Logo Platform
logo amplifiers simplified
Endless Space 2
Universe banner wording

ENDLESS™ Space 2 is turn-based 4X space-strategy that launches players into the space colonization age of different civilizations within the ENDLESS™ Universe. Your Vision. Their Future.

Endless Space 2 unofficial Card game. Release v.1.0.0

Copied to clipboard!
6 years ago
Jul 29, 2018, 8:39:55 AM

So this is situation: About 2 years ago I've made a working prototype of the tabletop game. It was a tech-fantasy PvP game inspired by Endless Legend. I've made test assets, combined them into one test build and then playtested it until found stable values for all game objects. It became quite nice stratagy game with a lot of depth, gaming oportunities and replayability.
And then I've tried to publish it through our tabletop-games-publishers, but all of them declined simply because of comercial reasons and trends. Well, I forgot about game for pretty long time, but now, I've decided that I don't want those hundred hours of work to die in vain.

UPDATE:

So, I've done it. The first version of the card game. 

Attention! You need Tabletop Simulator to be able to play this game.

The ES2 Card game RELEASED in Tabletop Simulator Workshop.

LINK

Screenshots:

Updated 6 years ago.
0Send private message
6 years ago
Jul 29, 2018, 2:56:17 PM

That's how it's cards can look. Right now the most pain in the ass is those little images like industry, attack and so on. It's just a prototype design. I once again saying this: the game balance and stats are done. But still I'm not sure should I do this game as Endless Space 2 Boardgame or not.

Updated 6 years ago.
0Send private message
6 years ago
Jul 30, 2018, 8:03:07 AM

Curiosity, you mean card game or tabletop with building constructions and so? I would like to see it done, If Amplitude make it oficially I buy it for sure. And you need help just to obtain images from the game? as taking a screenshot for that or you want extract them from the data?

0Send private message
6 years ago
Jul 30, 2018, 1:14:53 PM

I mean tabletop game with cards, where you will fight other player or players trying to destroy their base. Units, building construction and improvment, and so on.
I need assets from game data because cutting things from screenshots is REALLY annoying and slow. As I already said I need arts for cards, I need icons and so on.

Updated 6 years ago.
0Send private message
0Send private message
6 years ago
Jul 30, 2018, 2:24:58 PM

Thank you. I'll look it through after work. Then today I'll continue to make cards. (Maybe even with stream just to show you all the process and thats all of it is true). Keep attention to twitch "creative" :)

0Send private message
0Send private message
6 years ago
Jul 30, 2018, 7:05:32 PM

There are some arts In lower resolution, wich I can't find in higher one. For example picture for tanks. Can someone suggest good replacer?

Also about game itself:

6 types of cards:
Attack orders, (10x3) 10 types, 3 copies of each. Maybe copies would be a bit adjusted to improve diversity
Defencive orders (10x3) 10 types, 3 copies of each. Maybe copies would be a bit adjusted to improve diversity
Support orders (10x3) 10 types, 3 copies of each. Maybe copies would be a bit adjusted to improve diversity
Units (24 types 3 units per 8 factions)
Barracks (buildings for creating units)
Support buildings for orders and units

Also: 2-4 boards-motherships.

Industry, Dust and science generators - allow to gain those resources, can be improved and destroyed
Shield generators - defence system of your mothership can be improved and destroyed
Capacitor - your max. stock of all resources. Can be improved.

Core - essential system. Can be improved and destroyed if destroyed - game loosed.

Updated 6 years ago.
0Send private message
6 years ago
Jul 30, 2018, 8:01:26 PM

I can't help with much of this, but for names, it should be; 

Sheredyn Guards

Lumerian Hero (there's no lore-friendly indication of an "Elite" though you could use his family name, Lancellum since that Lumerian family has a record of distinguished military service), Lumerian Mercenaries, Lumerian Rangers, etc. 

0Send private message
6 years ago
Jul 30, 2018, 8:09:00 PM
Suis3i wrote:

I can't help with much of this, but for names, it should be; 

Sheredyn Guards

Lumerian Hero (there's no lore-friendly indication of an "Elite" though you could use his family name, Lancellum since that Lumerian family has a record of distinguished military service), Lumerian Mercenaries, Lumerian Rangers, etc. 

Thanks. I'll fix that later

0Send private message
6 years ago
Jul 31, 2018, 8:40:32 PM

Some new cards. Need lore-friendly names and wording-check. I'm not very proficient in English. Also fixed cards above.
16 units left?
Upd: Woops. Noticed those bugs with cravers cards. Fixed already.

Updated 6 years ago.
0Send private message
6 years ago
Aug 1, 2018, 2:13:37 AM

Craver Drones (you don't need the extra "'s", same goes for the Sophons), Craver Soldiers (You can actually find the names of different Craver classes within their Stratocracy when looking at the ships; there are Craver Drones, Foragers, Soldiers, Workers, Bishops, Guards, and the Queen). 

Cravers Prime can be called that or a Wasp. 

That's a specific Sophon Scientist who appears in a quest. You could still use the name or change it to the characters name, the Cartographer. 

Those aren't Sophon soldiers but Mavros (The Mavros are genetic cousins of the Sophon) Engineers. So you could put Mavros Soldiers. Frankly, I think these images more accurately reflect a Mavrosian soldier but that's up to you. 

The last image is the Sophon Triumvirate (who are the leaders of Sophon society). There are actually images of Sophon Heroes on Artstation (that link will take you to all Endless Space 2 art found on Artstation). 

0Send private message
6 years ago
Aug 1, 2018, 6:08:57 AM
Suis3i wrote:

Craver Drones (you don't need the extra "'s", same goes for the Sophons), Craver Soldiers (You can actually find the names of different Craver classes within their Stratocracy when looking at the ships; there are Craver Drones, Foragers, Soldiers, Workers, Bishops, Guards, and the Queen). 

Cravers Prime can be called that or a Wasp. 

That's a specific Sophon Scientist who appears in a quest. You could still use the name or change it to the characters name, the Cartographer. 

Those aren't Sophon soldiers but Mavros (The Mavros are genetic cousins of the Sophon) Engineers. So you could put Mavros Soldiers. Frankly, I think these images more accurately reflect a Mavrosian soldier but that's up to you. 

The last image is the Sophon Triumvirate (who are the leaders of Sophon society). There are actually images of Sophon Heroes on Artstation (that link will take you to all Endless Space 2 art found on Artstation). 

Thanks for help, I fixed it. I mostly play ES2 as "gamplay-based" game, so, some parts of lore are a bit unfammiliar to me.
Also need names for 3 unfallen units and 3 riftborn units.

Updated 6 years ago.
0Send private message
6 years ago
Aug 1, 2018, 6:01:51 PM

Well creatures are done. They need to be fixed ofc. Next I'll make some player-sheets
Also I need some pictures of MEGA-SHIPS for that.

Updated 6 years ago.
0Send private message
6 years ago
Aug 2, 2018, 8:32:34 AM

Here the prototype of the Behemoth layout (player-sheet). Main systems wich can be upgraded - on the right. On the left there will be Behemoth itself with marks for support modules - they are cards. Good enough? (too see picture - RMB and open in new tab)

Updated 6 years ago.
0Send private message
6 years ago
Aug 2, 2018, 10:16:25 AM

A few things about card design:

- i'd remove the grey dust icon near the "Cost", it might be confusing, the word itself is informative enough;

- not sure about the info icon;

- too much padding creating a lot of empty space, especially in information area - you probably should make the text bigger, it might be even of different size for different cards, that's ok;

- inline icons should have the size about the same as the text they're in, +/- 2px - the "Cost" icons may be smaller than the numbers near them to not occupy too much space(currently science icon is too big);

- i'd change the style of card type icons so it's not just a white food/industry/etc - perhaps putting it as a semi-transparent background for the info box could work;

- have you tried different colors and fonts? i'd try changing info to FiraSans (used for lore text in the game) and the important cost-stats numbers color to #d4b7aa, which is nearly the color of System Improvements effects;

- if you want to use the in-game font for headers and stuff, it's SSPro (https://fonts.google.com/specimen/Source+Sans+Pro);

- also, it's Mavros, not Mavoros [:

Now, the table:

- i don't think The Church approves the usage of the Alms for Essence image for Dust Gatherer;

- again, white dust icon can be misleading - is it supposed to be an upkeep icon or...what is it?

End of Feedback

Updated 6 years ago.
0Send private message
6 years ago
Aug 2, 2018, 10:47:23 AM
AeonIndustries wrote:

A few things about card design:

- i'd remove the grey dust icon near the "Cost", it might be confusing, the word itself is informative enough;

- not sure about the info icon;

- too much padding creating a lot of empty space, especially in information area - you probably should make the text bigger, it might be even of different size for different cards, that's ok;

- inline icons should have the size about the same as the text they're in, +/- 2px - the "Cost" icons may be smaller than the numbers near them to not occupy too much space(currently science icon is too big);

- i'd change the style of card type icons so it's not just a white food/industry/etc - perhaps putting it as a semi-transparent background for the info box could work;

- have you tried different colors and fonts? i'd try changing info to FiraSans (used for lore text in the game) and the important cost-stats numbers color to #d4b7aa, which is nearly the color of System Improvements effects;

- if you want to use the in-game font for headers and stuff, it's SSPro (https://fonts.google.com/specimen/Source+Sans+Pro);

- also, it's Mavros, not Mavoros [:

Now, the table:

- i don't think The Church approves the usage of the Alms for Essence image for Dust Gatherer;

- again, white dust icon can be misleading - is it supposed to be an upkeep icon or...what is it?

End of Feedback

I don't think that dust icon should be removed. It's a marker for a block and I don't think you would be confused ingame because of it - cost are always colored and much easier to notice/

Info Icon also a block marker. I don't won't to make texts in information area bigger until further playtesting, because traits can change and right now it's not so important (I've already playtested it, as I've said, but the more rhe better). I'll resize texts when there will be final version of it.
I'll fix size of icons. They are a bit large, I agree.
I don't think that making card type a background image is a good idea - it's to different from overall videogame UI design. But maybe I should move it somewhere else.

All colors I picked from game interface itself. I've tried #d4b7aa but it became harder to read text with this color, so I think I should leave white for better contrast.
I've changed fonts for SSPro for card name and FiraSans for everything else and it looks better, thanks. I didn't know wich fonts the game uses.
And I fixed Mavros, sorry for mistake.

About table:
Maybe The Church doesn't approve the usage of AfE, but I hadn't find suitable picture yet. After all it's a prototype for table design. I'll be glad if you find something more suitable.
And I totally forgot about upkeep icon. My bad. This is a column for module upgrade costs.

Updated 6 years ago.
0Send private message
0Send private message
6 years ago
Aug 2, 2018, 6:06:13 PM

Version with improved fonts. Stat-icons downscaled a bit. Maybe should make trait-text bold

Updated 6 years ago.
0Send private message
0Send private message
?

Click here to login

Comment
0Send private message