Logo Platform
logo amplifiers simplified
Dungeon of the Endless
Universe banner wording

Dungeon of the ENDLESS™ is a Rogue-Like Dungeon-Defense hybrid game, in which your team of heroes must protect the generator of their crashed ship while finding their way out!

Linux/Mac Support?

Copied to clipboard!
11 years ago
Nov 16, 2013, 10:50:15 AM
DarkMeph wrote:
I cannot find the video now but someone had done a batch file that delete all the directories on the windows hard drive. Also there was computer game called Virus which came with a .exe called fungames.exe and it starts deleting all your files and if press cancel the files to cancel the process have been deleted and then you get a message saying this was a Joke.

DarkMeph

Evil - but well, Windows and its management of permissions...
0Send private message
11 years ago
Nov 12, 2013, 2:52:22 PM
T41 wrote:
I have windows vista on my home PC smiley: redface cheapness ftw

Vista is worse than 8, man. How do you survive??? smiley: stickouttongue
0Send private message
11 years ago
Nov 12, 2013, 3:04:44 PM
Stealth_Hawk wrote:
Vista is worse than 8, man. How do you survive??? smiley: stickouttongue

Nah, Vista was bad, but nothing is worse than Win 8, safe perhaps DOS. And that is debatable.
0Send private message
11 years ago
Nov 12, 2013, 4:43:44 PM
Personally I think we should go back to good old days of windows 3.11. I use Win 7 on my two PCs, one of them dual boots into XP. Never touched Vista I did not want to get cursed. I got one laptop still running Windows 98 and it will not Die. I have dropped it twice. My other laptop run Windows XP but that barely functions now. I have one Mac book pro which I use most of time posting on this here forums. I also use it play Endless Space and few other games which seem to run better on here than my PC.

DarkMeph
0Send private message
11 years ago
Nov 12, 2013, 11:09:59 PM
Nosferatiel wrote:
Nah, Vista was bad, but nothing is worse than Win 8, safe perhaps DOS. And that is debatable.

Okay, thats a good point. Vista is better than a tablet OS on a desktop.

But hey, at least DOS does what you tell it to.

@Darkmeph just find some linux distros you like. That will beat your windows experience by a mile lol
0Send private message
11 years ago
Nov 12, 2013, 11:15:35 PM
Stealth_Hawk wrote:
But hey, at least DOS does what you tell it to.

Ok, I admit that I specifically like the "undelete" command. Very handy to clean up some persons' worst mistakes. XD
0Send private message
11 years ago
Nov 12, 2013, 11:44:11 PM
Nosferatiel wrote:
Ok, I admit that I specifically like the "undelete" command. Very handy to clean up some persons' worst mistakes. XD

Too easy.

Linux would happily commit virtual suicide and not tell you a peep. lol (that's where you learn which commands are NOT to be used)
0Send private message
11 years ago
Nov 13, 2013, 12:09:02 PM
Tredecim wrote:
Too easy.

Linux would happily commit virtual suicide and not tell you a peep. lol (that's where you learn which commands are NOT to be used)

rm -rf $HOME/*

?
0Send private message
11 years ago
Nov 13, 2013, 6:09:09 PM
Nosferatiel wrote:
rm -rf $HOME/*

?

Yep, this kind of commands smiley: stickouttongue

Same goes for the sweet command to wipe the entire disk. Linux simply stops responding after some time.
0Send private message
11 years ago
Nov 15, 2013, 7:25:12 PM
I cannot find the video now but someone had done a batch file that delete all the directories on the windows hard drive. Also there was computer game called Virus which came with a .exe called fungames.exe and it starts deleting all your files and if press cancel the files to cancel the process have been deleted and then you get a message saying this was a Joke.

DarkMeph
0Send private message
11 years ago
Nov 12, 2013, 8:01:47 AM
Stealth_Hawk wrote:
And tred, yeah it was just a joke lol Ubuntu and most other linux's suck for gaming, so I just use windows smiley: frown so until Linux gets better for gaming, I honestly don't care for linux support.

Waitin' for Steambox / SteamOS. smiley: stickouttongue

I wonder how ES would run on it.
0Send private message
10 years ago
Dec 12, 2013, 11:24:06 AM
Mysterarts wrote:
Like I said, we're working on the PC and Mac versions, but we're considering other platforms too smiley: wink

Please keep considering them, don't make me a very sad panda!
0Send private message
0Send private message
10 years ago
May 21, 2014, 8:31:13 PM
Hi Guys,

It will be great to be able to try the early access on my MacBook Air.

There is some hope it will happen ?
0Send private message
0Send private message
10 years ago
Aug 23, 2014, 12:29:50 PM
At least for Mac Saylawl said this yesterday on the steam forum:

Hello!

We will do our best to release the Mac version with the official launch of the game (before the end of the year).

Cheers,
0Send private message
10 years ago
Aug 23, 2014, 6:21:57 PM
They can take their time with DotE. I bought it, I'll wait. I want the EL version ported to MAC about 1 trillion times more!!!!
0Send private message
9 years ago
Aug 12, 2015, 8:01:18 PM
Amplitude are porting DotE to iOS, meaning the engine now uses Unity 5. Given the similarities between OSX and Linux, and the fact that they probably had to cut down on less portable middleware, it seems to me that the extra effort for a Linux port is now much less.

Is there any hope of Linux compatibility yet?

And how are the other games faring in the platform department?

(Endless Legend Endless Space Endless Space 2)
0Send private message
9 years ago
Aug 13, 2015, 3:50:06 PM
Amplitude are porting DotE to iOS and Xbone, meaning the engine now uses Unity 4.3+ (with some platforms in preview) or Unity 5. Given the similarities between OSX and Linux, and the fact that they probably had to cut down on less portable middleware, it seems to me that the extra effort for a Linux port is now much less.

Is there any hope of Linux compatibility yet?

And how are the other games faring in the platform department?

(Endless Legend Endless Space Endless Space 2)
0Send private message
11 years ago
Oct 23, 2013, 12:02:23 PM
Mysterarts wrote:
Like I said, we're working on the PC and Mac versions, but we're considering other platforms too smiley: wink

I am really looking forward to the GNU/Linux version.
0Send private message
?

Click here to login

Comment
0Send private message