Logo Platform
logo amplifiers simplified
Endless Space
Universe banner wording

ENDLESS™ Space is a turn-based 4X strategy game, covering the space colonization age in the ENDLESS™ Universe. You control every aspect of your civilization as you strive for galactic dominion.

[REL] Battle Damage

Copied to clipboard!
11 years ago
Feb 10, 2013, 8:43:19 PM
iblise wrote:
Based on the code you posted above, as long as you defined a DamageMod2 variable as appropriate then it should work. The other way to do it would be:

[code]0.5" Path="ClassShip"/>[/code]

And edit as apporiate under each level of ship, most of my code is SimulationObjectPropertyModifierDescriptor vs Binary but you can look at the speed line to see how to change it up, would save you from making another variable

Haha I missed that! thanks for you time!
0Send private message
8 years ago
Mar 21, 2016, 6:07:13 PM
Greatings from 2016. This mod is NOT a good thing. Consider the Harmony, who can't repair ships, now being crippled because they can't fight because they can't heal because they can't fight ... It's an awful feedback loop. I know its trying for realism but why should a submarine with a damaged outer armor ALWAYS be worse at firing their torpedoes?
0Send private message
0Send private message0Send private message
11 years ago
Feb 20, 2013, 6:05:07 AM
Updated to new ES version, revert to old damage formula as the change had unexpected results at high ship health /facepalm (I do aim to tweak that, yes 18 turns is a bit overly penalizing)

Split up into two version -

BattleDmg is just the battle damage reducing ship performance

BattleDmgRange includes the battle damage changes and introduces removal of kinetics / lasers from long range and medium range, increases long range rounds to 12 and medium range to 8 - very alpha (Missiles are now very important, must teach AI this)

BattleDmg.rar

BattleDmgRange.rar
0Send private message
11 years ago
Feb 18, 2013, 9:26:17 AM
This MOD is very HARD!!!

I think should be remove MOVE RESTRICTION. When i was attacked and try retreat damaged fleet i move 1 point on round (18 round back to next system)!

any else is ok! Great idea!
0Send private message
11 years ago
Feb 16, 2013, 12:08:49 AM
I am not on the dev team, but if there are any important posts here I forward them to the dev team separately. It has happened in the past that modder created features have been incoirporated into the base game. However, if there is debate for a mod, regarding whether it is better or simply different, that mod probably won't be incorporated. Only when everybody clearly agrees it is an improvement, such as Ail's AI mods.
0Send private message
11 years ago
Feb 15, 2013, 5:46:37 PM
is anyone one in this forum from dev team? there are so many great ideas in this forum, yet no one says anything?
0Send private message
0Send private message
11 years ago
Feb 15, 2013, 3:26:18 AM
New tweaked values, some major changes (Alpha release)

Weapon/Defensive modules can now be destroyed based off ship health %

Weapon/Defensive Min/Max dmg increased from previous values to compensate (new formula Ship Health % * 1.5 * Weapon Dmg Values and Defensive Values)

Kinetics and Lasers will only fire in p3 melee phase, dmg increased x3 to compensate

Long Range now has 12 turns, Medium Range has 8

*removed link - outdated - See above for recent version*

Any thoughts?
0Send private message
11 years ago
Feb 10, 2013, 3:09:08 AM
Ship effectiveness is now dependent on ship health. As battle damage is taken stats are reduced by a percentage of the ship health, some automatic rounding does occur to the nearest whole number, cannot be avoided. Example: If a ship at full health (450) moves 6 PC, then a ship at 100 health while move 1 PC (1.3333) 100/450*6=1.33333 rounded down to 1.

Movement - Speed and FreeSpeed

Offensive Weapons Damage Min Max (Laser/ Kinetic / Missiles)

Defensive Counter Measurements (Shields / Deflectors / Flak)

Detection Radius and Military Power Invasion Modules

Weapon/Defensive modules can now be destroyed based off ship health %

Military Power is adjusted appropriately too to reflect reduced combat effectiveness of ship

Range Changes (Alpha 0.00.02)

Kinetics and Lasers will only fire in p3 melee phase, dmg increased x3 to compensate

Long Range now has 12 turns, Medium Range has 8

Includes tweaked Luminality colorized localizations with proper #Revert# tagging and moon temple colorization

Provide some feedback!

BattleDmg.rar

BattleDmgRange.rar
0Send private message
11 years ago
Feb 10, 2013, 7:28:37 PM
Based on the code you posted above, as long as you defined a DamageMod2 variable as appropriate then it should work. The other way to do it would be:

[code]0.5" Path="ClassShip"/>[/code]

And edit as apporiate under each level of ship, most of my code is SimulationObjectPropertyModifierDescriptor vs Binary but you can look at the speed line to see how to change it up, would save you from making another variable
0Send private message
11 years ago
Feb 10, 2013, 3:52:18 PM
I have modified your shipdescriptor.xml, but I don't know how to test it? would you mind have a look to see if I did right?

basically, low level ships will suffer more from damage. level 1 will have a minimum 50% power remain before it destroyed. where level 9 will have 90% minimum power before dead.

1ShipDescripto1.rar
0Send private message
11 years ago
Feb 10, 2013, 3:22:01 PM
If I want to scale down to 0.5*damagemod+0.5 am i doing the right thing?

And are {} different from ()? what do they mean?
0Send private message
11 years ago
Feb 10, 2013, 2:06:54 PM
iblise wrote:
I need feedback regarding scaling, is a 1:1 scale too agressive? My intention is for a broken ship to be a broken ship, but my scaling with weapons might be a touch too agressive?

Nice work there. As for Scaling, i guess it might be too aggressive; i often fight with damaged ships in the game and i think it would be too crippling that way. I believe a ship losing say 25% to 30% of it's firepower / defense would be enough.
0Send private message
11 years ago
Feb 10, 2013, 10:46:10 AM
iblise, you seem to know better about xml, do you think it is possible to make some battle cards avaliable to high level ships? this might very tricky since not all ships are at the same level in one fleet, is it possible to use the highest level for calculation?
0Send private message
11 years ago
Feb 10, 2013, 7:00:27 AM
Smashing my head against the keyboard repeatedly... Adjusting the speed was easy but I was about to give up regarding weapon damage as I just couldn't make it work despite my code appearing correct, I was on the verge of despair when I switch from apply the effect to a module and applied it to ship itself. If you want take a look at the .xml I included its only the one file so this mod would be extremely easy to roll into other mods.

I need feedback regarding scaling, is a 1:1 scale too agressive? My intention is for a broken ship to be a broken ship, but my scaling with weapons might be a touch too agressive?
0Send private message
0Send private message0Send private message
?

Click here to login

Comment
0Send private message