Logo Platform
logo amplifiers simplified
Endless Space
Universe banner wording

ENDLESS™ Space is a turn-based 4X strategy game, covering the space colonization age in the ENDLESS™ Universe. You control every aspect of your civilization as you strive for galactic dominion.

Bigger Galaxies with More people in them!

Copied to clipboard!
11 years ago
Aug 23, 2013, 9:36:00 PM
Nothing really new here, but I made this for myself this afternoon and thought I'd share it with the community.

I've only made it for Disharmony at this point.

CURRENT VERSION: 0.2

FEATURES:

- You can go up to 12 players as per this post: https://www.games2gether.com/endless-space/forum/37-modding/thread/16272-is-eight-empires-a-hard-coded-limit

-Integrated with alternativ Galaxy Generator 0.4.1 by Dagobert

DOWNLOAD:

v0.2

DISCLAIMER:

This mod is far from complete at this time! It may bug out, AI may to weird things, etc! I'm posting it here in this state so that anyone can try it out and let me know what issues they encounter.

If anyone wants to integrate this mod to another mod, I have no beef with that, after all it can be replicated in an hour, lol. I'd ask that if you find solutions to problems within this mod while integrating it into yours, you share them here, however, 'cause it would be cool to know how to fix borked stuff, lol.

If you find any issues please post them here!

CHANGELOG:

v0.2 -

- Integrated with Dagobert's alternativ Galaxy Generation, which fixed a crapton of errors coming from the AI (it was unable to calculate the value of systems, is what I gathered, so I must've done something dumb, anyways Dagobert's Galaxy Generation script is much more flexible than vanilla, and you can make bigger galaxies)

- Upped the max arms in Dagobert's mod to 12, in line with the max # of empires.

KNOWN ISSUES:

- Galaxy Tooltip still broken (that index out of range exception is really getting my goat. The tooltip actually appears for a second, then boom, index out of range. Why? The data is being displayed! )

- Diplomacy Tooltip still broken (same index out of range exception... tooltip shows up for a second too...)
0Send private message
0Send private message
11 years ago
Aug 24, 2013, 3:55:04 AM
@Antera: Thanks! Glad to know it'll be usefull for something smiley: smile

--

I found a fun little bug. Apparently the Empire tooltip and the diplomacy tooltip don't like having more than 8 races. They throw an Argument out of range exception. I'm gonna be looking into that in the near future. Plz post if anyone finds more bugs!

EDIT: Oh hell, there are a lot more bugs that pop out during a game. I think maybe the AI has stuff tied in to galaxy size. Next step: I will separate the bigger galaxies and the more people parts and test them independently from each other... I'll post the separate downloads tomorrow in case somebody want's to help me wade through the sea of error popups, lol.
0Send private message
11 years ago
Aug 24, 2013, 5:45:36 PM
Changelog:

- Integrated with Dagobert's alternativ Galaxy Generation, which fixed a crapton of errors coming from the AI (it was unable to calculate the value of systems, is what I gathered, so I must've done something dumb, lol, anyways Dagobert's Galaxy Generation script is much more flexible than vanilla, and you can make bigger galaxies)

- Upped the max arms in Dagobert's mod to 12, in line with the max # of empires.

Known issues:

- Galaxy Tooltip still broken (that index out of range exception is really getting my goat. The tooltip actually appears for a second, then boom, index out of range. Why? The data is being displayed! :confusedsmiley: smile

- Diplomacy Tooltip still broken (same index out of range exception... tooltip shows up for a second too...)
0Send private message
11 years ago
Aug 26, 2013, 5:14:53 PM
The Galaxy Generator mod, and subsequently your mod, since you've transposed it almost exactly as is, have a serious problem. At least for me, don't know about anyone else. I am unable to use either your mod or the galaxy generator mod with a custom faction. Maybe its the 1.1.17.3 patch changes to custom faction or maybe its always been there and I simply cannot find any posts about it. It does this very weird thing about positive and negative traits, allowing me to have 0 of either kind. I've tried everything I can think of but nothing works to allow me to use a faction of my own design. Since the base factions are, IMO, booooorrriiinnnggggg. It kinda defeats the purpose of using the mods. Not even sure what the problem might be as I am able to make custom factions with all the other mods I've got, just not ones that include the Dagobert's Alternative Galaxy Generator mod.

Any info or advice would be appreciated. If you need any more info from me let me know.
0Send private message
11 years ago
Aug 26, 2013, 8:50:39 PM
Zzherin wrote:
The Galaxy Generator mod, and subsequently your mod, since you've transposed it almost exactly as is, have a serious problem. At least for me, don't know about anyone else. I am unable to use either your mod or the galaxy generator mod with a custom faction. Maybe its the 1.1.17.3 patch changes to custom faction or maybe its always been there and I simply cannot find any posts about it. It does this very weird thing about positive and negative traits, allowing me to have 0 of either kind. I've tried everything I can think of but nothing works to allow me to use a faction of my own design. Since the base factions are, IMO, booooorrriiinnnggggg. It kinda defeats the purpose of using the mods. Not even sure what the problem might be as I am able to make custom factions with all the other mods I've got, just not ones that include the Dagobert's Alternative Galaxy Generator mod.

Any info or advice would be appreciated. If you need any more info from me let me know.

Egad. I didn't even think to try with a custom faction! :S I'm tied up with work for the next few days. But I'll look into this as soon as I have some free time. Thanks for pointing it out! As soon as I've got this sorted out I'll put a patch up here.
0Send private message
0Send private message
10 years ago
Dec 4, 2013, 1:16:16 PM
Hello

thank you for this mod but I have a problem, here are the screen error message:

when I click on new game I have this message

http://image.noelshack.com/fichiers/2013/49/1386162799-2013-12-04-00002.jpg

http://image.noelshack.com/fichiers/2013/49/1386162804-2013-12-04-00003.jpg

http://image.noelshack.com/fichiers/2013/49/1386162803-2013-12-04-00004.jpg

http://image.noelshack.com/fichiers/2013/49/1386162804-2013-12-04-00005.jpg

and finally I can not select my race, because no screen interface

http://image.noelshack.com/fichiers/2013/49/1386162805-2013-12-04-00006.jpg

thank you!
0Send private message
10 years ago
Oct 2, 2014, 10:59:09 PM
Only played for about 10 mins but it already seems like a good mod.

Only issue I've had yet is when I'm creating a new game with 12 factions only the first eleven fit on the screen. I've tried reconfiguring my display settings and tried tweaking in-game settings but can't find a way to fix it.
0Send private message
9 years ago
Jan 6, 2015, 3:16:54 PM
Anyone still supporting this mod?
0Send private message
9 years ago
Feb 11, 2015, 7:44:19 PM
Hey, sorry for the necro.

I recently tried out this mod, and for all intents and purposes, it still works.

However, I can't create new factions, as apparently they have a Trait limit. Of zero.

Which part do I need to change to change that?

Edit: Also, Module descriptions are outdated. Can I just delete some file, or change something somewhere?
0Send private message
9 years ago
Jun 10, 2015, 12:05:24 AM
I can't start games with this mod. There's a dialogue window which pops up as soon as I start a game, and I can't click on "exit to desktop" or "OK" even though the buttons look enabled; the only thing I can do is force Endless Space to quit. I'm using the latest (to date) version of Disharmony on a Mac with OS X 10.10.2 on it. I've only tried starting games in a massive 4-armed spiral galaxy with 12 factions; I haven't tried any other settings.

I also have the same fraction-creation problem as UnLimiTeD. Custom factions have a trait limit of zero and also a negative trait limit of zero. I could edit a previously created faction and save it, but that made the faction not show up when I tried to choose it for one of the AI players.
0Send private message
0Send private message
8 years ago
Feb 4, 2016, 2:27:28 AM
hope people still check this forum but what I want to know is how do I install the galaxy mod

cheers
0Send private message
0Send private message
8 years ago
Jun 18, 2016, 4:46:22 PM
I know this isn't officially supported anymore, but still: I keep wanting to get back into ES, but the super small galaxies are a tiny bit annoying. I got ES to go up to 128 systems via editing the XML, but the load process is slow as hell.

So, i tried this mod, but the game won't start at all with this error:

https://i.imgur.com/FmMa2hl.jpg

The game exec hangs, and i have to close it. Anyone know what's going wrong here?
0Send private message
?

Click here to login

Comment
0Send private message