Logo Platform
logo amplifiers simplified
Endless Legend
Universe banner wording

ENDLESS™ Legend is a turn-based 4X fantasy-strategy game, where you control every aspect of your civilization as you struggle to save your homeworld Auriga. Create your own Legend!

Game does not launch

Copied to clipboard!
8 years ago
Nov 27, 2015, 10:51:50 PM
Update :

I deleted it from Steam, re-downloaded it, and got the exact same thing : I launch the game, I see the amplitude animation, then the iceberg one, then an immobile screen with "Endless Legend", then it disappears and... nothing.

My Steamapps/Common/Endless Legend/EndlessLegend_Data/output_log.txt :output_log.txt

However I have no Endless Legend/Temporary Files/Diagnostics*.html in My Folders.
0Send private message
8 years ago
Nov 27, 2015, 10:55:44 PM
try making the .exe run in admin mode by right clicking it selecting properties going into the compatibility tab and selecting the run in admin mode option.
0Send private message
8 years ago
Nov 27, 2015, 10:57:07 PM
Update :

My NVidia driver is up to date, and I tried the "Run this program with Windows7 compatibility" in the sticky, same results.
0Send private message
8 years ago
Nov 28, 2015, 1:23:01 PM
Thanks orinx for your advice, I used it, but it didn't look like it changed anything.

However this morning, I booted my computer, and this time... It worked ! I could do the tutorial (btw kinda exciting to see all the possibilites, but I could have used a more detailed-tutorial, sort of campaign-like). To be sure, I closed the game after, and was successfully able to re-launch it.

So in the end I don't really know what did not work and what fixed it, but it was a combination of rebooting, admin rights, compatibility, deleting and re-installing...

P.S : how do I change the "UNSOLVED" in the title ?

Edited by François: Solved that for you!
0Send private message
8 years ago
Dec 25, 2015, 11:18:39 AM
I've got the exact same problem.. Even the logs are the same. smiley: smile

Doing a reinstall now, let's see..

For my understanding: Are there files missing in the Mono folder? Example (there are a few more):

Fallback handler could not load library C:/Program Files (x86)/Steam/steamapps/common/Endless Legend/EndlessLegend_Data/Mono/fmod_event_net64.dll
0Send private message
8 years ago
Dec 30, 2015, 3:56:05 PM
Hi @ all.

ES does not start. I've tried everything possible. My System is Windows 10.

This is in the log file:

Initialize engine version: 4.1.5f1 (ed5ea3281df6)

GfxDevice: creating device client; threaded=1

I hope that help.

And sorry for my bad english. :-)

Greetings and a good new year

Sedulus
0Send private message
8 years ago
Jan 7, 2016, 1:41:19 PM
@Sedulus: Have you tried launching your game in compatibility mode for Windows 7?
0Send private message
8 years ago
Nov 27, 2015, 10:19:24 AM
Hello everyone,

I just bought yesterday the Endless Legend Collection on Steam (damn Steam sales...), successfully downloaded it, and I tried launching it today.

When I launch it from the Steam App, I see an icon launching, a short video displaying Amplitude then another company name "play it cool", then I see some kind of loading screen with Endless legend, but after like 6 seconds it just disappears, and I can try launching the game again from Steam, with the exact same results.

I checked my firewall, which allows Endless Legends. I tried launching in in Admin mode, same results. I unchecked "Read Only" in the World Generator folder, and apparently my NVidia knows that she's supposed to run the game.

My computer runs Windows 8.1, with a GeForce GTX 750 Ti, Intel Core i5-4460, 8Go or RAM. I successfully play games such as League of Legends, or Steam games such as Shogun Total War 2, Borderlands Pre-sequel...

I also rebooted my computer. So I'm at a loss about how to launch the game, any help would really be appreciated.

Thanks,

Anajry.
0Send private message
3 years ago
Sep 5, 2021, 5:23:05 PM

Hello everyone! Although this thread is very old, I recently reinstalled Endless Legend via Steam and ran into the same issue (i.e., game crashing after the EL logo - no error message, etc.). Nothing I found online helped (e.g., running in Compatibility Mode, ensuring the folders were writable, etc. etc.). However, one thing I found did work, so I thought I'd post it here in case any others are still struggling with this.

1. Type env in the Windows Search bar and hit ENTER.
  2. A best match result should come up at the top, called Edit the system environment variables. Click on that.
  3. A System Properties pop-up will appear. Click on the button at the bottom, labeled Environment Variables.
  4. The Environment Variables pop-up will appear. At the bottom, click on the New... button.
  5. The New System Variable pop-up will appear.
    • For the Variable name, type OPENSSL_ia32cap
    • For the Variable value, type :~0x20000000
    • Click OK to add the new variable.
    • Click OK again when the system takes you back to the prior window (and again for the prior System Properties window, if it's still there).
Endless Legend should now launch without crashing.

0Send private message
3 years ago
Sep 28, 2021, 3:04:02 AM

Hello everyone, I gifted EL to a friend the other day and she cannot pass the menu screen (after all the dev/publisher logos, it just crashes to desktop without a message). I tried to troubleshoot the problem but with no avail (she should run the game without problem). We are running out of options and I don't know what else to do to make my gift work (and to be clear, we have tried every possible solution that was given in this very post, in the sticky, and in the steam forums).

0Send private message
3 years ago
Oct 22, 2021, 7:37:35 PM
MaddMyke wrote:

Hello everyone! Although this thread is very old, I recently reinstalled Endless Legend via Steam and ran into the same issue (i.e., game crashing after the EL logo - no error message, etc.). Nothing I found online helped (e.g., running in Compatibility Mode, ensuring the folders were writable, etc. etc.). However, one thing I found did work, so I thought I'd post it here in case any others are still struggling with this.

2. A best match result should come up at the top, called Edit the system environment variables. Click on that.
  3. A System Properties pop-up will appear. Click on the button at the bottom, labeled Environment Variables.
  4. The Environment Variables pop-up will appear. At the bottom, click on the New... button.
    • Click OK again when the system takes you back to the prior window (and again for the prior System Properties window, if it's still there).

I bought this game today, and nothing solved this problem. I just register to tell you thank you, only your solution worked

0Send private message
2 years ago
Dec 15, 2021, 5:45:44 AM

Hi everyone.

I have same issue, but only now, as a few years back I'd played EL with no problem.

To avoid any misunderstanding, I've tried EVERYTHING, and checked all possible forums, incl. steamguide, and NOTHING worked for me.

I attached by log, so maybe someone helps me, please. output_log.txt

0Send private message
2 years ago
Dec 15, 2021, 6:04:48 PM
zl0itap0k wrote:

... tried EVERYTHING, and checked all possible forums, incl. steamguide, and NOTHING worked 

This case anyone can help you. The most common fix is, to "whitelist" (create an exception) the ...documents/Endless Legend/... folder within the antivirus software(s) you make use of.

0Send private message
2 years ago
Jan 28, 2022, 7:56:13 AM
MaddMyke wrote:

• Click OK again when the system takes you back to the prior window (and again for the prior System Properties window, if it's still there).

WOW WTF!!! This actually worked.. No idea how you figured this out but thanks.

0Send private message
2 years ago
Mar 20, 2022, 10:12:11 PM
MaddMyke wrote:

Endless Legend should now launch without crashing

You are my hero. 

0Send private message
2 years ago
Mar 30, 2022, 10:21:33 AM
MaddMyke wrote:

A fking hero.

0Send private message
2 years ago
Mar 30, 2022, 8:04:59 PM

Thank you!  Had tried to re-install this last night and was crashing after the Symbiosis splash screen.  This fixed it.

0Send private message
2 years ago
Apr 1, 2022, 4:16:51 PM
Oh my ...

And the best part of it is...

It made me able to play another game with which I had the same issue !!!

You are, MaddMyke , a hero of cosmic envergure !!!
0Send private message
2 years ago
Apr 13, 2022, 1:04:16 PM

I hadn't run into this issue but your guide has helped us get a number of new players into ELCP matches over the past few months when they couldn't launch the game, so thanks very much MaddMyke!

0Send private message
0Send private message
?

Click here to login

Comment
0Send private message