Logo Platform
logo amplifiers simplified
Endless Space
Universe banner wording

ENDLESS™ Space is a turn-based 4X strategy game, covering the space colonization age in the ENDLESS™ Universe. You control every aspect of your civilization as you strive for galactic dominion.

MOD Faction: Sectoid

Copied to clipboard!
11 years ago
Dec 13, 2012, 10:41:37 PM
Apologies in advance for the poor graphics for the mod as I am not an artist myself.All the graphics that will be added will simply be just to show where and how to add them. If any artists wants to supply any graphics I'll be open to adding them in.
0Send private message
10 years ago
Nov 13, 2013, 6:57:49 AM
hi

dude can i have a copy of that mod for replace the ships... if its possible all factions ships... xml and folders...

I've tried from the sample its not working...

thanks...
0Send private message
0Send private message
11 years ago
May 5, 2013, 12:17:53 PM
Thank you for creating this faction with a working affinity. I really wanted to create a custom faction pack and now you made it a whole lot easier for me smiley: smile
0Send private message
11 years ago
Mar 9, 2013, 6:18:48 PM
I still have a mod to finish that I based off your mod, so when it comes out it's YOU I will be thanking.
0Send private message
11 years ago
Mar 9, 2013, 4:13:53 AM
Hey jamesyoung79 , can I reverse-engineer your mod so I can make my own mod? I still have no idea of how create a faction in Endless Space, but Romeo said me that it would be good to use your mod as reference.

EDIT: Oh, now I see you created this mod to do exactly that.
0Send private message
0Send private message
11 years ago
Feb 26, 2013, 2:34:23 PM
jamesyoung79 wrote:

• A new faction added into the game and selectable as AI opponent.
  • Additional affinity for new faction.

What I still need to find[LIST=1]
  • How to set the starting planet type.
    RESOLVEDThe empires starting system and home world parameters are kept in Plugins/GalaxyGenerator/GalaxySettings.xml
  • How to change set the spawning of initial scout and colony vessel.
    I have seen the XML entries that call up game functions to add ships for the existing factions. I seriously double I can just make my own, but will give it a shot and post my findings.
  • How to set the diplomacy hologram image.
    I am not sure of the xml tags needed to set this for the faction. I could do some trial and error and see if i could guess it right, unless a dev would kindly chime in smiley: smile .
  • How to set the premade first 3 ships in the ship editor.
    RESOLVEDI had a type'o in the faction trait. These are located at the top of FactionTrait.xml if anyone cares.
  • How to set the look of the ships for new faction (I have found that it will default to Cravers)
    I am pretty sure I will easily be able to link this to another faction's ships, but creating my own will be more difficult as I am not an artist. I have looked through the CustomPlanetsAndShips mod and it shows how to overwrite existing faction ships, but for creating new ones I'm at a loss I cant seem to find where ship reference is referenced in the XMLs. I've looked in the likely spots of shipdesign.xml and hull.xml and found no reference. I did find however the parameter serial, and I'm not sure of its purpose.
  • Where %PersonalityUnitedEmpireAI is defined.
    it is referenced in personality.xml used in tags for title and description. This may not matter, it may not be displayed to the players. I believe this is left over from what looks like the consideration of having multiple personalities for AIs to select from or have selected, but I may be wrong.
  • How to set the ship images for fleets in galaxy veiw.
    Right now its a colored wedge so its usable just not attractive, score one for development defaults.

• [/LIST]

2. You can add your design in ShipDesign.xml and then, in FactionTrait.xml, modify the traits TraitStartingShip????? (currently each race has a TraitStartingShipScoutAffinityName and TraitStartingShipColonizationAffinityName) by editing the following command:

6. In Personality.xml, you can override values from Registry.xml in order to modify behaviors of a faction when played by an AI. And you affect a personality in the FactionTrait.xml with the Affinity of the faction.

For the visual assets, you should look at the demo mod referenced here : /#/endless-space/forum/37-modding/thread/16353-tutorials-for-modding-es

But I think you'll need to create a custom AffinityMapping.

Cheers,
    0Send private message
    11 years ago
    Dec 17, 2012, 9:54:35 PM
    Romeo wrote:
    I also suck at artistry. Though I hope whoever picks up the reins in this respect aims for the '50s Martian look. Because that is AWESOME.

Gotta love those martians!
    0Send private message
    11 years ago
    Dec 14, 2012, 11:01:54 PM
    jamesyoung79 wrote:
    Apologies in advance for the poor graphics for the mod as I am not an artist myself.All the graphics that will be added will simply be just to show where and how to add them. If any artists wants to supply any graphics I'll be open to adding them in.

I also suck at artistry. Though I hope whoever picks up the reins in this respect aims for the '50s Martian look. Because that is AWESOME.
    0Send private message
    11 years ago
    Dec 14, 2012, 9:33:53 PM
    jamesyoung79 wrote:

Sounds like something I could do... Ships, faction-story pics, etc.

Thanks for making a faction template, it could prove useful.
    0Send private message
    11 years ago
    Dec 9, 2012, 5:58:55 AM
    I have set up a template for creating a new faction. Everything involving adding in a new faction to the game is included in this mod (with the exceptions listed below). The purpose of this mod is to allow for quick implementation of a new faction into a mod without having to worry about worrying about missing something.

What I have working

• A new faction added into the game and selectable as AI opponent.
    • Additional affinity for new faction.

What I still need to find[LIST=1]
  • How to set the starting planet type.
    RESOLVEDThe empires starting system and home world parameters are kept in Plugins/GalaxyGenerator/GalaxySettings.xml
  • How to change set the spawning of initial scout and colony vessel.
    I have seen the XML entries that call up game functions to add ships for the existing factions. I seriously double I can just make my own, but will give it a shot and post my findings.
  • How to set the diplomacy hologram image.
    I am not sure of the xml tags needed to set this for the faction. I could do some trial and error and see if i could guess it right, unless a dev would kindly chime in smiley: smile .
  • How to set the premade first 3 ships in the ship editor.
    RESOLVEDI had a type'o in the faction trait. These are located at the top of FactionTrait.xml if anyone cares.
  • How to set the look of the ships for new faction (I have found that it will default to Cravers)
    I am pretty sure I will easily be able to link this to another faction's ships, but creating my own will be more difficult as I am not an artist. I have looked through the CustomPlanetsAndShips mod and it shows how to overwrite existing faction ships, but for creating new ones I'm at a loss I cant seem to find where ship reference is referenced in the XMLs. I've looked in the likely spots of shipdesign.xml and hull.xml and found no reference. I did find however the parameter serial, and I'm not sure of its purpose.
  • Where %PersonalityUnitedEmpireAI is defined.
    it is referenced in personality.xml used in tags for title and description. This may not matter, it may not be displayed to the players. I believe this is left over from what looks like the consideration of having multiple personalities for AIs to select from or have selected, but I may be wrong.
  • How to set the ship images for fleets in galaxy veiw.
    Right now its a colored wedge so its usable just not attractive, score one for development defaults.

• [/LIST]Once again if anyone can speed assist in this I plan on posting a template mod for this after I am finished.

I believe number 2,5, and 7 are linked together.
    0Send private message
    0Send private message
    11 years ago
    Dec 12, 2012, 8:11:34 PM
    If you like, I can change the thread title to something more specific than "modding questions". Or, you could start another thread with the released mod. You may wish to mention the mod in the "mod shopping mall" sticky thread.
    0Send private message
    11 years ago
    Dec 12, 2012, 7:04:44 PM
    A working version has been attached. Also, the functionality list has been updated and moved to top post.
    0Send private message
    11 years ago
    Dec 11, 2012, 5:26:43 AM
    The sandbox mod did stuff by the time I looked at it, I already had figured out what I could have learned from it. I got a few things through trial and error but listed above are the things I'm still working on.

I do think understanding the CustomPlanetsAndShips MOD better will help me out immensely, more specifically the planet portion.

[CODE]

Graph/CelestialBodies/Planets/PL_Terran_A

Templates/Planets/Pinky

[/CODE]

I get that Folder is the physical folder where the image files are located, and Prefab is the unity 3d prefab that contains the object were basing new one off of. I'm assuming that reference is how the game refers to it, basically how things are referenced all though out the xml files. The thing that I'm confused about is where is PL_Pinky_A referenced in correlation to PlanetTypePinky as in the snip below found in CustomPlanetDescriptor.xml.

[CODE]

[/CODE]

I'm not sure where the link is between Graph/CelestialBodies/Planets/PL_Pinky_A and PlanetTypePinky.
    0Send private message
    11 years ago
    Dec 11, 2012, 4:19:44 AM
    I will give it a download. Did the Sandbox mod help at all? Or did you have to use trial and error?
    0Send private message
    11 years ago
    Dec 10, 2012, 11:33:37 PM
    I have attached my work so far if anyone is interested (attached at top of thread). It is a fully functioning additional faction with new affinity, with the above mention issues to still iron out.
    0Send private message
    0Send private message
    11 years ago
    Dec 9, 2012, 8:24:40 PM
    jamesyoung79 wrote:
    if you are sure it is in the XMLs what file is it in at least.

what mods add new factions I've seen people alter the affinities but I have not seen any with any additional ones added in.

Check out the tutorial (/#/endless-space/forum/37-modding/thread/16353-tutorials-for-modding-es) you'll find your answer in there.

Go look at the "Sandbox" mod. It has an extra affinity which adds +9999 Happiness and +999% to all FIDS. Perhaps you can try to reverse-engineer that to see how they managed it.
    0Send private message
    ?

Click here to login

Comment
    0Send private message