Logo Platform
logo amplifiers simplified
Games2Gether

Games2Gether

GAMES2GETHER is a brand new way for players around the world to participate in the creation of a video game! Working closely for years with players to share, discuss or compare ideas, we wanted to bring the idea of community one step further.

OK, Amplitude, something needs to be done with these bots and spam accounts.

Copied to clipboard!
a year ago
Jun 10, 2023, 4:18:07 PM

I dont know why, but the sheer volume of Bot/spam content has exploded recently and getting worse,before it was only 1 or 2 threads there, now, these bot/spam accounts are taking up entire pages, infact as of the making of this thread, the Bot/spam accounts have up to 9 pages worth of threads right now snd it does not show any signs of slowing down.

Updated a year ago.
0Send private message
a year ago
Jun 10, 2023, 9:43:08 PM
DragonGaming wrote:

I dont know why, but the sheer volume of Bot/spam content has exploded recently and getting worse,before it was only 1 or 2 threads there, now, these bot/spam accounts are taking up entire pages, infact as of the making of this thread, the Bot/spam accounts have up to 9 pages worth of threads right now snd it does not show any signs of slowing down.

We are totally agree, the team is working on some additional ways to avoid them, if not mistaken should be early week 

0Send private message
a year ago
Jun 19, 2023, 12:32:16 PM

OK, Amplitude, real talk time:
What the hell is going on? The amount of spam is not just increasing, the spam attacks are downright EXPLODING! When I logged into the forum just now, I was greeted by 8 pages of spam threads. EIGHT!

At this point, I not only expect you to take action to finally get this under control, I demand it from you! I have been in your forum for 11 years now, and while there has always been spam, it's undeniable that the situation has gotten completely out of hand lately. What surprises me the most is that a newly created account can generate dozens of threads in no time without the account being shadowbanned.

The process for registering a new account should be revised, with a more reliable verification method to ensure the user is a human. Additionally, there should be a ban list that automatically shadowbans threads with certain content, and users who create multiple threads with content from the ban list on the same day should be automatically banned. If you look at the spam threads, it's almost always about the same things: abortion pills, call girls, random phone numbers, (and occasionally) penis enlargement. Phone numbers or terms like "call girls" should be blocked automatically.

Of course, I have no idea how to implement such measures technically, but it should be possible to (significantly) improve the situation.
Please, put a stop to these spam bots. The forum simply isn't enjoyable anymore.

0Send private message
a year ago
Jun 19, 2023, 12:49:03 PM

When I started writing my previous post, the threads from the screenshots were already deleted. Good! But of course, I still wanted to provide my feedback. After doing so, what do I see in the forum? A spam bot has created 4 more pages of threads about call girls. WTF!!!

Take a look at the time intervals at which this new account is creating threads:

Two to four threads per minute, and that over a period of 30 minutes from just one single account! Why is this even technically possible? It should be clear that no human can create so many threads that quickly! There must be a way to automatically detect and ban such activity!

These spam attacks must be coming from somewhere. Since the content is always the same, the attacker is likely the same as well. Therefore, the attack itself must be originating from more or less the same region. Is it possible to implement IP bans in order to address this issue?

Updated a year ago.
0Send private message
a year ago
Jun 19, 2023, 1:20:08 PM

Hello.

Unfortunately IP ban is there, but they are using an infinite range of IP. The team is currently working on developing in emergency a spam control service that will prevent this and we hope to have something released soon (unfortunately you will have to endure this at least a week in order for us to make sure we don't break anything). I will not go into details here as the less information is public the more effective it can be :)

Sobert

0Send private message
a year ago
Jun 19, 2023, 1:32:03 PM
Sobert wrote:

Hello.

Unfortunately IP ban is there, but they are using an infinite range of IP. The team is currently working on developing in emergency a spam control service that will prevent this and we hope to have something released soon (unfortunately you will have to endure this at least a week in order for us to make sure we don't break anything). I will not go into details here as the less information is public the more effective it can be :)

Sobert

Thank you :)

0Send private message
a year ago
Jun 21, 2023, 1:07:00 PM

@Sobert 

I just wanted to let you know that the attackers are now using a different tactic (at least I haven't seen it before):

I noticed an old thread (11 years old) suddenly appearing in the "Most Recent Threads" section. In that thread, there was an advertisement for eyebrow tattoos given as a reply, along with a corresponding link added at the end.

Updated a year ago.
0Send private message
0Send private message0Send private message
10 months ago
Jul 4, 2023, 3:14:06 PM

Ok so what the hell is going on? I try to post a thread but can't and constantly get "please reload or contact an administrator". "This looks like spam".

All i want is for the Steam Logos to change back, the new ones are non-descriptive and feel like this wave of minimalistic-where-its-not-needed stuff we had years prior which i hoped died out...

Updated 10 months ago.
0Send private message
10 months ago
Jul 4, 2023, 3:20:01 PM

Hey. We implemented a new anti spam system that should not block legit user but you seem to be blocked. Can you send me in PM the content of your message?

Also which steam logos you want to change back ?

0Send private message
10 months ago
Jul 4, 2023, 3:54:02 PM

Looks like its because i tried to include a picture in my post as that also triggered the "this is spam" message when i tried to DM you.

And by Logos i meant he logos in your library in front of the name. The new ones don't say much and feel minimalistic and soulless, like how can you even disceren what is ES1 and ES2 for example. They are the same.

Tried uploading the pic to another site, lets see: Link to ibb

Updated 10 months ago.
0Send private message
4 months ago
Jan 29, 2024, 5:52:12 AM

Necroing this Thread because its happening all over again, Amplitude I thought this was fixed but as of this writing the site has 13, THIRTEEN FULL pages worth of spam right now.

Its been barely Half a year after we had the last spam outbreak and we are having another one already.

Updated 4 months ago.
0Send private message
?

Click here to login

Comment
0Send private message