Logo Platform
logo amplifiers simplified
Endless Space
Universe banner wording

ENDLESS™ Space is a turn-based 4X strategy game, covering the space colonization age in the ENDLESS™ Universe. You control every aspect of your civilization as you strive for galactic dominion.

AggressiveAI

Copied to clipboard!
11 years ago
Mar 15, 2013, 10:52:40 AM
In Term.xml

Replace the by the one from the Original file ( I think it was DiplomacyBonus2 )

For the question in brackets: Basically by fiddeling around with the numberous numbers in the Header. But I can't really tell you which effects what. I think without a detailed description by the Defs this would be pretty hard to accomplish.

DustPerTurnPriceFactor="25" EconomyPowerMinValue="100"

PriceCoef="3"

AttitudeMalusCoef="0" HyperbolaCoef="80" AttitudeMalusOffset="-30" AttitudeTrendCoef="0"

PriceOffset="0" PriceMin="0" PriceMax="10">

%DiplomacyDustInstantaneousTermTitle

%DiplomacyDustInstantaneousTermDescription

DustPerTurnPriceFactor="25" EconomyPowerMinValue="100"

PriceCoef="3"

AttitudeMalusCoef="0" HyperbolaCoef="80" AttitudeMalusOffset="-30" AttitudeTrendCoef="0"

PriceOffset="0" PriceMin="0" PriceMax="10">

%DiplomacyDustPerTurnTermTitle

%DiplomacyDustPerTurnTermDescription

0Send private message
11 years ago
Mar 11, 2013, 12:33:28 PM
Well, i wrongly assumed that you had implemented a few AI changes from the Beta in your mod, sorry. I guess we can only wait for the beta to come live...
0Send private message
0Send private message
11 years ago
Mar 11, 2013, 12:57:08 PM
Ail wrote:
It mostly is the other way around. ^^

Yeah, seem your handiwork is found everywhere the AI is concerned smiley: biggrin.
0Send private message
11 years ago
Mar 11, 2013, 12:58:17 PM
Foraven wrote:
Yeah, seem your handiwork is found everywhere the AI is concerned smiley: biggrin.

This. and almost everywhere regarding to mods smiley: biggrin
0Send private message
0Send private message
11 years ago
Mar 11, 2013, 1:22:01 PM
Ail wrote:
The winning Amoeba only had System-Heroes.

Assign the Hero with priority to the system where the result of MaxPopulation²/CurrentPopulation is the highest.

This should assure that early on the least developed systems get a hero but eventually they are moved to systems with the highest population to reap the most benefits of it.

Pretty clever formula.

Ail why you upgrade this mod

I always thought that this mod has been replaced with this: http://forums.amplitude-studios.com/...-Rebalance-Mod

I think both have the AI updates, but some people might not want the balance changes in the rebalance mod?
0Send private message
11 years ago
Mar 11, 2013, 2:28:54 PM
The rebalance-mod is pretty half-hearted to be honest.

AggressiveAI is a mod that doesn't change any rules for the player, only how the AI (and in one case the governor) does thing.

I don't really feel like messing around with all the balance-stuff. It doesn't improve the AI and thus isn't really what I'm eager to mod. smiley: ohh
0Send private message
11 years ago
Mar 11, 2013, 6:18:45 PM
Just uploaded v_1_2_1 which contains merges with 1.0.65-changes over 1.0.63.

Also:

Good news, all of the modable issues I had complained about in 1.0.63 had been taken care of in 1.0.65. Except for the initial-ship-design-issues I had critizised and that are taken care of in this mod.

Anyways: The 1.0.65-AI should be even better than the already much improved 1.0.63-AI.
0Send private message
0Send private message
11 years ago
Mar 14, 2013, 1:23:11 PM
I was checking your files for stuff i could re-use and noticed your diplomatic files are out-dated; they are missing a lot of parameters that the current game version have. Not sure if it was voluntary, but it seem to me the AI can't do a full range of of diplomatic decisions if so much is not there.
0Send private message
0Send private message
11 years ago
Mar 14, 2013, 2:01:48 PM
MacDante wrote:
Forven i think, AI use default values from core xml, if it not declare or missing in MOD.

I know that. What i mean is the files he *has* in the mod are missing stuff in them compared to stock files.
0Send private message
11 years ago
Mar 14, 2013, 3:30:47 PM
That is entirely intentional, if your are talking about the DiplomaticBehaviour.xml or the likes.

For example it had like 10 different unneeded variations to sign a Cease-Fire.

Also the Wonder-Victory-Building-AI-Values missing is intentional, as the AI has no way to tell if it already started making enough of those and is very likely to make them on all their systems at once. (Since the patch it will stop making most of them though once 5 are finished)
0Send private message
11 years ago
Mar 14, 2013, 6:25:32 PM
Ail wrote:
That is entirely intentional, if your are talking about the DiplomaticBehaviour.xml or the likes.

Alright then.
0Send private message
11 years ago
Mar 14, 2013, 6:53:54 PM
Ail, how would i go re-enabling dust trading? (done, but second point applies)

(And can we find a way to make it less weighted on the amounts of dust owned/produced by the AI?)
0Send private message
11 years ago
Mar 11, 2013, 12:22:17 PM
I'm not sure I understand what you mean.

I didn't borrow anything from the beta. The hero-handling-AI in the beta already was improved a lot compared to the current 1.0.61 version.

What I did is making some suggestions and findings for further improvements.

But I cannot know if all of them are in the patch. They said themselves that they are still at tuning it.

That's why I'm waiting for the patch and if they are missing and it's one of the modable things, I will apply it in my mod.

Stuff like the "which system to place which hero on and when?"-algorithm obviously cannot be modded and has to be hoped for to be improved between the beta and the patch scheduled for today.

Stuff like in which order the heroes learn their skills when leveling up on the other hand can be modded.
0Send private message
11 years ago
Apr 6, 2013, 2:01:16 PM
Uploaded a more current version.

It contains some tweaks to Governor/AI-Building values, which shall result in a better build-order. (e.G. Governor no longer explores moons even before an Exploit is build)
0Send private message
11 years ago
Apr 6, 2013, 2:09:50 PM
Here's the post about the changes I made in AIParametersBuilding.xml

I wrote it for the Devs on the VIP-Forums so please don't take it personal if it reads like YOU are responsible for the current state as I did not reword but just copy&paste from there:

Let me go through the thought-process for all the changes I've made:

A general thing to know is that the combined AI-value of an improvement is not in linear relationshipt with the AI's urge to build it.

If you have 2 buildings, one with an AI-value of 2 and 100 Production cost and one with an AI-value of 3 and 150 Production cost, the AI will prefer the one with the AI value of 3 all the time!

So as a general rule I'd say: Stay close to a combined value of 2 for reasonable results. Going too far over 2 will kinda force the AI to build the building no matter what. Dropping below 1 has high chances that the AI will completely ignore the building.

The old one was a combined 3.5, which forced any Craver colony to immediately go for it no matter what once it was researched! Having a colony build this for 46 turns as its first project kinda defeats the purpose of preservering the higher FIDS for longer as much of the potential is wasted.

The old one was a combined 2.2. Remember this building does nothing but reduce the industry cost of further buildings. As Sower you get it earlier and the AI will try to build it everywhere despite the very specific use. It cannot really be compared with other industry-enhancing buildings who actually deserve 2.2.

The old one was 2. For a building that most of the time will just cost Dust instead of giving dust that seemed way too high for me.

The old one was a combined 4. While this building is very good, 4 is still totally out of question! Imho 3 is for absolute must-haves. Exceeding 3 is always very dangerous.

The old one was a combined 2.5. You nerfed the Science-Income on the Trade-building but you never adjusted the AI-value accordingly. Trade-buildings do very little for there cost since the nerf. The new Values reflect that.

Anomaly-Reductions in general: A lot of them where at 3 and even higher. Too much! I changed all of them to exactly 2. (in different ways depending on the anomaly in question)

The old one was a combined 2.5. Way too much for what it does (having a slight chance to find a temple and enabling 2 buildings to work). I feel 1.5 much more reasonable as the temple is nowhere near guaranteed.

The old values ranged from 4.6 up to a whoopin' 8!

While these buildings all are extremeley powerfull, a combined value of 3.2 still is more than enough to ensure they are made as soon as reasonable. Those buildings are pretty expensive to build afterall, so reducing to 3.2 allows to throw in some cheaper improvements before immediately going for the. Special1 with 3.2 is still the first thing the AI will build when it colonizes a new system.

The old one was a combined value of 15. smiley: sarcastic As we have learned before, everything higher than 3 is potentially very dangerous for "i will make it right now no matter what"-purposes.

Yes, this building leads to victory. But should this mean it should be forced to be immediately build everywhere? I don't think so! Only Systems that really have a good enough industry should do so.

3 might be somewhat to low considering the cost but I tried 4 before and it still was too high. For really good systems, where it would take 20-30 turns 3 still is sufficient.
0Send private message
11 years ago
Apr 6, 2013, 6:09:55 PM
Ail, you should consider implementing my changes to expansion disapproval and blockades; those two should ramp up the challenge greatly as spreading like wildfire won't ensure victory and blockading the AI won't cripple it's research anymore. And btw, i invite you to try my mod again and see if you can crush the AI as easily as last time smiley: smile.
0Send private message
?

Click here to login

Comment
0Send private message