Logo Platform
logo amplifiers simplified
Endless Legend
Universe banner wording

ENDLESS™ Legend is a turn-based 4X fantasy-strategy game, where you control every aspect of your civilization as you struggle to save your homeworld Auriga. Create your own Legend!

Accessing Debug Modes

Copied to clipboard!
0Send private message0Send private message
8 years ago
Nov 23, 2015, 9:22:17 AM
Hello,

A small addition to ThorTillas explanations: if you use the cheat /ForceQuestTriggering but the quest has a wrong prerequisite or a wrong variable it won't trigger.

It is to avoid a quest to happen without being feasible.

Best example is with village quests. You always need the InitialVillage in order to trigger them because it is a data required for several variables. Thus, the cheat will never work for them as you don't target any village using it.

I hope it is clearer.
0Send private message
8 years ago
Nov 23, 2015, 9:00:42 AM
Hi there!

Oh... well... you are right... ForceQuestTriggering is to start a quest... sorry...

so hum... let start again...

First you have to be sure that the quest has triggered. Then the only command we have will validate all the current quests.

Let's say your quest name is "SideQuestTotoIsTheBest" (best quest name ever! ^^).

You will have to type these commands:

/ForceQuestTriggering SideQuestTotoIsTheBest

/ForceCurrentQuestCompletion

And it should work!

Let me know if you encounter any difficulties!

Cheers,

flo.
0Send private message
8 years ago
Nov 20, 2015, 8:55:40 PM
Ty for the help I was able to find the QuestDefintion name I was looking but I had two things I wanted to ask one I thought "/ForceCurrentQuestCompletion finished quest and "/ForceQuestTriggering" started them if not is their a command to start quest? Second while I was able to find the name I was not able to get it to accept could you type in a example like this "/ForceQuestDefintionnameTriggering" this is one of the ways I tried that did not work could you give me a example of were I should put it in to get it accept it? Ty for the help and any help you can give me.
0Send private message
8 years ago
Nov 20, 2015, 8:44:06 AM
Hi!

As Pikou is taking a definitely most that eared holiday in Mexico (if I am not mistaking ^^), I will answer as best as I can !

/ForceQuestTriggering should finish any quest you currently have.

As the two quests you are requesting are special event quests I wont give you the name of the quest directly and risk to spoil other people, sorry...

But as a general practice, if you want to find a QuestDefinition name you have to go to the localisation file (%Endless Legend/Public/Localisation/English) and open the EF_Localization_Assets_Locales.xml

Then search for the title of the quest and look at the LocalizationPair name on the right. Remove the "Title" and the "%" and you should have your quest definition name!

I hope it help without spoiling it for other!

Cheers!

flo.
0Send private message
8 years ago
Nov 20, 2015, 1:19:50 AM
I was would like to know how does "/ForceQuestTriggering" work it asks for a quest definition name and I do not know were to find them or how to put the command after I get the names in so it will accept it The two quest I am looking for the definition names of are Day of Awakening and A tale from the Dark Season. If you could help I would be very thankful.
0Send private message
9 years ago
Jul 2, 2015, 1:26:44 PM
abmpicoli wrote:
Notice that this accumulator is to be place at a village ... Be it owned by an empire or not...

Well, after a quick test I have been able to add a property to a minor village, independantly from being owned or not.

To be more precise: in SimulationDescriptors[EmpireType].xml line 287.

But you will have to give me more details on what you intend to do exactly if you want me to further help you.

I tried to read your big thread but I get a bit confused :/
0Send private message
9 years ago
Jun 30, 2015, 8:59:33 AM
I will ask about how you could create your accumulator but for the debug mode itself I'm pretty sure we won't have the time to improve it.

Here is a screen of the debug city improvement:

The steps you described for creating armies is right.

If you want to use your custom design you just need to write down the name you used (for instance "UnitDesignBiduleMachin#1")
0Send private message
9 years ago
Jun 29, 2015, 4:25:51 PM
Pikou wrote:

> Minor empires have some info in simulation but it is not accessible considering it is not playable as a faction.

That's a pity!... smiley: frown Since the accumulator I intend to place is for a minor village, that may or may not be owned by an empire, I simply have no way to even debug the mod I was intending to build... Is it too complicated to place the root of the simulation hierarchy at the SimulationDebug so we can eventually traverse into the minor villages?

Pikou wrote:

/IAmACheater : I'm clueless regarding what does it do...

> It allows you to use a debug city improvement that will boost your cities. It also gives you a bonus to instantly research technologies.

Hm... not sure I've saw it when I enabled it... Is it in the build queue? What is the name of it?

Pikou wrote:

> I'm not sure that an accumulator property cannot be attached to an empire. But I will ask about that.

Notice that this accumulator is to be place at a village ... Be it owned by an empire or not...

Pikou wrote:

One of the things that bug me most: how can we identify the object the mouse is pointing at, so I can get debug info at it?

> Unfortunately we did not develop such a tool.

Another point: Is there a way to make a minor faction army be spawned during gameplay using some console command? I would like to make specific compositions to simulate different combat scenarios. This means I would like to spawn, say, and army composed of 2 driders lvl 1 and 3 driders lvl 2...

> It is something doable when the debugger is enabled. Click on G on your keyboard then point a tile and right-click with your mouse. It will create an army for you. You need to point a tile and ctrl+maj+right-click to create an enemy army. Those army composition can be change in the registry.xml. Just look at the first lines:

UnitDesignEyelessOnesCaecator#1,UnitDesignGeldirusIceWarg#1,UnitDesignVaultersTitan#1,UnitDesignVaultersDawnOfficer#1,UnitDesignVaultersDawnOfficer#1,UnitDesignVaultersMarine#1,UnitDesignVaultersMarine#1,UnitDesignKazanjiDevil#1

UnitDesignMadFairiesShaman#1,UnitDesignMadFairiesShaman#1,UnitDesignMadFairiesArcher#1,UnitDesignMadFairiesArcher#1,UnitDesignMadFairiesForestSpirit#1,UnitDesignMadFairiesForestSpirit#1,UnitDesignHauntsSpecter#MinorEmpire,UnitDesignHauntsSpecter#MinorEmpire

GREAT! THANKS! smiley: smile ...

So, to make an eventual match, say between 4 dekari rangers and 4 driders I would have to:

1) close the game;

2) open the registry;

3) specify my army and the enemy army compositions.

4) spawn my army, the enemy army and issue a battle. Good!

A further question: how do I make a custom layout I've just created be spawned in this way?
0Send private message
9 years ago
Jun 29, 2015, 3:50:19 PM
I use the Simulation Debugger on a daily basis thus I will first answer on this.

Now about /SimulationDebugMode : it only shows my empire? All right, we can switch with other empires by pressing 1 to 8 , but what about Minor factions? Aren't they simulated as well? How to show them?

> Minor empires have some info in simulation but it is not accessible considering it is not playable as a faction.

> It allows you to use a debug city improvement that will boost your cities. It also gives you a bonus to instantly research technologies.

My ultimate goal is to try to implement at least partially the ideas regarding native unrest and revolt: /#/endless-legend/forum/6-game-design/thread/3513-revolts-and-uprisings-or-how-to-make-the-warmonger-s-life-more-difficult

One thing that I was thinking about was to add an accumulator to the ClassMinorEmpireGarrison (Public\Simulation\SimulationDescriptors[Class].xml), the "unrestAccumulator" and then try to find the proper places to place the changes in the accumulator... But if I can't even see the variable (because it doesn't belong to an empire), how can I check if it is working or not?

> I'm not sure that an accumulator property cannot be attached to an empire. But I will ask about that.

One of the things that bug me most: how can we identify the object the mouse is pointing at, so I can get debug info at it?

> Unfortunately we did not develop such a tool.

Another point: Is there a way to make a minor faction army be spawned during gameplay using some console command? I would like to make specific compositions to simulate different combat scenarios. This means I would like to spawn, say, and army composed of 2 driders lvl 1 and 3 driders lvl 2...

> It is something doable when the debugger is enabled. Click on G on your keyboard then point a tile and right-click with your mouse. It will create an army for you. You need to point a tile and ctrl+maj+right-click to create an enemy army. Those army composition can be change in the registry.xml. Just look at the first lines:

UnitDesignEyelessOnesCaecator#1,UnitDesignGeldirusIceWarg#1,UnitDesignVaultersTitan#1,UnitDesignVaultersDawnOfficer#1,UnitDesignVaultersDawnOfficer#1,UnitDesignVaultersMarine#1,UnitDesignVaultersMarine#1,UnitDesignKazanjiDevil#1

UnitDesignMadFairiesShaman#1,UnitDesignMadFairiesShaman#1,UnitDesignMadFairiesArcher#1,UnitDesignMadFairiesArcher#1,UnitDesignMadFairiesForestSpirit#1,UnitDesignMadFairiesForestSpirit#1,UnitDesignHauntsSpecter#MinorEmpire,UnitDesignHauntsSpecter#MinorEmpire

Yet another: How can I discover the object id of whatever I'm pointing at with the mouse cursor? For example, to check the actual layouts of the units the army is composed of? I mean for quest spawned/ minor village armies... So no point telling me to press 1 to 8... Or how are the accumulators for that specific minor village.

> We did not develop such a tool either. If the army is yours you can at least deduce which army it is in your simulation according to the units template.

I will see if I can get more details for the other questions.
0Send private message
9 years ago
Jun 27, 2015, 1:13:59 PM
Now that I have accessed the debug mode , I simply have no clue on how to use most of its features:

For example: /GetRegistryValue... the sintax is /GetRegistryValue path... But how a patch is composed? Would you provide some examples?

The first time I tried the /AIDebugMode It took a long time for me to discover how to turn it off. I have tried /AIDebugMode qwdijqwoijo3ih and then discovered that I can set it On or Off...

Now about /SimulationDebugMode : it only shows my empire? All right, we can switch with other empires by pressing 1 to 8 , but what about Minor factions? Aren't they simulated as well? How to show them?

My ultimate goal is to try to implement at least partially the ideas regarding native unrest and revolt: /#/endless-legend/forum/6-game-design/thread/3513-revolts-and-uprisings-or-how-to-make-the-warmonger-s-life-more-difficult

One thing that I was thinking about was to add an accumulator to the ClassMinorEmpireGarrison (Public\Simulation\SimulationDescriptors[Class].xml), the "unrestAccumulator" and then try to find the proper places to place the changes in the accumulator... But if I can't even see the variable (because it doesn't belong to an empire), how can I check if it is working or not?

Yet another: How can I discover the object id of whatever I'm pointing at with the mouse cursor? For example, to check the actual layouts of the units the army is composed of? I mean for quest spawned/ minor village armies... So no point telling me to press 1 to 8... Or how are the accumulators for that specific minor village.

Another thing that I just discovered, and is not mentioned everywhere, is that the the debug console output is sent to the diagnostics html file...
0Send private message
9 years ago
May 17, 2015, 9:23:30 PM
Pikou wrote:
Hi everyone,

It is now possible to access two modding tools that will help you understand the simulation architecture and its values.

To be more specific, it is an integrated set of AI and Simulation tools, which allow you to browse through all the variables of an empire.

It also allows you to switch between empires (using number 1 to 8 on keyboard), so obviously this will be available in a special launch mode, to avoid cheating in multiplayer.

Here are the steps to follow in order to enable these tools:

[list=1]
  • You will have to enter a special command: "--enablemoddingtools" in the launch options of Steam for Endless Legend (right click on the game in your Library, "Properties", "General" tab, "Set Launch Options" button).

smiley: warning Steam achievements and multiplayer sessions are not available when these tools are enabled.
  • Launch a game, then open the chat-box (press the "Enter" key) and write down "/?"
  • You will see the commands available. It is your choice to enter SimulationDebugMode or AIDebugMode, or even both smiley: smile
  • [/list]

If you have any questions on this subject, please do not hesitate to add them to this thread.

Enjoy!

Great! It works! smiley: smile BY the way, instead of using the Steam launch options, it is better to actually go to the game installation folder, and create a desktop shortcut to "endlesslegend.exe" with that parameter. Steam accepts that (it only asks for confirmation that you really want to run with the --enablemoddingtools switch.
    0Send private message
    9 years ago
    Apr 21, 2015, 4:18:34 PM
    It would be nice for a console command to switch an Empire between human and AI control...
    0Send private message
    9 years ago
    Apr 2, 2015, 8:29:48 AM
    Sorry for the lack of details on this point.

You just need to use keyboard numbers (not keypad numbers) up to 8, according to number of empires in game.
    0Send private message
    9 years ago
    Apr 1, 2015, 1:23:45 PM
    Hi everyone,

It is now possible to access two modding tools that will help you understand the simulation architecture and its values.

To be more specific, it is an integrated set of AI and Simulation tools, which allow you to browse through all the variables of an empire.

It also allows you to switch between empires (using number 1 to 8 on keyboard), so obviously this will be available in a special launch mode, to avoid cheating in multiplayer.

However you cannot take control of minor empires thus info on them won't be available during a game.

Here are the steps to follow in order to enable these tools:

[list=1]
  • You will have to enter a special command: "--enablemoddingtools" in the launch options of Steam for Endless Legend (right click on the game in your Library, "Properties", "General" tab, "Set Launch Options" button).

smiley: warning Steam achievements and multiplayer sessions are not available when these tools are enabled.
  • Launch a game, then open the chat-box (press the "Enter" key) and write down "/?"
  • You will see the commands available. It is your choice to enter /SimulationDebugMode or /AIDebugMode, or even both smiley: smile
  • To hide the console you have to enter " off" after writing /SimulationDebugMode or /AIDebugMode.
  • [/list]

If you have any questions on this subject, please do not hesitate to add them to this thread.

Enjoy!
    0Send private message
    4 years ago
    May 23, 2020, 5:55:44 AM

Hello Pikou,

I've been tinkering with the command TransferResources. This lead me to a file ResourceDefinition.xml. I was able to increase my city growth buat I'm not able to increase my city production even though theres Production listed on the ResourceDefintion.xml file. Can you help with this? 

Thanks,

enoa7

0Send private message
    4 years ago
    May 23, 2020, 8:11:14 AM

If you use the  the community patch ELCP (Link), there is a work around for this: You can use "ShowMeTheStockpiles" to get a bunch of industrrry stock piles and increase your city production that way. Alternatively you can also just use Dust to buyout what you need. (You can use "ShowMetheMoney" or "ShowMeTheResources" to get more of it at once).

0Send private message
    4 years ago
    May 23, 2020, 12:56:36 PM
    LeaderEnemyBoss wrote:

If you use the  the community patch ELCP (Link), there is a work around for this: You can use "ShowMeTheStockpiles" to get a bunch of industrrry stock piles and increase your city production that way. Alternatively you can also just use Dust to buyout what you need. (You can use "ShowMetheMoney" or "ShowMeTheResources" to get more of it at once).

Was initially reluctant to use the ELCP as its modified the game opposed to plugin(?). but it turns it ok and I'm able to use the "ShowMeTheStockpiles" cmd.

Cheers mate,

Updated 4 years ago.
    0Send private message
    0Send private message
    ?

Click here to login

Comment
    0Send private message