Logo Platform
logo amplifiers simplified
Endless Space
Universe banner wording

ENDLESS™ Space is a turn-based 4X strategy game, covering the space colonization age in the ENDLESS™ Universe. You control every aspect of your civilization as you strive for galactic dominion.

Heavy Nova Mod Launched

Copied to clipboard!
11 years ago
Jul 10, 2013, 11:24:32 PM
Version 2.4

Updated Heavy Nova to support Endless Space 1.1.9.3 by merging changes to the xml files.
0Send private message
11 years ago
Jul 7, 2013, 9:01:54 PM
Since there is interest in this mod, I'm publishing the last changes I made to it.

Version 2.1

Increased the free speed bonus from technology by +1 per level.

Increased the free speed bonus from engines.

Restored the AI bonuses and penalties for buyout and healing to all difficulty levels.

There won't be any more updates to Heavy Nova as I've moved on to Super Nova for Disharmony.

Enjoy,

Silvermane
0Send private message
0Send private message0Send private message
11 years ago
Jul 7, 2013, 11:42:44 PM
LetoSilvermane wrote:
It works fine for me on the newest Classic version. I didn't have to update anything.

Okay, thanks for the reply.
0Send private message
11 years ago
Jul 9, 2013, 7:02:52 PM
Bug report.

Just tried this on classic (did not enjoy disharmony). Custom race with game speed set to slow.

A few turns after start of play the population of my home world is reduced from 3 to 1 and birth rate goes to 0% on my HW and on my first colony. I think the AI races are affected too as they aren't growing. Bug was repeated when I reset and tried again.

Update: Seems to be caused when game speed set to slow. Growth observed with normal game speed.
0Send private message
11 years ago
Jul 9, 2013, 9:53:14 PM
Heavy Nova doesn't affect population. This is a bug with the underlying game. I was able to reproduce it without the mod.

Nonetheless, I'm happy to fix it for you, for free, the same day it's reported.

I recommend playing the game on normal speed just in case there are other bugs.
0Send private message
11 years ago
Jul 9, 2013, 9:54:46 PM
Version 2.2

Removed the free speed bonus from Engine I because it allowed free speed travel without the requisite tech.

Engine II and above will still allow free speed travel without the requisite tech, but it isn’t as much of an issue because they come later in the game.

Fixed a bug in the game reported by someone who wanted to play the mod on slow speed. The homeworld population was reduced to 1 after 1 turn.
0Send private message
11 years ago
Jul 10, 2013, 2:46:28 AM
Version 2.3

Fixed a reported bug where the Sheredyn affinity was not available when creating a custom faction.
0Send private message
11 years ago
Jul 10, 2013, 5:49:02 PM
Thanks Leto

Just gave it a go with the updated mod. Population on HW does not drop now but growth rate on all planets is still set to zero, so no growth no matter how long you play (on slow).
0Send private message
11 years ago
Jul 10, 2013, 6:40:00 PM
Looks like this is caused by changes in the latest version of Endless Space.

I'll look into updating the mod.
0Send private message
0Send private message
11 years ago
Jul 11, 2013, 7:01:57 PM
excuse me, author of this mod, I'm writing my own mod and, in my play-testing, I've upgraded the AI using some of your files. Granted, I changed a few things (such as giving the AI more incentive to spam Dreadaughts without end), but some of your work will be used. Fact of the matter is that it would be a bit of a pain to remove all the AI files just to release the updated version of my mod, especially since Players would have to go through all the figuring I did to put them back in. I'm merely asking your permission before I continue development.
0Send private message
11 years ago
Jul 12, 2013, 1:25:58 AM
You can use the Heavy Nova AI as long as you give proper credit in your mod.

Cheers,

Silvermane
0Send private message
11 years ago
Sep 17, 2013, 3:56:20 AM
I guess i should take a look. I also did a lot of AI tweaks and improvements (in Fair Fight), maybe there are a few things we could share.
0Send private message
11 years ago
Sep 17, 2013, 5:59:52 PM
Hi Foraven,

Feel free to use any good ideas you find in the Heavy Nova mod, just don't forget to give credit. It seem to me that the devs have moved on, most of the player base has moved on, so I've moved on too. I'm playing Stronghold Kingdoms and Elemental Enchantress these days.

Cheers,

Silvermane
0Send private message
11 years ago
Sep 18, 2013, 12:39:49 AM
LetoSilvermane wrote:
Hi Foraven,

Feel free to use any good ideas you find in the Heavy Nova mod, just don't forget to give credit. It seem to me that the devs have moved on, most of the player base has moved on, so I've moved on too. I'm playing Stronghold Kingdoms and Elemental Enchantress these days.

Cheers,

Silvermane

Sad you moved on, i think a few of my AI tweaks could have been useful to your mod. I don't think everyone has moved on, more like many are waiting for fixes and changes as the EXP is filled with issues.
0Send private message
0Send private message
11 years ago
Oct 30, 2013, 1:04:26 AM
Hello, I'm new to the game and enjoying it. I've started trying out a couple mods but only finding problems so far. My current game using this mod has the following problem: I sent a colony ship to a star system and colonized a "medium ocean" planet with a red anomaly attached, "strong magnetic field." Unfortunately the population after colonization remains at zero.

Is anyone maintaining this mod? I'm 0 for 2 with mods; perhaps inactive mods should be moved to a separate area so newbies like myself don't waste time like this? Thank you.
0Send private message
11 years ago
Oct 30, 2013, 4:02:41 AM
Hello Stormlover,

Thanks for trying the Heavy Nova mod. If you have the Disharmony expansion then I recommend you use the Super Nova mod. Otherwise, I've restored the design document linked in the first post so you and others can see what this mod affects. This mod doesn't change planets or population growth rates so I doubt it is the cause of the problem.

If you move your cursor over the clock icon the arrow is pointing at, then the game will pop up a tooltip that shows the birthrate. That might provide a clue as to why it is not growing.

If you attach your save game, I'll load it up on my computer and see if I can figure out what is going on.

Cheers,

Silvermane
0Send private message
?

Click here to login

Comment
0Send private message