Logo Platform
logo amplifiers simplified
Endless Space
Universe banner wording

ENDLESS™ Space is a turn-based 4X strategy game, covering the space colonization age in the ENDLESS™ Universe. You control every aspect of your civilization as you strive for galactic dominion.

Endless Genetics

Copied to clipboard!
11 years ago
Feb 3, 2013, 3:52:51 AM
Digitalhawk96 wrote:
Ads everywhere... head hurts... hate download managers... will test this mod and have fun... arrrghhh

Sorry, the mirroring service I normally use pretty much no longer exists.
0Send private message
11 years ago
Dec 15, 2012, 7:34:32 AM
ZZGashi wrote:
Well, that was one of the major goals I had in mind for this mod was extending the traits out to have larger bonuses and to help give more definition to the custom factions.

I will not rebalance unless a lot of people want it along with suggestions on how they think it should be balanced.

Yeah, you wont hear me bickering for it. I like it as is.

Sargatanus wrote:
Okay, so it was the influence ring. I had everything maxed just for kicks and my *starting* influence ring covered the whole damn galaxy. So I just left out all of the "Spin Doctors" traits and almost everything* worked fine.

*What didn't work was my anomaly selection. I had to pick "mutated flora" to open up ANYTHING else. Whatever I select after that just doesn't show up.

There's a reason for that, it's the original post. =)
0Send private message
11 years ago
Dec 15, 2012, 4:25:08 PM
I have to say that this is a very fun mod. Thank you for creating it. smiley: smile Right now I've created a Colonialist/Military faction that focuses on population, dust production, science, ship space, command points, approval, and XP on heroes.

Scions

Home Planet Type: Ocean (Garden of Eden)

Diplomatic Alignment: Good

Gamplay: Colonialist

Main Victory Type: Economic/Military

A splinter group of Pilgrims that have come to an acute understanding of Endless Artifacts. Able to enhance heroes and ships with dust and unlocking the 'Eden' artifact has left the Scions with major advantages in ship design and colonization. With all known knowledge of the surrounding galaxy, they set foot to encounter other intelligent life and strive to meet the Endless one day.
0Send private message
11 years ago
Dec 15, 2012, 4:56:50 PM
Romeo wrote:
There's a reason for that, it's the original post. =)

Alright, so I won't be able to start a new game with "Garden of Eden" on my home planet for a while. Oh well. It's still a great mod.
0Send private message
11 years ago
Dec 15, 2012, 5:02:34 PM
It should show up ... mutated flora is just an opening technology/trait (i.e. It doesn't do anything and doesn't take up an anomaly slot), so as long as you have enough trait points, picking up Garden of Eden after that will work just fine.
0Send private message
11 years ago
Dec 16, 2012, 1:21:50 AM
Lydyn wrote:
It should show up ... mutated flora is just an opening technology/trait (i.e. It doesn't do anything and doesn't take up an anomaly slot), so as long as you have enough trait points, picking up Garden of Eden after that will work just fine.

I am still unsure of why it is like that, I think in my next update I will just have to comment that anomaly trait out so no one has to select mutated flora anymore to get the other anomalies.

Glad everyone is enjoying the mod though.
0Send private message
11 years ago
Dec 17, 2012, 7:23:28 PM
It's because the mod is so pliable to what one wants. Want to fine-tune your custom-faction to exactly what you wanted? It does it. Want a serious, nit-picky way to fine-tune traits? It does it. Want a giggle-inducingly overpowered faction? It does it.
0Send private message
11 years ago
Jan 25, 2013, 1:00:22 PM
Just wanted to let everyone know that Endless Genetics has been updated to version 1.05.
0Send private message
11 years ago
Feb 3, 2013, 2:23:08 AM
Ads everywhere... head hurts... hate download managers... will test this mod and have fun... arrrghhh
0Send private message
0Send private message0Send private message
11 years ago
Jun 6, 2013, 7:57:37 PM
Deleted the original post because it turned out I was stupid smiley: smile

KIDDING hahaha, anyway BIG thumbs up for the mod, its a nice way to spice up the game
0Send private message
11 years ago
Jun 7, 2013, 6:23:58 AM
MTB-Fritz wrote:
Running into a problem here. I only got this mod yesterday (version 1.00.10) and had some fun with it. After the original game got a little stale these new perks and the godmode can really add fun to the matches. Today when I try to open it up I notice my selfmade faction got deleted and the perks are not available anymore. I try to load the mod manually so he shuts down the game and lets me know he gonna restart it only.....he doesnt. The game simply doesnt boot again and whenever I load it I end up with the original game, mod disabled.

Tried using the launch option in order to load the mod automatically but I m not sure I m doing it right. When I have the mod saved under c://Mydocuments/Endspace/Modding, would the command line be

+mod Modding

or

+mod c://Mydocuments/Endspace/Modding

??

So far I m not sure if I m doing anything wrong or if the steam-patch today broke the mod.

Haven't used this mod myself but to help you out:

The command is "+mod (Name of the mod folder, eg. EndlessGenetics)" Example: "+mod EndlessGenetics"

---use the name of the actual mod folder inside your "modding" folder eg. c://Mydocuments/Endspace/Modding/EndlessGenetics

As for the races...always back up your custom factions (in Mydocuments/Endless space/Faction) as every time you switch mods the game deletes your custom factions (probably to avoid conflicts with modded traits). This happens with every mod.

EDIT: I see you found out the problem as i replied lol...I will leave this for anyone else having issues
0Send private message
11 years ago
Jun 12, 2013, 9:20:24 AM
Great mod, but I found some problems :

- First, as was already pointed out, Spin Doctrine/Negative Influence are too powerful, they should probably be scaled back from +/-10 influence area on system to +/-1.

- Second, Efficient Building Maintenance (and Inefficient Building Maintenance?) doesn't seem to work, as you can see from the following game : Robots.zip

- Also, could you please add a trait that would reduce/increase hero maintenance (the only other thing lacking for my "robots" faction concept).

- Could it be possible to add the faction affinities as selectable traits? (so that the actual affinities would only affect the bonus techs)

- Other Ideas of traits to add : +/-% Industry, +/-% Food needed to grow population.
0Send private message
11 years ago
Jun 13, 2013, 11:01:48 AM
BlueTemplar wrote:

- First, as was already pointed out, Spin Doctrine/Negative Influence are too powerful, they should probably be scaled back from +/-10 influence area on system to +/-1.

- Second, Efficient Building Maintenance (and Inefficient Building Maintenance?) doesn't seem to work, as you can see from the following game : Robots.zip

- Also, could you please add a trait that would reduce/increase hero maintenance (the only other thing lacking for my "robots" faction concept).

- Could it be possible to add the faction affinities as selectable traits? (so that the actual affinities would only affect the bonus techs)

- Other Ideas of traits to add : +/-% Industry, +/-% Food needed to grow population.

aye, influence area is "slighty" OP.

I "slightly" modified my faction(Meaning every boost completly exept some things at 30% because otherwise it would be too OP:P) and my enemies couldn't do anything because the whole map was in my influence... literally the WHOLE map was red from the beginning... xD
0Send private message
11 years ago
Jun 16, 2013, 7:50:01 PM
BlueTemplar wrote:

I have not been on much lately, or doing much with the mod. In my personal version, I have added a +/-% Industry trait, and 1.10 should have +/-% Food one you are asking about, called self-sustaining population and gluttonous population respectively. Unless I misunderstood what you are looking for. I have been planning on separating the Uber Heroes trait into several separate ones while adding new ones. When I get back into modding, probably when the expansion is released I will make sure that the influence trait is nerfed.
0Send private message
0Send private message
8 years ago
Oct 28, 2016, 11:03:14 AM

all download links (main and all mirror ones) no longer work saying the file is not found or deleted. is there anywhere this mod can be found then or did you discontinue and take it down?

0Send private message
11 years ago
Dec 15, 2012, 4:12:51 AM
Romeo wrote:
So long as you keep a non-balanced version for those of us (Ok, maybe just me) that like to play god.

I absolutely love the traits you put in though, I find them much more focused than the originals.

Well, that was one of the major goals I had in mind for this mod was extending the traits out to have larger bonuses and to help give more definition to the custom factions.

I will not rebalance unless a lot of people want it along with suggestions on how they think it should be balanced.
0Send private message
11 years ago
Nov 28, 2012, 3:00:42 AM
Horatio isn't the only one who discovered some of the secrets of Endless biological sciences...

This mod adds many new faction traits to the game, most of them expansions on the traits included in the base game.

The mod is intended to give more variety to custom factions, and perhaps add some immersion.

- Adds 69 new traits for your custom faction, most of them have 10 levels of advancement

- Increases in bonuses gained from traits go up by 10% all the way to 100% for most traits

- Genetic Engineering trait gives 10 trait points per level up to 100 extra trait points, no more modding of affinities to get those extra points

- All the planet anomalies in the base game can now to applied to your starting planet (With the exception of Mutated Flora, refer to release notes)

- Now with French translation by Druduss

- Have an idea for a new trait? Just ask and I will see if can be done, and if it can, it will be added to the mod

Notes on Current Version:

If you want anomalies on your starting planet, you will have to select Mutated Flora first. I have made the cost for it 0, and it will not apply that anomaly to your starting planet. It will be like this until a way can be found to fix the dependency problem. If anyone has any ideas on how to fix the dependency problem, just send me a PM and I will look further into it.

If you want to translate Endless Genetics into other languages or update a translation for a new version, just send me a PM with either the localization file attached or a link to the file. I will add it to the latest version of Endless Genetics and give you credit.

Download Links:

v1.10 - Latest

Dropbox:

https://www.dropbox.com/s/ig4os9vep8yt908/Endless%20Genetics%20v1.10.rar?dl=0

https://www.dropbox.com/s/ijboe9x9sxmgq0f/Endless%20Genetics%20mod%20v1.0.rar?dl=0

Installation Instructions:

Unzip or unrar the files and put them into your Modding folder usually located at (My) Documents > Endless Space > Modding, if the Modding folder does not exist you will have to create one. Once that is done, you can either A.) Load up the game and select the mods option from the main screen and load it through there or B.) Go to your Steam Library, find the Endless Space entry, right click on it, select Properties, and select Set Launch Options, when the box pops up type in +mod EndlessGenetics, this will make sure the mod is loaded every time the game is started.
Updated 6 years ago.
0Send private message
?

Click here to login

Comment
0Send private message