Logo Platform
logo amplifiers simplified
Endless Space 2
Universe banner wording

ENDLESS™ Space 2 is turn-based 4X space-strategy that launches players into the space colonization age of different civilizations within the ENDLESS™ Universe. Your Vision. Their Future.

Endless Romance

Copied to clipboard!
6 years ago
Dec 24, 2017, 9:14:09 PM

Painting space backgrounds is turning out to be a real pleasure.
I feel like I am painting clouds and fog, but the colors makes the experience so intense!
I am having a lot of fun creating with @lilyophelia <3  

Updated 6 years ago.
0Send private message
6 years ago
Jan 2, 2018, 10:50:02 PM

( the illustration is still a work in progress)

I hope everyone has a wonderful and productive year.  

For me, 2018 is another year to buckle down and continue to solidify the foundations of my long-term goals.
I look forward to capturing every opportunity the days ahead have to offer.  

I am very excited that my artist friend might join us!  
Years back, we used to do a bunch of collaborations together.
But as we got older, my relationship with time changed very drastically.
Time became a precious resource, and free time a luxury.

Because of that, collaborations turned into something of the past.  

But this project reminds me of those days when we would get together, brainstorm and go wild on our canvases.

I do hope to see her on the team and create with her again <3

I have a ton of fun creating these fun stories with @lilyophelia  Its a wonderful change of pace.
It gives me a chance to create things I wouldn't typically do. (Zombies and spaceships!)
Science Fiction is so much fun.  

Updated 6 years ago.
0Send private message
6 years ago
Jan 2, 2018, 9:43:18 PM

Okay, so news! 

We're pushing Update 1.3 - The Warship right now, and it adds a new adventure, with 7 events, 13 choices, 4 endings, and 3 illustrations.  

From the teaser:

Hunt down a stealthy enemy shuttle. 

Capture prisoners and interrogate them for information. 

Uncover their secret mission and make an important diplomatic choice. 

Confiscate an advanced vessel of war. 

Endure a viral outbreak. 

We have been working so incredibly hard!  

It takes a phenomenal amount of work to put out these quests. Right now we're each logging ~30 hours per week on this project. On top of that, it has been horribly cold where we live, and it's been a fairly miserable week. *sobs*

One brick at a time.

While most people probably aren't as invested as we are in this little, story mod, we really enjoy taking an organized, disciplined approach to it. We're very creative people, and modding ES2 allows us to create purely for pleasure. We have some pretty big dreams!

At the same time, we know that it's easy for big dreams to go unfulfilled. The reality is that projects like this are most likely to be abandoned before they ever reach a finalized state.

So we just do our best to keep putting one foot in front of the other; to go one update at time.

It is our hope that after 2 months; 6 months; 1 year; 2 years (and so on) the quest content will just keep piling up. 

If we can keep getting that next update out, then eventually this mod is going to be very deep, rich, fun and impressive!

Coming Soon!

Our next update, on Jan 9th, will not have a new quest. I'm going to give myself the week to get the History system worked out and implemented. There's also some work to do with randomized quests. We're going to try to put a signifcant number of histories out with next week's update. Once we have the structure worked out, it should be really fast to add these in as we write new quest lines.

We may have to take another break like this one to get our final feature--new heroes--implemented.

Hopefully those additional features feel exciting and crunchy enough to warrant taking up their own update.

Oh, and we might get a new artist on the team!

One last, super exciting piece of news is that we might be getting another long-time, personal artist friend on board to do some additional artwork for us. She's amazing! She is primarily a traditional artist. If she decides to sign up, we'll definitely start including her work in the mod.

---

And that's it for us for this week. Happy New Year and thanks again for your interest and support!

Updated 6 years ago.
0Send private message
6 years ago
Jan 2, 2018, 9:18:57 PM

@WeaponizedCaffeine

I'm so bad, I totally haven't played the game, but I bet it's a funny reference! I know Ivy has played some Left4Dead and it's somewhere on the list of games that we'd like to play together, but probably will never get the chance to play. ; ;

Thank you for sharing the reference, though. I hope someone gets a smile out of it! <3

0Send private message
0Send private message
6 years ago
Jan 2, 2018, 12:50:34 AM

Zombie sickness

0Send private message
6 years ago
Jan 1, 2018, 9:28:51 PM

This is a lot of fun.

Doing this ignites a desire to draw mecha.

Updated 6 years ago.
0Send private message
6 years ago
Jan 1, 2018, 1:20:43 PM

We hope to push a new quest update tomorrow (Tuesday) at 2PM; we might not release a new quest the following week, because we've had trouble getting around to the History system.

The cold and the holidays and being super busy with real life has been slowing us down a bit.

So I think the Jan 9th update will be the release of the History system (which gives us lots of time to put out a lot of new buildings).

We might try to get the new heroes (plus a new quest) set up for the 16th of January!

Happy New Year if you celebrate it now!

0Send private message
6 years ago
Dec 27, 2017, 12:10:56 AM

This week we have a new quest to share, called Temporal Anomaly. It's the pattern we're going to follow with each weekly update, unless we have something huge to release (like a new character plotweb).

From the mod description page:

Temporal Anomaly: Investigate strange flashes of light at the edge of one of your systems. Do your best to avoid a mysterious black hole. Investigate a derelict, ghost ship. New Adventure, adding more than 3 Events, 5 Choices, 4 Endings, and 5 Illustrations. Dec 2017

Also, I want to share a big, new feature we're going to try to get in next Tuesday.

We're calling it the History system.

Basically, they're going to be thematic, mini-wonder-buildings that fit with the events that you choose (or happen to you) during your adventures and stories.

They're technically buildings that provide both a flat bonus and a scaling bonus (ex. +5 Dust & +1% Dust).

The idea, however, is that they actually reflect the history of your particular systems or Empire. It's similar to the the events that ES2 already has, but they are generally smaller, permanent, scaling bonuses (sometimes with drawbacks) that are a lot more thematic, with supporting story text, etc.

We're also looking at getting some new heroes in as well sometime in mid-January.

Finally, if you're interested in helping us localize for other languages, we have a Discord channel set up, and you can send me a PM and we'll get you involved.

That's it for us this week. Thanks again for your feedback, ideas and support!

Link @ Steam: http://steamcommunity.com/sharedfiles/filedetails/?id=1221844082

Updated 6 years ago.
0Send private message
6 years ago
Dec 26, 2017, 11:55:37 PM

Localization is turning out to be very time-consuming for me. I think I'm spending like 3-4 hours/week just juggling different language files. We're going to try to delay the localization and work on a better system of getting clean translations into the game.

0Send private message
6 years ago
Dec 26, 2017, 11:54:01 PM

Endless Romance is a high-quality quest mod that adds a massive amount of new story and depth to your ES2 playthroughs.

New updates every week: Tuesdays @2PM PST

---------
Features
---------

Character Plot Webs: Adds deep, fleshed out (and romanceable) characters to your ES2 playthroughs.

Adventures: Adds shorter quest lines that inject interesting events, mysteries, stories and dillemas into your ES2 games.

History System: Adds a large assortment of buildable histories, based on your story choices during your playthrough of Endless Romance. Histories are like mini-wonder buildings that provide a thematic bonus (flat + scaling) and make your empire feel more personalized and storied. Coming Jan 2nd, 2018!

New Heroes: Recruit the characters you meet in stories to govern your worlds and guide your fleets. Coming mid-Jan, 2018.

--------
Content
--------

Aurelia: Meet a charming, golden-eyed trade princess and her people. Save (or exploit) her crew when they ask for help. Form a trade alliance, resettle them as refugees on your homeworld, or maybe just process them for food or dust. Take Aurelia on as an advisor or a lover. Visit an uninhabited, primal moon and forge a deep bond based on love, trust and mutual respect. New Character Plot Web, adding more than 26 Events, 67 Choices, 11 Endings, and 5 Illustrations. Dec 2017.

Temporal Anomaly: Investigate strange flashes of light at the edge of one of your systems. Do your best to avoid a mysterious black hole. Investigate a derelict, ghost ship. New Adventure, adding more than 3 Events, 5 Choices, 4 Endings, and 5 Illustrations. Dec 2017

------------
Next Update
------------

Jan 2nd @ 2PM PST

* The Warship; New Adevnture!
* History system; first iteration.

-------------
Coming Soon!
-------------

Future characters to include: Viktor (Nihilistic War General); a dark Vodyani goddess; a Riftborn developing emotions/personality; a pacifist, vegan Craver scientist who is always hungry; an Unfallen flapper-girl that loves sarcastic poetry

New adventures weekly!

New histories for all Endless Romance characters and Quests

New heroes.

--------
Credits
--------

Story, writing and coding by lilyophelia (project lead)
Story and artwork by IvyFetish
French localization by: archlordluc; shavounet; Marlo
German localization by Ptah
Russian localization by BadBecauseMad

If you'd like to join one of our wonderful localization teams, please get in touch!

0Send private message
6 years ago
Dec 24, 2017, 9:14:55 PM

Just a quick update; we've been doing a lot of work on the back end of our mod to get multiple quests starting randomly.

Also, we're look at a new feature we're going to call Histories. They're basically mini-wonder buildings that are unlocked via your choices during events; you can build them one time in your empire for a small, thematic bonus. We'll look at custom heroes once we have the History system worked out.

As always, Update Tues ~2PM PST with a new quest line (Temporal Anomaly) and lots of new art this week!

---

And wow, such sexy artwork! I am so lucky that I get to watch you make this stuff all the time. You are beyond amazing! <3

0Send private message
6 years ago
Jan 4, 2018, 1:53:17 PM
lilyophelia wrote:

@WeaponizedCaffeine

I'm so bad, I totally haven't played the game, but I bet it's a funny reference! I know Ivy has played some Left4Dead and it's somewhere on the list of games that we'd like to play together, but probably will never get the chance to play. ; ;

Thank you for sharing the reference, though. I hope someone gets a smile out of it! <3

Well you should definitely play it! Call it.. um... Research material!

0Send private message
6 years ago
Dec 22, 2017, 9:10:48 AM

Someone asked: 

"An Unfallen "Flapper" Girl? WTF is that?"

---

And here was the fun response I thought I'd share here:

So it's just an idea atm, which is where everything starts. But she'd be Unfallen, and into other cultures. Probably a dark, comedic poet of some kind (a la Dorothy Parker). And she'd probably visually reflect the style of that time (maybe tassle-fronds of some kind) and she would totally be a smoker that would use a long, cigarette pipe. So that's an idea we believed would be super fun and clever.

Dorothy Parker: https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Dorothy_Parker 
Flapper: https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Flapper 
Cigarette Pipe: https://www.pinterest.com/pin/267542034093009352/

0Send private message
6 years ago
Dec 21, 2017, 7:46:27 PM

Aww, so pretty!

Just a head's up, I have heard that the localization is not showing up if you play in a non-English language. I'm going to make sure this is fixed for next Tuesday's update, but until then, you might want to play it in English. Super sorry for the inconvenience; still kind of learning how the localization stuff works.

Even when it is fixed, some of the story will still be non-translated. There's a lot of text, and the translation people are doing their best with it.

If you want to help out, we'd love to get you involved!

0Send private message
6 years ago
Dec 21, 2017, 7:43:50 PM

I enjoy painting space <3 

Updated 6 years ago.
0Send private message
6 years ago
Dec 19, 2017, 11:15:08 PM

Aww, so pretty. We're on different computer so it's always the first time for me, seeing this up close when she posts it here. I love it!

---

Okay, so v1.1 - Aurelia Update is live! Her storyline is complete, but we will be adding polish and a few other quests in over time.

Starting next week, we'll be doing weekly updates with minor quests (called adventures) to buy us some breathing room. We'll do more big character releases as well, spread out many, many weeks apart.

To be sustainable, we have to make this a marathon and not a sprint.

Hope you guys enjoy!

0Send private message
6 years ago
Dec 19, 2017, 7:24:07 PM

A Black Hole.
Already working on next week's update. 

0Send private message
6 years ago
Dec 19, 2017, 9:01:17 AM

I love how they came out. Thank you for making such lovely art! <3

0Send private message
6 years ago