefinitionEmpireDevelopment2"/>
<SimulationDescriptorReference
Name="FactionTraitTechnologyDefinitionEmpireDevelopment2"/>
</FactionTrait>

The Important line here is the <Command Name="UnlockTechnology"Arguments="TechnologyDefinitionEmpireDevelopment2"/>

This line will set a technology to be unlocked. This line is all you need to add to make a trait unlock a technology, changing the argument to the technology you want to unlock

0Send private message
7 years ago
Aug 6, 2017, 7:44:41 PM

How does one go about adding entirely new meshes and textures to the game - as opposed to remapping existing ones?

0Send private message
7 years ago
Oct 6, 2017, 4:37:22 PM

i tried to import the game mesh to 3dsmax ( i did this to know the anim length and to see if there any helpers/dummy for module placement ).. but there are no animation... has any one tried it also?

any tools or importer that working correctly? os is it just not possible to add new model in to the game currently?

0Send private message
?

Click here to login

Comment
0Send private message