Logo Platform
logo amplifiers simplified
Endless Space
Universe banner wording

ENDLESS™ Space is a turn-based 4X strategy game, covering the space colonization age in the ENDLESS™ Universe. You control every aspect of your civilization as you strive for galactic dominion.

[RELEASED] Colored Anomalies

Copied to clipboard!
11 years ago
Jan 8, 2013, 10:13:01 PM
Yes this is an excellent addition to the game and has been adopted by many modders. It should really be incorporated by the devs.
0Send private message
12 years ago
Aug 25, 2012, 4:28:59 PM
I suspect the game is rounding to the nearest while number. You can add and manipulation values below the whe number but at the end it rounds to the nearest whole. Does gt 0 lt 0.9 work?

Btw what does "ge" do?
0Send private message
12 years ago
Aug 25, 2012, 4:39:33 PM
Yes.

They are either rounded or truncated.

I'm not really sure about which of those. When you multiply with 100 and stay away from "eq" it works.

Note that the game does not round the number in the variable. You can for instance set it to 0.98 and multiply it by 100 to get 98.

The rounding/truncating only happens when you try to compare them to something the way shown above.

ge is greater equal >=

You also have

le, lt and gt at your arsenal.

But not eq! It simply does not work and always returns false.
0Send private message
0Send private message
12 years ago
Aug 25, 2012, 6:16:13 PM
Yup, whenever the game actually calls on a value to determine the result and apply it, the game first rounds then applies the value. Very sure it rounds rather than truncating as I was adding 0.5 to my formula as a constant to provide a smooth curve between ship speed. I was getting values of 1.28 adding 0.5 to reach a value of 2.

Did you ever determine if the game was generating a value of 0.5 using your variables above, you could refine you gt lt values to determine the exact value easily enough if you keep adjusting
0Send private message
12 years ago
Aug 25, 2012, 9:40:03 PM
Perhaps you could color-code improvements and other buyable things by price?
0Send private message
0Send private message
12 years ago
Oct 14, 2012, 10:13:43 PM
It would be kind of cool if in the tech tree window techs that need a strategic resource you can't access yet (specifically don't have the technology for) would be greyed out.
0Send private message
12 years ago
Oct 14, 2012, 10:14:52 PM
Harel55 wrote:
It would be kind of cool if in the tech tree window techs that need a strategic resource you can't access yet (specifically don't have the technology for) would be greyed out.

Nice idea, would skip some confusion smiley: smile
0Send private message
0Send private message0Send private message
11 years ago
Jan 8, 2013, 7:16:17 PM
Do notice, that a lot of other mods already have included that mod anyways.
0Send private message
12 years ago
Aug 25, 2012, 3:38:12 PM
davea wrote:
Did that ever work? I am not sure the game loads "loose" localization files from (steam dir)\Endless Space\public, I think it only loads them from mod directories. That is the way I would have done it, anyway.

Most likely it didn't but I find it easier to work that way.

Btw. Got majorly frustrated by my attempts to make a super-smart PlanetInfrastructure.xml... There's some really strange things. For example I have a selfmade variable:

Should be 0.5 on a 3/6 System.

When I try to find out what it actually is:

$(../ClassStarSystem:PopOfMax) ge 0.5 <= NOPE

$(../ClassStarSystem:PopOfMax) gt 0 and $(../ClassStarSystem:PopOfMax) lt 1 <= WORKS

$(../ClassStarSystem:PopOfMax) gt 0.1 and $(../ClassStarSystem:PopOfMax) lt 0.9 <= NOPE

$(../ClassStarSystem:PopOfMax) lt 0.1 <= NOPE
0Send private message
0Send private message0Send private message
11 years ago
Mar 10, 2013, 3:24:14 PM
Hi, first of all I'm sorry for my bad English ^^"

I need some help with this mod, I don't know exactly how to make it work. Where should i put the files??

I'm putting them in Public/Localization but it doesn't work :S

Thanks.
0Send private message
11 years ago
Mar 10, 2013, 5:04:18 PM
@chibi91

If on windows platform you put them in :\Users[username]\Documents\Endless Space\Modding[modfoldernamehere]
0Send private message
0Send private message
11 years ago
Mar 10, 2013, 5:53:26 PM
I just copy&paste the generic installing-instruction from my mod here:

Installation-Instructions:

Unzip into (my documents)\Endless Space\Modding. This will create a new directory (my documents)\Endless Space\Modding\AggressiveAI containing a file index.xml and several subdirectories.

In the main game menu, click the MODS button, find the mod "AggressiveAI", select it and click load.

To keep the mod loaded: find "Endless Space" in the Steam Library, right click, select properties, and click the "set launch options" button. Add "+mod AggressiveAI" to the game launch command line.

Of couse you use the name "coloredanomalies" instead of "AggressiveAI".
0Send private message
11 years ago
Mar 10, 2013, 6:46:21 PM
Again Thanks Ali but this still not working to me. I've reinstaled the game and nothing...

Does this mod works with 1.0.9?
0Send private message
?

Click here to login

Comment
0Send private message