Logo Platform
logo amplifiers simplified
Endless Space
Universe banner wording

ENDLESS™ Space is a turn-based 4X strategy game, covering the space colonization age in the ENDLESS™ Universe. You control every aspect of your civilization as you strive for galactic dominion.

Crash on launch [MAC] - Help us help you! - [WORKAROUNDS FOUND]

Copied to clipboard!
10 years ago
Mar 13, 2014, 3:49:19 AM
I am currently experiencing this problem with my MacBookPro, ES was working fine and dandy up until a few days ago where i keep getting this problem, which pops up with a dialog loop saying ES quite unexpectedly. Specs bellow.

MacBookPro 15"

Processor 2.3 GHz Intel Core i7

Memory 4 GB 1600 MHz DDR3

Graphics NVIDIA GeForce GT 650M 512 MB

Software OS X 10.9.2
Player.log.zip
0Send private message
11 years ago
Aug 11, 2013, 3:29:09 AM
@ Damnos, I'm 95% sure that a saved application state folder is never required for an application to run. If the folder doesn't exist, OSX creates a new folder when the app successfully loads, and it automatically saves the state of the app when it quits (or force quits.) Perhaps you tried deleting the folder for the earlier fix, and you just haven't gotten it working since then, so there hasn't been an "application state" for OSX to back up in a save file, so to speak.
0Send private message
11 years ago
Aug 13, 2013, 1:57:03 AM
@gsabram, you are probably correct as far as not needing an application state folder for anything to run, I will also direct you (if you have not looked at it yet) to this link: http://steamcommunity.com/app/233720/discussions/0/846958724709409743/

My OS originally was 10.6.8 (I believe) and I upgraded to Mountain lion, the folder in question did not exist in the previous OS so as far as finding a workable short cut, there isn't currently one at the moment. Which is a bit of a conundrum. If it does exist, it is currently invisible and I am not sure how to access it.

UPDATE.

Decided to create the folder 'Saved Application State' and place it within the Library Folder, then within that folder created another folder called 'unity.AMPLITUDE Studios.Endless Space.savedState.'

Proceeded to load ES.

Attempt 1. Got to a 'black screen' then it crash, this being more than I had seen in days prompted me further

Attempt 2. Got to the first spinning logo, loading froze and had to force quit

Attempt 3. Got to the ES banner when it froze had to force quit

Attempt 4. Fully loaded the game and everything seems to be as before.

So like the pole vaulter, I just kept going till I overcame my block.

As far as I can tell, it's working by 'Magic' as there is no other reason why this should work.

If anyone else is running a pre OS 10.7 system, try this to see if it works.
0Send private message
11 years ago
Oct 19, 2013, 7:18:27 AM
I have the exact same problem since I first installed this game. Disabling Steam Community In-Game fixed the issue for me.

My machine have firewall disabled all along. I didn't try enabling firewall as I'm running some other software which doesn't work well with the firewall.

I have grabbed a crash report when I cmd+Q it: Crash Report.txt
0Send private message
11 years ago
Nov 2, 2013, 10:01:15 PM
Hi

Retreat Bug is not fixed. I have the new Imac 2013 and it constantly crashes on retreat on manual fight.
0Send private message
10 years ago
Dec 24, 2013, 1:32:32 PM
Bonjour,

Au lancement de Endless space, une fenêtre noire apparaît puis plus rien. Si je veux quitter Steam, un message me demande de quitter Endless space, pourtant celui ci n'est pas dans la liste des applications actives.

iMac

Identifiant du modèle♥: iMac13,1

Nom du processeur♥: Intel Core i7

Vitesse du processeur♥: 3,1 GHz

Nombre de processeurs♥: 1

Nombre total de cœurs♥: 4

Cache de niveau 2 (par cœur)♥: 256 Ko

Cache de niveau 3♥: 8 Mo

Mémoire♥: 8 Go

Version de la ROM de démarrage♥: IM131.010A.B05

Version SMC (système)♥: 2.9f5

NVIDIA GeForce GT 650M♥:

Jeu de composants♥: NVIDIA GeForce GT 650M

Type♥: Processeur graphique (GPU)

Bus♥: PCIe

Longueur de la voie PCIe♥: x16

VRAM (totale)♥: 512 Mo

Fournisseur♥: NVIDIA (0x10de)

Identifiant du périphérique♥: 0x0fd5

Identifiant de révision♥: 0x00a2

Révision de la ROM♥: 3707

Moniteurs♥:

iMac♥:

Type de moniteur♥: LCD

Résolution♥: 1920 x 1080

Profondeur de pixels♥: Couleurs 32 bits (ARGB8888)

Moniteur principal♥: Oui

Miroir♥: Désactivé

Connecté♥: Oui

Intégré♥: Oui

Type de connexion♥: DisplayPort

Nom BSD♥: disk0

Type de média♥: SSD

Prise en charge de TRIM♥: Oui

Type de carte de partition♥: GPT (Tableau de partition GUID)

État S.M.A.R.T.♥: Vérifié

Volumes♥:

EFI♥:

Capacité♥: 209,7 Mo (209♥715♥200 octets)

Nom BSD♥: disk0s1

Contenu♥: EFI

disk0s2♥:

Capacité♥: 120,99 Go (120♥988♥852♥224 octets)

Nom BSD♥: disk0s2

Contenu♥: Apple_CoreStorage

Boot OS X♥:

Capacité♥: 134,2 Mo (134♥217♥728 octets)

Nom BSD♥: disk0s3

Contenu♥: Apple_Boot

UUID du volume♥: F43BA9A2-3947-3BBA-BE19-D8E28EBD798D

Merci de l'aide

Cordialement
0Send private message
10 years ago
Jan 1, 2014, 10:56:40 PM
Being a sucker for Master of Orion and other similar games I bought Endless Space from Steam Holiday sales last week, and was very disappointed when the game consistently froze in the very first Amplitude logo animation at the exact moment Steam overlay notification should appear, and I would have to force kill the game. I did, however, get the game running after some trying, and wondered a while what I actually did.

The game seems to start when I have a video player running in web browser. Once the game is running I can close everything else and everything in the game works just fine, including Steam overlay. Disabling Steam community seems to help as well, but then I would have to do without all the Steam stuff. So, it's most definitely something related to the overlay.

Loving the hell out of the game, hopefully it gets fixed!

Specs:

MacBook Air 13" (Mid-2013)

1.8GHz i5 / HD 4000 512MB

8GB RAM

OS X 10.7.5

And here's my Player.log (didn't get upload working without renaming the file): log.txt
0Send private message
10 years ago
Jan 6, 2014, 9:00:06 AM
Hi there! I picked up my copy of Endless Space in this season's Steam Winter Sale, but so far I haven't been able to get my game to play. I can get past the opening logos and to the main menu. All of the menus seem to work fine, as do the background graphics and music. I can set up a new single player game (haven't tried anything besides single player yet) and launch it. After that a loading screen is displayed for a couple seconds before the screen goes black, indefinitely and I have to force quit the application to back out of it. I've tried launching a game four times, and the same thing happens each time. After the second attempt I change the Steam in-game overlay setting, but that didn't seem to change anything. I'll list my computer's specs below, and hopefully someone can help me get to the bottom of how to play what looks like a pretty fun game.

MacBook Pro 13" from mid-2010

2.66 GHz Intel Core 2 Duo

8GB RAM

NVIDIA GeForce 320M 256 MB

OSX 10.9.1

Having some trouble uploading the full .log file, but here is an excerpt from the end, maybe that'll help:

Loading Military Screen with resolution 1280x800

(Filename: /Applications/buildAgent/work/7535de4ca26c26ac/Runtime/ExportGenerated/MacStandalonePlayer/UnityEngineDebug.cpp Line: 54)

[ApplicationState_InGame] Begin

(Filename: /Applications/buildAgent/work/7535de4ca26c26ac/Runtime/ExportGenerated/MacStandalonePlayer/UnityEngineDebug.cpp Line: 54)

rom...

[GameState_Begin] RunAsync: setting up the random seed (880559446).

[OutGameView] UnloadScene: destroying the scene to free some resources.

(switching to 'GalaxyView')

Thanks in advance for any assistance!
0Send private message
10 years ago
Jan 10, 2014, 2:50:19 PM
No intro movie, nothing, just this:

Process: Endless Space [561]

Path: /Users/USER/Library/Application Support/Steam/*/Endless Space.app/Contents/MacOS/Endless Space

Identifier: unity.AMPLITUDE Studios.Endless Space

Version: Unity Player version 4.1.2f1 (4.1.2f1)

Code Type: X86 (Native)

Parent Process: launchd [139]

Responsible: Endless Space [561]

User ID: 501

Date/Time: 2014-01-10 14:48:23.737 +0000

OS Version: Mac OS X 10.9.1 (13B42)

Report Version: 11

Anonymous UUID: 59491C66-9ACE-8024-8967-CA8D9856DE5B

Crashed Thread: 0 Dispatch queue: com.apple.main-thread

Exception Type: EXC_BAD_ACCESS (SIGBUS)

Exception Codes: KERN_PROTECTION_FAILURE at 0x0000000000000088

VM Regions Near 0x88:

--> __PAGEZERO 0000000000000000-0000000000001000 [4K] ---/--- SM=NUL /Users/USER/Library/Application Support/Steam/*/Endless Space.app/Contents/MacOS/Endless Space

__TEXT 0000000000001000-0000000000ba6000 [11.6M] r-x/rwx SM=COW /Users/USER/Library/Application Support/Steam/*/Endless Space.app/Contents/MacOS/Endless Space

etc, etc, etc...

Oh and here's my mac specs.. I hope this is enough information

I REALLY loved playing the game WHILE it worked. Funny that it doesn't anymore... in fact, it happened sometime around when I upgraded my mac operating system from 7 to 10... wonder if that has anything to do with it...

Hardware Overview:

Model Name: MacBook Pro

Model Identifier: MacBookPro7,1

Processor Name: Intel Core 2 Duo

Processor Speed: 2.4 GHz

Number of Processors: 1

Total Number of Cores: 2

L2 Cache: 3 MB

Memory: 4 GB

Bus Speed: 1.07 GHz

Boot ROM Version: MBP71.0039.B0B

SMC Version (system): 1.62f7

Serial Number (system): WQ032MXRATM

Hardware UUID: B5D0D9D7-D578-5DC6-B884-A5381928537C

Sudden Motion Sensor:

State: Enabled
0Send private message
10 years ago
Jan 16, 2014, 6:48:15 AM
As far as I can tell the game crashes on attempt to launch. On Steam, I get three passwords (I mean, REALLY?) Then when I click on "play" I can see in my launch bar that Endless Space is starting, then it just crashes. I get no screen, no nothing, to enter any of the three passwords Steam has given me. I would like my money back for this game. 1.) I HATE Steam. I don't like paying for things i don't really own. 2.) The game won't even launch. I have basically just given you money for NOTHING. I want it back. 3.) Now I have Steam and this program literally all over my hard drive tucked away into folders in my library and documents folder and applications folder. I am more than a little irritated. So I would prefer my money back for the game. If that can't be done, then I would like specific instructions on how I can even start it. If I can't start it, I demand my money back.

I have a Mac Pro Mid 2012, 16 GB of RAM, Two HD 5770 Video Cards and am running OS 10.6.8 and Mavericks.
0Send private message
10 years ago
Jan 17, 2014, 6:01:53 PM
L.S.,

My copy of Endless Space + disharmony (the steam winter sale package) has been working fine, up until a few days ago. Since then it crashes when I start the game via Steam. Not even an Endless Space screen, just an immediate crash.

Sadly I cannot seem to add crashlog as the forum finds my rtf file invalid.

Specs: I own a 1.3 GHz Intel Core i5 MacBook Air with upgraded RAM and running it on OSX Lion (10.8.5)
0Send private message
10 years ago
Jan 20, 2014, 11:17:36 AM
Achyoota wrote:
No intro movie, nothing, just this:

CRPgaming wrote:
L.S.,

My copy of Endless Space + disharmony (the steam winter sale package) has been working fine, up until a few days ago. Since then it crashes when I start the game via Steam. Not even an Endless Space screen, just an immediate crash.

Before you guys went and posted this, did you try what was written in the OP? You simply need to delete the saved application state (basically stuck on a crash) and the game then launches without a problem
0Send private message
10 years ago
Jan 20, 2014, 11:25:27 AM
Steph'nie there been a quite a few problems reported for the newest Mac Os 10.9 Mavericks. I am wondering if this OS is considered supported by the version of Unity that ES uses?

DarkMeph
0Send private message
11 years ago
Aug 11, 2013, 3:18:43 AM
The app bounces in the dock a few times, and an ES Window opens. But as it expands into fullscreen mode it crashes every time, without any error message.

I began to have issues last night after I decided to try out the latest Beta, posted on the Endless Space subreddit. I opted into the Beta via steam and the crashes began. I've obviously opted out of the Beta and deleted all my local files, and reinstalled, but to no avail. I've moved my Saved Application State folder to the trash. I've also tried disabling the in-game overlay. Here are my specs:

iMac Mid-2010

Memory 8 GB 1333 MHz DDR3

Graphics ATI Radeon HD 5670 512 MB

Software OS X 10.8.4 (12E55)

I also found some lines of code which might be relevant while I was poking around the console for clues in Library/Logs/Unity/Player.log :

[Bootloader] version: 1.01.09 - 03

[Bootloader] command line: /Users/gsabram/Library/Application Support/Steam/SteamApps/common/Endless Space/Endless Space.app/Contents/MacOS/Endless Space -single-instance

[S_APIFAIL] SteamAPI_Init() failed; ipcserver GetSteamPath failed.

[S_APIFAIL] SteamAPI_Init() failed; unable to locate a running instance of Steam, or a local steamclient.dll.
0Send private message
10 years ago
Mar 13, 2014, 3:58:47 AM
Scratch that fixed it
0Send private message
10 years ago
Mar 25, 2014, 10:01:08 AM
Hi,

I purchased the game via Steam two days ago. Starting the game for the first time worked fine. But the game crashed after about 10 minutes playing showing the multicolored Mac OS wheel. Steam crashed too. I had to force quit both (Shift+Cmd+ESC). Starting the game again didn't work, it hung up after the two company movies/logos.

Meanwhile I tried all the proposed solutions in this forum with the following results:

- A new installation of Steam and ES helped, the game starts. But, again, after a few minutes of playing it hung up.

- Deactivating all network connections for the game in Steam (right click on ES in the library->preferences) doesn't change anything. Playing ES offline doesn't help, too.

- Removing ES preferences (user/library/preferences) helps. The game starts again, but it crashes again after a few minutes of playing.

- By now, even removing the preferences file doesn't help. The game won't start.

- So I tried to remove the ES preference file AND both registry.xml files (user/library/ApllicationSupport/Steam/SteamApps/common/EndlessSpace/EndlessSpace(opened the package)/contents/Public AND Public_xp1). With the result that the game started again. But after a few minutes of playing the game hung up again.

- Removing ONLY the unity.AMPLITUDE Studios.Endless Space.savedState folder from user/library/Saved Apllication State sometimes helps, sometimes not. Removing/deleting further files like the ES preference file and/or both registry.xml files together with the unity.AMPLITUDE Studios.Endless Space.savedState folder ALWAYS helps. "Helps" just means that the game will start again properly.

- BUT: no matter what I tried so far, the best result is that I am able to play ES for a few minutes before it hangs up. Obviously this is not a matter of actions being done in the game. It is a matter of time. I can start ES, leave it alone for a few minutes not touching anything and it will hang up, too.

- Further I found out that there seems to be a discrepancy between the file windows.plist in the folder unity.AMPLITUDE Studios.Endless Space.savedState, the ES preference file and both registry.xml files. They all imply different information about fullscreen on or off, resolution and so on. After the game crashed again I didn't remove any of these files. Instead I edited them with text edit and inserted the same information (resolution a.s.o.) in all files – I adapted them. After this the game started well although it crashed before. First time the the game has done this. But again, after a few minutes of playing the game hung up again.

That's my experience so far. I hope this helps and you will be able to fix this very soon. Because paying 35 Euros for a game that's absolutely useless in this condition is pretty annoying.

iMac 27, end 2009

3,33 GHz Intel Core 2 Duo

8 GB 1067 MHz DDR3

ATI Radeon HD 4850 512 MB

OS X 10.9.2
0Send private message
10 years ago
Mar 25, 2014, 10:04:54 AM
Oh sorry, implementing the Player.log file didn't work. Here as text:

[Code]Initialize engine version: 4.1.2f1 (911c7369eeac)

GfxDevice: creating device client; threaded=1

OpenGL:

Version: OpenGL 2.1 [2.1ATI-8.24.11]

Renderer: ATI Radeon HD 4850 OpenGL Engine

Vendor: ATI Technologies Inc.

VRAM: 512 MB

Extensions: GL_ARB_color_buffer_float GL_ARB_depth_buffer_float GL_ARB_depth_clamp GL_ARB_depth_texture GL_ARB_draw_buffers GL_ARB_draw_elements_base_vertex GL_ARB_draw_instanced GL_ARB_fragment_program GL_ARB_fragment_program_shadow GL_ARB_fragment_shader GL_ARB_framebuffer_object GL_ARB_framebuffer_sRGB GL_ARB_half_float_pixel GL_ARB_half_float_vertex GL_ARB_imaging GL_ARB_instanced_arrays GL_ARB_multisample GL_ARB_multitexture GL_ARB_occlusion_query GL_ARB_pixel_buffer_object GL_ARB_point_parameters GL_ARB_point_sprite GL_ARB_provoking_vertex GL_ARB_seamless_cube_map GL_ARB_shader_objects GL_ARB_shader_texture_lod GL_ARB_shading_language_100 GL_ARB_shadow GL_ARB_shadow_ambient GL_ARB_sync GL_ARB_texture_border_clamp GL_ARB_texture_compression GL_ARB_texture_compression_rgtc GL_ARB_texture_cube_map GL_ARB_texture_env_add GL_ARB_texture_env_combine GL_ARB_texture_env_crossbar GL_ARB_texture_env_dot3 GL_ARB_texture_float GL_ARB_texture_mirrored_repeat GL_ARB_texture_non_power_of_two GL_ARB_texture_rectangle GL_ARB_texture_rg GL_ARB_transpose_matrix GL_ARB_vertex_array_bgra GL_ARB_vertex_blend GL_ARB_vertex_buffer_object GL_ARB_vertex_program GL_ARB_vertex_shader GL_ARB_window_pos GL_EXT_abgr GL_EXT_bgra GL_EXT_bindable_uniform GL_EXT_blend_color GL_EXT_blend_equation_separate GL_EXT_blend_func_separate GL_EXT_blend_minmax GL_EXT_blend_subtract GL_EXT_clip_volume_hint GL_EXT_compiled_vertex_array GL_EXT_debug_label GL_EXT_debug_marker GL_EXT_draw_buffers2 GL_EXT_draw_range_elements GL_EXT_fog_coord GL_EXT_framebuffer_blit GL_EXT_framebuffer_multisample GL_EXT_framebuffer_object GL_EXT_framebuffer_sRGB GL_EXT_geometry_shader4 GL_EXT_gpu_program_parameters GL_EXT_gpu_shader4 GL_EXT_multi_draw_arrays GL_EXT_packed_depth_stencil GL_EXT_packed_float GL_EXT_provoking_vertex GL_EXT_rescale_normal GL_EXT_secondary_color GL_EXT_separate_specular_color GL_EXT_shadow_funcs GL_EXT_stencil_two_side GL_EXT_stencil_wrap GL_EXT_texture_array GL_EXT_texture_compression_dxt1 GL_EXT_texture_compression_s3tc GL_EXT_texture_env_add GL_EXT_texture_filter_anisotropic GL_EXT_texture_integer GL_EXT_texture_lod_bias GL_EXT_texture_mirror_clamp GL_EXT_texture_rectangle GL_EXT_texture_shared_exponent GL_EXT_texture_sRGB GL_EXT_texture_sRGB_decode GL_EXT_timer_query GL_EXT_transform_feedback GL_EXT_vertex_array_bgra GL_APPLE_aux_depth_stencil GL_APPLE_client_storage GL_APPLE_element_array GL_APPLE_fence GL_APPLE_float_pixels GL_APPLE_flush_buffer_range GL_APPLE_flush_render GL_APPLE_object_purgeable GL_APPLE_packed_pixels GL_APPLE_pixel_buffer GL_APPLE_rgb_422 GL_APPLE_row_bytes GL_APPLE_specular_vector GL_APPLE_texture_range GL_APPLE_transform_hint GL_APPLE_vertex_array_object GL_APPLE_vertex_array_range GL_APPLE_vertex_point_size GL_APPLE_vertex_program_evaluators GL_APPLE_ycbcr_422 GL_ATI_blend_equation_separate GL_ATI_blend_weighted_minmax GL_ATI_separate_stencil GL_ATI_texture_compression_3dc GL_ATI_texture_env_combine3 GL_ATI_texture_float GL_ATI_texture_mirror_once GL_IBM_rasterpos_clip GL_NV_blend_square GL_NV_conditional_render GL_NV_depth_clamp GL_NV_fog_distance GL_NV_light_max_exponent GL_NV_texgen_reflection GL_NV_texture_barrier GL_SGI_color_matrix GL_SGIS_generate_mipmap GL_SGIS_texture_edge_clamp GL_SGIS_texture_lod

GL: buggy packed depth stencil; Deferred rendering will use slower rendering path

Begin MonoManager ReloadAssembly

Platform assembly: /Users/Jane/Library/Application Support/Steam/SteamApps/common/Endless Space/Endless Space.app/Contents/Data/Managed/UnityEngine.dll (this message is harmless)

Loading /Users/Jane/Library/Application Support/Steam/SteamApps/common/Endless Space/Endless Space.app/Contents/Data/Managed/UnityEngine.dll into Unity Child Domain

Platform assembly: /Users/Jane/Library/Application Support/Steam/SteamApps/common/Endless Space/Endless Space.app/Contents/Data/Managed/Assembly-CSharp-firstpass.dll (this message is harmless)

Loading /Users/Jane/Library/Application Support/Steam/SteamApps/common/Endless Space/Endless Space.app/Contents/Data/Managed/Assembly-CSharp-firstpass.dll into Unity Child Domain

Platform assembly: /Users/Jane/Library/Application Support/Steam/SteamApps/common/Endless Space/Endless Space.app/Contents/Data/Managed/Assembly-CSharp.dll (this message is harmless)

Loading /Users/Jane/Library/Application Support/Steam/SteamApps/common/Endless Space/Endless Space.app/Contents/Data/Managed/Assembly-CSharp.dll into Unity Child Domain

Platform assembly: /Users/Jane/Library/Application Support/Steam/SteamApps/common/Endless Space/Endless Space.app/Contents/Data/Managed/Assembly-UnityScript-firstpass.dll (this message is harmless)

Loading /Users/Jane/Library/Application Support/Steam/SteamApps/common/Endless Space/Endless Space.app/Contents/Data/Managed/Assembly-UnityScript-firstpass.dll into Unity Child Domain

Platform assembly: /Users/Jane/Library/Application Support/Steam/SteamApps/common/Endless Space/Endless Space.app/Contents/Data/Managed/Assembly-UnityScript.dll (this message is harmless)

Loading /Users/Jane/Library/Application Support/Steam/SteamApps/common/Endless Space/Endless Space.app/Contents/Data/Managed/Assembly-UnityScript.dll into Unity Child Domain

Platform assembly: /Users/Jane/Library/Application Support/Steam/SteamApps/common/Endless Space/Endless Space.app/Contents/Data/Managed/ICSharpCode.SharpZipLib.dll (this message is harmless)

Loading /Users/Jane/Library/Application Support/Steam/SteamApps/common/Endless Space/Endless Space.app/Contents/Data/Managed/ICSharpCode.SharpZipLib.dll into Unity Child Domain

- Completed reload, in 0.066 seconds

Platform assembly: /Users/Jane/Library/Application Support/Steam/SteamApps/common/Endless Space/Endless Space.app/Contents/Data/Managed/System.Xml.dll (this message is harmless)

Platform assembly: /Users/Jane/Library/Application Support/Steam/SteamApps/common/Endless Space/Endless Space.app/Contents/Data/Managed/System.dll (this message is harmless)

Platform assembly: /Users/Jane/Library/Application Support/Steam/SteamApps/common/Endless Space/Endless Space.app/Contents/Data/Managed/UnityScript.Lang.dll (this message is harmless)

Platform assembly: /Users/Jane/Library/Application Support/Steam/SteamApps/common/Endless Space/Endless Space.app/Contents/Data/Managed/Boo.Lang.dll (this message is harmless)

Platform assembly: /Users/Jane/Library/Application Support/Steam/SteamApps/common/Endless Space/Endless Space.app/Contents/Data/Managed/System.Core.dll (this message is harmless)

[Bootloader] version: 1.01.42 - 03

[Bootloader] command line: /Users/Jane/Library/Application Support/Steam/SteamApps/common/Endless Space/Endless Space.app/Contents/MacOS/Endless Space -single-instance

Setting breakpad minidump AppID = 208140

Steam_SetMinidumpSteamID: Caching Steam ID: 76561198037812620 [APIloadedno]

[Bootloader] GetCurrentGameLanguage: available game languages are 'english', current game languages is 'german'.

[Bootloader] SteamGetSteamUserName: steam user id is 'Red El Rosso I.'.

[Bootloader] ChangeDisplaySettings: changing display settings to 2560x1440, 0Hz.

[BackgroundVideo] LoadMovie: starting video playback. (movie = AMPLITUDE Studios)

[BackgroundVideo] LoadMovie: starting audio playback.

[BackgroundVideo] LoadMovie: starting video playback. (movie = Iceberg_Interactive_Intro_Animation_Dark)

[BackgroundVideo] LoadMovie: starting audio playback.

[TEMP][BattleFleetGenerator] This class must be deleted when the fleets will be assigned to the encounter.

User: Jane

Modification:

[Application] version: 1.01.42 - 03

[FiniteStateMachine] RegisterState: registering new state ApplicationState_OutGame

[FiniteStateMachine] RegisterState: registering new state ApplicationState_Lobby

[FiniteStateMachine] RegisterState: registering new state ApplicationState_CreateGame

[FiniteStateMachine] RegisterState: registering new state ApplicationState_DownloadGame

[FiniteStateMachine] RegisterState: registering new state ApplicationState_LoadGame

[FiniteStateMachine] RegisterState: registering new state ApplicationState_LaunchGame

[FiniteStateMachine] RegisterState: registering new state ApplicationState_InGame

[FiniteStateMachine] RegisterState: registering new state ApplicationState_EndGame

[Application] SteamCheckForDLC: installed DLC(s) = EmperorEdition, PrimesEdition, ExpansionPack.

Unloading 14 Unused Serialized files (Serialized files now loaded: 0 / Dirty serialized files: 0)

Unloading 76 unused Assets to reduce memory usage. Loaded Objects now: 2704.

Total: 7.460002 ms (FindLiveObjects: 0.213071 ms CreateObjectMapping: 0.199833 ms MarkObjects: 1.075390 ms DeleteObjects: 5.747630 ms)

[Modification] Select(''), path not found: '/Users/Jane/Library/Application Support/Endless Space/Disharmony/Modding/'.

Platform assembly: /Users/Jane/Library/Application Support/Steam/SteamApps/common/Endless Space/Endless Space.app/Contents/Data/Managed/System.Configuration.dll (this message is harmless)

[Application] Ignition: loading databases...

--------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

[_Datatables] Adding new datatable of type 'IDatatable`1[AmasCurve]'.

[_Datatables] Adding new datatable of type 'IDatatable`1[SimulationObjectDescriptor]'.

[LocalizationDatabase] ChangeLanguage: Load database for culture: german.

[_Datatables] Adding new datatable of type 'ILocalizationDatatable'.

[_Datatables] Adding new datatable of type 'IConstructibleElementDatatable'.

[_Datatables] Adding new datatable of type 'IFormationDatatable'.

[_Datatables] Adding new datatable of type 'IDatatable`1[BattleCard]'.

[_Datatables] Adding new datatable of type 'IDatatable`1[BattleCardFamily]'.

[_Datatables] Adding new datatable of type 'IDatatable`1[BattleSequence]'.

(Filename: /Applications/buildAgent/work/7535de4ca26c26ac/Runtime/Expo
0Send private message
10 years ago
Jun 19, 2014, 6:35:30 PM
Hi,

MacBook Pro, 10.9.3 latest Update, 2.9 GHz i7, 8 GM DDR3 1600 MHz - single monitor

The first time I started the game it worked perfectly well (fullscreen). I closed it after playing a few hours regularly, no crash. The next time I started it it didn't work. Amplitude and Iceberg trailer show, but when the intro screen of Endless Space (with the starships) appeared nothing happened anymore. After a few seconds the wait ball appears - and that was it.

I read the whole thread - so I reinstalled the game and also the Steam client. I deleted the saved application state folder, disabled Steam overlay, tried online and offline starts in Steam - nothing worked. Starting in fullscreen or windowed mode also didn't help.

Any idea would be greatly appreciated... I am hoping for the update tomorrow though.

Cheers, Chris
0Send private message
0Send private message
10 years ago
Sep 13, 2014, 4:00:43 AM
Game worked once.. Sorta.. Changed the graphics setting to Fantastic, game ran pretty good. I then proceeded to setup a game when it crashed after pressing start game.

Now it hangs every time on the title screen, no sound after first 2 vids.

I have -

Mac Book Pro

13-inch, Mid 2012

2.9 Ghz Intel Core i7

8GB 1600 MHz DDR3

Intel HD Graphics 4000

OS X 10.9.4 (13E28)

Worst $35 bucks ever spent.

I've tried every solution suggested by Steph'nie and by Steam, and various other user suggestions.

Game is a total dud.
Player.log.zip
0Send private message
?

Click here to login

Comment
0Send private message