Logo Platform
logo amplifiers simplified
Dungeon of the Endless
Universe banner wording

Dungeon of the ENDLESS™ is a Rogue-Like Dungeon-Defense hybrid game, in which your team of heroes must protect the generator of their crashed ship while finding their way out!

Dungeon of the Endless: The Card Board Game

Copied to clipboard!
0Send private message
6 years ago
Jan 20, 2018, 5:41:35 AM

Wow, I'd spend my money for a board game version of a DotE! That is a great idea!

0Send private message
6 years ago
Jan 31, 2018, 1:33:21 AM

This is such a cool idea - is there any video gameplay of it uploaded somewhere? I don't actually own tabletop simulator but would very much like to see how it plays D:

0Send private message
6 years ago
Feb 5, 2018, 10:18:43 PM

Unfortunately, there is no gameplay video of the game in its current state. I have finally found time to return to work on Alpha 0.2, but both combat and dungeon generation will receive major overhauls, so no additional material will be ready before I release 0.2

0Send private message
0Send private message0Send private message
6 years ago
Apr 28, 2018, 5:37:52 PM

Current status is that I've been working on complete revisions of the dungeon generation and event system, as well as the combat system, but I ran into a dead end. I stepped away from this for a while and worked on an old Endless Legend mod to clear my head, but the plan is to have Alpha 0.2 ready for Gamescom at the latest.

0Send private message
7 years ago
Aug 25, 2017, 5:17:35 PM

I have seen the idea come up in the DotE forums time and again: Wouldn't a Board/Card game based on Dungeon of the Endless be cool?

So, for the occassion of this year's Gamescom, I have sat down and used my vacation to create a prototype of just that. Now I'm releasing it so I can get some broader feedback.

It is available as a TableTop Simulator mod http://steamcommunity.com/sharedfiles/filedetails/?id=1119775021

PDF files for printing will be available soon (aiming for Monday)

If there's demand, I may create a Vassal module as well.

Being a very early prototype, the content is currently limited:

6 Heroes (Gork, Max, Opbot, Sara, Deena, Elise)

5 different monsters

13 modules (4 major, 3 of each minor category)

32 different items; No utility items

1 Starting Ship (Escape Pod)

36 Rooms

Since my group of testers was very limited so far, it is still very rough around the edges (and probably terribly balanced). There are still many aspects I feel need iteration or overhaul, so there will be at least two or three more alpha versions before I consider the game at a "beta" stage.

But I still hope it's enjoyable.

Updated 7 years ago.
0Send private message
6 years ago
Jul 31, 2018, 5:00:58 AM
The-Cat-o-Nine-Tales wrote:

Current status is that I've been working on complete revisions of the dungeon generation and event system, as well as the combat system, but I ran into a dead end. I stepped away from this for a while and worked on an old Endless Legend mod to clear my head, but the plan is to have Alpha 0.2 ready for Gamescom at the latest.

Gamescom is coming closer...

0Send private message
6 years ago
Jul 31, 2018, 3:53:20 PM

Yes, and I have most of the rework figured out, but I'll need to bring it into a form readable by people other than me, as well as create the cards.

Sadly, I won't be able to bring a physical prototype this year, as I can't spare the funds for the expensive one-off print.

0Send private message
6 years ago
Aug 9, 2018, 7:27:51 PM

Yeah, printing prototypes is expensive. Shame I won't be at Gamescom to see you and see how it is coming along.

0Send private message
0Send private message
6 years ago
Sep 25, 2018, 12:21:06 PM

Alright, I'm a month overdue now, so I guess it's time for an explanation:

When I had finished the draft for the 0.2 rules and cards, I ran into technical issues creating the TTS module (issues with extracting the DotE assets, confusing issues with TTS not loading the spritesheet properly, etc). By the time I had fixed those, I had thrown many of the card designs and mechanics that I had not been fully happy with out the window again, and started redesigning. At that point, I was only about a week late... And then the "corporate restructuring" began at the company for which I freelance, which meant a much heavier workload than before and a lot of unpredictable shifts.

Now, a different change in my life has come up that I'm not ready to talk about yet, but it will consume much of my attention for a few weeks, and may also mean refocusing on a different project until the end of the year, which I hope will make sense to everybody when this wraps up.

If I can, I will create a printed prototype for Endless Day, but I can not guarantee I'll make it, given the scope of what I'm facing next.

Updated 6 years ago.
0Send private message
5 years ago
Dec 17, 2018, 8:47:25 PM

Hi The-Cat-o-Nine-Tales,

I'm following this thread with interest, do you have any updates for us? :)

Updated 5 years ago.
0Send private message
5 years ago
Dec 18, 2018, 8:40:59 AM

The plan is still to get the next version ready for Endless Day. However, it may use a lot of placeholder "art" as I will be going straight to Alpha 0.3, after playtesting showed Alpha 0.2 was close to unplayable with clutter on the table.

And as you can probably guess, my change in employment and location has taken a chunk of time out of my production.

0Send private message
0Send private message
3 years ago
Mar 26, 2021, 4:43:05 PM

I hope this one's still on the bench ^^

0Send private message
0Send private message
a year ago
Feb 6, 2023, 4:26:37 PM

I have to admit, I had to put this on indefinite hold. I just can't find the time for it anymore, and honestly after work I need to take a step back from all things Endless and disconnect. (Plus, as an Amplitude employee now, this kind of former fan project is in a bit of a weird spot now...) Doesn't mean I'm not always speaking out in favor of of Endless-themed boardgames whenever I can, though.

0Send private message
2 months ago
Mar 7, 2024, 11:38:38 PM

I still hope that one day you will come back to the idea of finishing the board game. The prototype seemed to be an interesting thing to play and that type of game would be definetely marked as one of my favs among the others on the shelf. (I dunno if you're among the creators of a card game that went with Endless Dungeon preorder, but something tells me that you might have been involved there)

0Send private message
?

Click here to login

Comment
0Send private message